• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I thought the Patriots or Dolphins would have looked out Bandy....but keep in mind, this was a huge class of rookies due to Covid and the extended eligibility in the college ranks last year...alot of talent in that tier of players in training camps this year.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Michel wasnt a Ram when Staley was there.
      Lol...as usual, "Factjolt" on the job....beat me to it!
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Way too high. Staley must have some unique looks in his playbook.
        You have to factor in that our lockdown defense will only be on the field for 35 plays a game
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
          Mike Mayock haha
          Being a pundit and really liking a couple dozen guys is a bit different than holding the phone and having to pick just one
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

None, but I can see the obvious--that Guyton's game complements the games of Allen and Williams much better than Palmer's game does.

Since the team has seen fit not have any other top end WR speed other than that presented by Guyton, Guyton's presence on the roster and in games is necessary for the team to produce at its highest level.
            I wager what ever you would like that Palmer's number will far greater than Guytons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

If only we could be like the Raiders and release our 1st round pick from last year for another team to claim!
              We aren't as smart as the Raiders. We keep bringing our first round pick (from a few years ago--Tillery) back so he can suck for us on the field over and over again. And if Murray does not improve, we will get the chance to say the same thing about him too, but I have hope for Murray. I would have cut Tillery before last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I wager what ever you would like that Palmer's number will far greater than Guytons.
                That is the freaking point/problem!

The team is taking an offensive hit by bending over backwards to prefer Palmer to Guyton. Guyton did not have any of his patented very long receptions until week 12 last year, which was totally inexcusable. The refusal to use the deep game except on broken coverages last year until late in the season was just awful. Herbert's air yards per pass were in the bottom 5 in the league at one point. The issue was bad enough that it made the national sports media as a point of discussion. The same thing happened with Stafford in DET when Lombardi was OC there too, notwithstanding some guy named Calvin Johnson being on the team.

So, it looks like we are going to force feed the easily covered Palmer even more short passes this year than last year while we continue to underutilize and misuse Guyton. Our offense will be good because of Herbert, Ekeler, Allen and Williams, but it will not be as good as it could have been without a greater use of the most explosive receiver on the roster--Guyton.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                  Fluent in Sarcasm
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Iowa
                  • Man of the People
                  • Send PM

We aren't as smart as the Raiders. We keep bringing our first round pick (from a few years ago--Tillery) back so he can suck for us on the field over and over again. And if Murray does not improve, we will get the chance to say the same thing about him too, but I have hope for Murray. I would have cut Tillery before last season.
                  Leatherwood has played 1 season. He is on his 3rd HC, and none of the 3 can tell him what position they want him to play they only tell him he won’t be playing the position he did in college. OL is one of the most difficult transitions from college to the pros and Leatherwood has had absolutely no stability in the time he has been there. It’s fun to make fun of the Raiders but they did themselves and Leatherwood a disservice since the moment they drafted him.

The Raiders also declined the 5th year options on the 3 1st round picks from the 2019 draft class, all of whom are still on the roster. So they’ve done the same thing we did with Tillery just three times over.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Not going to cry about it but I liked bradford, I would’ve signed him over moore but altogether this turned out about as good as I could’ve imagined, we still have sarell, kemp, bandy, webb, layne, hall, covington, gaziano, and a couple other guys I wanted on the PS, plus we still have campbell, and loyd on injured reserve and they should transfer over to the PS when they’re ready…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think we should try to trade Tillery to all 32 teams. All 32.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Very surprised by Nabors, unless someone else signed him...knows the system, blocks well, reportedly good teammate....figured we would want a backup FB on the PS...wonder if he and Staley didnt part ways very well? Ugly exit interview?
                        I don’t believe it was anything dramatic, LoneB. I think Nabors just got beat out by a better player. Nabors was really a college TE/HBack trying to play full back. Other than being Herbert’s best friend he really was nothing special. And he was not an outstanding ST player like Watt starting developing in to. He was just a guy.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

That is the freaking point/problem!

The team is taking an offensive hit by bending over backwards to prefer Palmer to Guyton. Guyton did not have any of his patented very long receptions until week 12 last year, which was totally inexcusable. The refusal to use the deep game except on broken coverages last year until late in the season was just awful. Herbert's air yards per pass were in the bottom 5 in the league at one point. The issue was bad enough that it made the national sports media as a point of discussion. The same thing happened with Stafford in DET when Lombardi was OC there too, notwithstanding some guy named Calvin Johnson being on the team.

So, it looks like we are going to force feed the easily covered Palmer even more short passes this year than last year while we continue to underutilize and misuse Guyton. Our offense will be good because of Herbert, Ekeler, Allen and Williams, but it will not be as good as it could have been without a greater use of the most explosive receiver on the roster--Guyton.
                          Wow your arrogance/ignorance is amazing. So you're saying that all the coaching staff from Staley on down cannot properly evaluate which WR is better?

You're saying in down and distance situations Lombardi is wrong choosing Palmer routes over Guyton's? Dude you really need to be a coach or a GM because your takes are foolproof. I am sure your evaluations are much better than NFL caliber coaches.

I mean come really, they see every single rep in practice, every cut, every break, every drop. Palmer gets the nod and more looks because he's a better WR period. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                          X