Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Booker won't be a FA until after this upcoming season:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york...-booker-19090/
    Booker was released by the Giants on Tuesday along with Kyle Rudolph to save cap space for the Giants

Rumors are that both Barkley and James Bradberry could be acquired via trade. Barkley was mentioned earlier - Giants hoping for a 4th
    Bradberry - will be 29 - set to make $13m on his current contract - Giants are hoping for a 3rd.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Cowboys TE Blake Jarwin has had hip surgery and is going to require months of rehab time, putting a question mark on his availability for next season. I presume that means re-signing Dalton Schultz will be a priority for Jerry Jones. Schultz was a name we bandied about on this thread as a possible FA signing for the Chargers to replace Jared Cook. I guess that seems less likely now.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

too old..... RB's need to be the youngest group on team..... last year's draft was loaded with talented RB's but Chargers passed on all of them...... and settled for a guy who cant play in NFL.... this years draft has many really good runners, chargers need to grab 2 of them, at least one of those needs too be a big, durable all round starting quality RB...... Ekler is best used as a change of pace back, not an every down pound him into a hospital kind of back......
        Definitely think we should have drafted Rhamondre Stevenson last year( who went 2 picks behind Rumph)and I hope they grab a back in this year's draft.
        1 year of Booker( or any veteran like Conner or Penny) would be a HUGE boost to the running game in that it keeps Ek fresher AND gives us a legitimate NFL back( as opposed to disposable backs like Kelley and Rountree)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Definitely think we should have drafted Rhamondre Stevenson last year( who went 2 picks behind Rumph)and I hope they grab a back in this year's draft.
          1 year of Booker( or any veteran like Conner or Penny) would be a HUGE boost to the running game in that it keeps Ek fresher AND gives us a legitimate NFL back( as opposed to disposable backs like Kelley and Rountree)
          Kelley and Rountree are not the answer

Popper mentions Edmonds - so maybe he is hearing things in the building

I thin about the four big free agents and forget the Chargers do have Kenneth Murray
          I get the product hasn't been good but if he is playing more his old role - he possibly could replace Kyzir White

I just am not sure the Chargers can bring back all four (White, Nwosu, Williams and Jones) and still make the moves in free agency they need at CB, IDL and maybe TE or RB or another IDL. So if they think Murray can do the job - Kyzir might be odd man out. As IDL< Edge and CB take priority, I think in a Staley defense.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

How about Ruckert or Likely in the 4th, if available?
            Absolutely, but I think they both go in the 3rd or early 4th before our pick. More TEs impressing today that could be had in the 4th or 5th.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Kelley and Rountree are not the answer

Popper mentions Edmonds - so maybe he is hearing things in the building

I thin about the four big free agents and forget the Chargers do have Kenneth Murray
              I get the product hasn't been good but if he is playing more his old role - he possibly could replace Kyzir White

I just am not sure the Chargers can bring back all four (White, Nwosu, Williams and Jones) and still make the moves in free agency they need at CB, IDL and maybe TE or RB or another IDL. So if they think Murray can do the job - Kyzir might be odd man out. As IDL< Edge and CB take priority, I think in a Staley defense.
              ^ This...let's see if the Bolts are smart enough to cut both of these jags, and upgrade...

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Never a fan of the Rountree pick.
                the search continues
                2024: Far From Over

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Never a fan of the Rountree pick.
                  the search continues
                  I was. But yeah, still searching..

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Just like I’m bangin the table for RT Abe Lucas in the 2nd, I am bangin the table for RB Kennedy Brooks in the 4th, and breaking the table in the 5th if he’s still there. Just like Rhamondre Stevenson, Brooks averaged 7 YPC in his college career. Brooks might even go in the 3rd if Stevenson went in the 4th last year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

There's plenty of talk out there
                      about the lack of talk
                      about the linebacker group.

Is Kyzir coming back ?
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Hai-ku clan lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kauai
                          • Send PM

Id just assume Telesco stop trying to get the value RB in the draft. He sucks. So lets buy one. Melvin Gordon for 3M a year. I kid.

But maybe a guy like Booker who was just release by the Giants. Pretty solid last couple years. Patterson would be fun as he also plays WR and returner.

Comment

Working...
                          X