• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I didn’t realize that another team’s exec knows what we’re going to do.
    I take it that that is what most execs from other teams are expecting (every team evaluates the others to gage intentions)

Teams are not expecting to have to compete with the Chargers for other teams elite or mid level free agents.
    Last edited by powderblueboy; 02-25-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I take it that is what most execs from other teams are expecting.....that is what that means.

Teams are not expecting to have to compete with the Chargers for other teams elite or mid level free agents.
      Yeah that’s a silly assumption on their part.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

MW is currently 6th on this list. I am surprised by so many past 30 year old FAs on there.

6. Mike Williams, WR, Los Angeles Chargers (27)

The seventh overall pick in 2017, Williams battled injuries in his first two seasons but has come on strong. His 1,146 yards in 2021 were a career high and ranked 11th among all wide receivers. Williams is a big-play threat who has averaged 16.1 yards per reception in his career. His 17 receptions of 20-plus yards last year tied for ninth among wide receivers. Kenny Golladay could be a good comp for Williams. He received a four-year deal worth $18 million per year from the New York Giants last offseason. The franchise tag could be in play with Williams.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

MW is currently 6th on this list. I am surprised by so many past 30 year old FAs on there.

https://theathletic.com/3133321/2022...p-150-players/
          Thats what made Poppers list so much better. He really focused on that aspect of free agent signings.

Also he didn't have GEsicki or Njoku -- which many have listed as going to the Chargers (makes zero sense to me)

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats what made Poppers list so much better. He really focused on that aspect of free agent signings.

Also he didn't have GEsicki or Njoku -- which many have listed as going to the Chargers (makes zero sense to me)
            What makes zero sense? Popper’s exclusion or posters belief about Gesicki and Njoku?

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Agree, i dont want either of those guys at TE. One isnt a in line TE the other just isnt that good.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

What makes zero sense? Popper’s exclusion or posters belief about Gesicki and Njoku?
                Analysts and others who have TE as a priority to the Chargers

I am leery of Njoku too --physically, no doubt, he is there. But he hasn't been consistent. Thats why for TE - if Telesco goes that route - I like Ertz. Consistent and productive.

One other thing about Poppers list - he is a beat writer. They hear things with their contacts. That doesn't mean he shares the gossip - thats not his job. But when he puts down a list like he did last week that was heavy on IDL --my guess he is hearing things in the building about priorities

I just went back through his list: 31 names and 15 were DL and 2 were Edge

Maybe its smoke but I think like last year with OL - -Telesco is going to sign DL in free agency as his priority.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Bolt Beat
                  @BB_Chargers

Another NFL exec told @MattLombardoNFL that the Chargers likely won't be aggressive in free agency this offseason.
                  Time will tell, but I hope that's wrong. However, there was that new facility that has to be paid for. There are family members that want their share of the pie.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Time will tell, but I hope that's wrong. However, there was that new facility that has to be paid for. There are family members that want their share of the pie.
                    Those are unrelated to the salary cap.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Gil Brandt, who I have a lot of respect for, suggests the Chargers should target Dallas TE Dalton Schultz to replace Cook. He is young and Brandt says he is more complete TE who can do some in line blocking. I don't watch much Cowboys so know zero about him. But he is big, pretty decent speed, and his stats show few pass drops or fumbles and indicate an ascending player.

Any of you familiar with him? Sounds like a better option than Giesicki or Njoku if the Bolts want a more Hunter Henry type TE.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I had mentioned earlier I was surprised no one was talking about him as an option. He is a steady Eddy. Good hands and should not break the bank. If McCitty isn't ready I will like the move even more.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          Gil Brandt, who I have a lot of respect for, suggests the Chargers should target Dallas TE Dalton Schultz to replace Cook. He is young and Brandt says he is more complete TE who can do some in line blocking. I don't watch much Cowboys so know zero about him. But he is big, pretty decent speed, and his stats show few pass drops or fumbles and indicate an ascending player.

Any of you familiar with him? Sounds like a better option than Giesicki or Njoku if the Bolts want a more Hunter Henry type TE.

TG
                          24. Dalton Schultz, TE, Dallas Cowboys (26)

He ranks seventh among all tight ends with 1,423 receiving yards over the past two seasons, and his 12 touchdowns are tied for sixth-most. Schultz is young and has not missed a game during the past three seasons. Schultz lined up as an in-line tight end on roughly 59% of his offensive snaps last season and can get it done as a blocker. Austin Hooper signed for $10.5 million two years ago. Henry and Smith got $12.5 million last offseason. That could be the salary range for Schultz.

Comment

Working...
                          X