• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Amari Cooper is going to be on the market apparently. The Cowboys want to dump his salary. They gave him a 5-year $100 mil contract in 2020; he has not lived up to that contract and is scheduled to make $20 mil in 2022. It's unlikely they would be able to trade Cooper with his current contract, so they are going to release him, I've read.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Kyzir is a fit and his play showed. He wasn't near as productive in Gus' scheme
      If he’s the best, sign him. But look behind all the doors first.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Amari Cooper is going to be on the market apparently. The Cowboys want to dump his salary. They gave him a 5-year $100 mil contract in 2020; he has not lived up to that contract and is scheduled to make $20 mil in 2022. It's unlikely they would be able to trade Cooper with his current contract, so they are going to release him, I've read.
        Too expensive...pass...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

I think ILB Kenny Young is going to be a target for them. Played with Staley and Fangio. I think he will be cheaper and just as effective as Kyzir White. Then draft Aaron Hansford in the 5th or 6th.
          I am not sure the Chargers have signed a player - yet, that has cross-over from Staley's time in Chicago, Denver or the Rams. Young might make a lot of sense as he probably will cost a bit less than White. Granted, the Broncos have the cap space to easily keep him

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Too expensive...pass...
            If Cooper is released a team can sign him to a lesser contract. I don't think any team is going to trade for Cooper and his contract, which is why I think the Cowboys will have to release him. I'm not really high on him either though. The talent is undeniable, but I don't know about the desire.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

If Cooper is released a team can sign him to a lesser contract. I don't think any team is going to trade for Cooper and his contract, which is why I think the Cowboys will have to release him. I'm not really high on him either though. The talent is undeniable, but I don't know about the desire.
              If the Chargers, for some reason didn't franchise Williams and let him test the FA market, and wanted to throw the Cowboys a Cond'l 7th round pick but have the ability to negotiate a new deal --- but thats a lot of "ifs" - might be worth it as I think, if healthy he is better than some of the other names I have seen listed as WR options - not MIke Williams.

But too many IFs

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Amari's production went down last season also...slacking? Disgruntled?

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Projected move

Panthers sign OG Brandon Scherff

Projected terms: Three years, $49.5 million | Per year: $16.5 million

Carolina needs a QB, but unless they land a blockbuster trade, they'll likely turn to the draft. Priority No. 2 is fixing a porous line, and Scherff, despite injury concerns, is still elite on the interior.

Who wants to pay $16.5 million for a guard? That’s crazy. TT scored with his OL rebuild last year for a lot cheaper.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If the Chargers, for some reason didn't franchise Williams and let him test the FA market, and wanted to throw the Cowboys a Cond'l 7th round pick but have the ability to negotiate a new deal --- but thats a lot of "ifs" - might be worth it as I think, if healthy he is better than some of the other names I have seen listed as WR options - not MIke Williams.

But too many IFs
                    Yeah, more interesting than anything, this off-season the Chargers must decide to bring MW back or find a replacement who can fill his shoes, and talent like Cooper suddenly looks like he might be available. If Cooper on a new contract is going to cost anywhere near what it will cost to retain Mike Williams, I'm going with Mike.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Amari's production went down last season also...slacking? Disgruntled?
                      Yeah, there's something about him that makes me wary, I don't know that his issue is, he might be a diva.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Yeah, there's something about him that makes me wary, I don't know that his issue is, he might be a diva.
                        Top WRs are a luxury item. They have to produce.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

No thanks. That's 2 places he hasn't lived up to the billing. I assume that's why you are mentioning it.

Comment

Working...
                          X