Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post
    Keep this pic handy - chances are you're going to need it again (a lot) for others.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Keep this pic handy - chances are you're going to need it again (a lot) for others.
      Yep...around October, 2023...use it with the upcoming thread: "NOW is it Time to Fire Staley?"

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...around October, 2023...use it with the upcoming thread: "NOW is it Time to Fire Staley?"
        You really think it will take until October for your first “Should Staley be fired?” Poll?

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

No comment .

I promised Fleet I wouldn't dump on 2023 (yet anyway). At this point I'm just trying to generate some kind of enthusiasm for the draft process, and enjoying watching some GOOD football.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

You really think it will take until October for your first “Should Staley be fired?” Poll?
              I'm really hoping the Bolts get wise and hire a real OC who dials up creative routes, a variety of short, mid-range and long routes; designed roll-outs for Herbie to lessen the hits on him; and an OC who is actually able to make real-time, in-game adjustments to counter what opposing D's do...after the first 3-4 games, we should have a rough idea if they strike OC gold, or if the new guy is just another half-baked Lombo...in that case, I may roll out the poll...reluctantly, of course...

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I'm really hoping the Bolts get wise and hire a real OC who dials up creative routes, a variety of short, mid-range and long routes; designed roll-outs for Herbie to lessen the hits on him; and an OC who is actually able to make real-time, in-game adjustments to counter what opposing D's do...after the first 3-4 games, we should have a rough idea if they strike OC gold, or if the new guy is just another half-baked Lombo...in that case, I may roll out the poll...reluctantly, of course...
                The reports are we are looking at the McVay/Shanahan tree so it will definitely not be the Lombardi O if that ends up being the case.

Comment

• Duck of Death
                  Social Piranha
                  • May 2022
                  • Flyover, USA
                  • Send PM

It seems a bit tricky to accurately evaluate Telesco’s performance under this particular organization. His 10 year record certainly suggests he is a middle of the pack GM. Hard to argue with that. But perhaps that is perfectly acceptable to ownership. But there are so many other questions for which we probably can’t get clear answers, like:

How much Spanos meddling does TT actually have to put up with?
                  Does he truly have final say on acquisitions?
                  How much does he acquiesce to the requests of his coaches? (Realizing full well that he hired those coaches)
                  If there’s any truth to the “lack of resources” rumors, wouldn’t it stand to reason that a Chargers GM might have less to work with as well?
                  Is there enough money for a strong, competent supporting staff of talent scouts?
                  Do they have the resources to deeply and thoroughly vet prospects or FAs? (Some teams supposedly hire private investigators)
                  Do they have enough competent trainers, doctors, equipment? (Heck, could this explain all the injuries?)
                  Are there adequate dietary services for players?
                  Has Telesco ever had to take a shift driving the team bus, or taping up a plane propeller? :-)

I do find it troubling that he feels the injury situation is “overblown” - but then again, what else is he supposed to say I guess.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Trump Tar and Feather.jpg

Was a thing during my great great grandfather's time. Today, we are civilized and we await the NFL arbitration decision on Dea Spanos' suit and brace ourselves for a few more years of buffoonery before the team sale in 2025 delivers us from Spanos.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

I call it SOSAD...Same Ole Shit Another Day. SOSAD should be an acronym for the way this team is run and managed.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
                        It seems a bit tricky to accurately evaluate Telesco’s performance under this particular organization. His 10 year record certainly suggests he is a middle of the pack GM. Hard to argue with that. But perhaps that is perfectly acceptable to ownership. But there are so many other questions for which we probably can’t get clear answers, like:

How much Spanos meddling does TT actually have to put up with?
                        Does he truly have final say on acquisitions?
                        How much does he acquiesce to the requests of his coaches? (Realizing full well that he hired those coaches)
                        If there’s any truth to the “lack of resources” rumors, wouldn’t it stand to reason that a Chargers GM might have less to work with as well?
                        Is there enough money for a strong, competent supporting staff of talent scouts?
                        Do they have the resources to deeply and thoroughly vet prospects or FAs? (Some teams supposedly hire private investigators)
                        Do they have enough competent trainers, doctors, equipment? (Heck, could this explain all the injuries?)
                        Are there adequate dietary services for players?
                        Has Telesco ever had to take a shift driving the team bus, or taping up a plane propeller? :-)

I do find it troubling that he feels the injury situation is “overblown” - but then again, what else is he supposed to say I guess.
                        When he said it is overblown he's talking about the number of injured players as compared to the other teams. In that sense, we were middle of the road.

The reason our injury problem was worse than most is that it was our pro-bowl caliber of players that kept getting injured. Teams just don't have pro-bowl players as backups, ready to step in when the starters go down.

For the most part, our backups did a decent job when they got to play, but they didn't play at the same level as the starter does.

As I view it, I think the only position that got no help when the starters were out is WR. Our backups at WR didn't contribute. We need to fill in the WR position this off-season.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          BetterToday ThanYesterday
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          When he said it is overblown he's talking about the number of injured players as compared to the other teams. In that sense, we were middle of the road.

The reason our injury problem was worse than most is that it was our pro-bowl caliber of players that kept getting injured. Teams just don't have pro-bowl players as backups, ready to step in when the starters go down.

For the most part, our backups did a decent job when they got to play, but they didn't play at the same level as the starter does.

As I view it, I think the only position that got no help when the starters were out is WR. Our backups at WR didn't contribute. We need to fill in the WR position this off-season.
                          Right on, Roo. But we did lose Keenan, Williams and Guyton for a lot of the season. Most teams cannot withstand losing the top three. Palmer had a career year and Carter way out performed. But Wrs 6-7-8-9 were all washouts. Don't know can be too critical of that?

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X