Tom Telesco Discussion - Retained for 2023 Season.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

IF TT is not responsible for bad picks, then he’s responsible for letting lesser employees make bad picks. He’s also responsible those employees exist in his organization. Whats the difference? He’s the GM, he owns every roster and every front office for the last 10 years. He’s not bad, he’s just proven to be average
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
      IF TT is not responsible for bad picks, then he’s responsible for letting lesser employees make bad picks. He’s also responsible those employees exist in his organization. Whats the difference? He’s the GM, he owns every roster and every front office for the last 10 years. He’s not bad, he’s just proven to be average
      John Spanos is not a lesser employee. He is the boss and he is in charge of all football decisions, including personnel. Getting another yes man with the GM title won't change a thing. What we need is a strong HC that will make the coaching and football personnel decisions. Spanos can take care of the business end of things. Of course that will never happen. Pray that we luck out just like we did when we drafted Herbert. We are a blind squirrel, who eventually with a little luck will find a nut.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by lightsout42 View Post

My sense is that TT put together a good team this season—probably his best ever. But it lacked depth in a few places, some of which is due to the salary cap (in hindsight, they should have not signed JC Jackson and used that space for Edge, to name one example) and some probably due to overconfidence at a few positions.
        TT put the roster of the team this season? Nah. The moves were at the behest of Staley. When Telesco makes moves he gets washed up players who are past their prime or players who belong on a practice squad.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

WTF kind of response is this? Don't like the message, so you belittle on the source? Isn't that the very definition of 'got nothing,' dude? Over.
          LOL that was funny. Thanks man.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Our pathway to the playoffs will surely involve a few more fourth quarter defensive stops.
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree about the DT situation but even more so - the WR situation during the bye when Allen, Williams and Palmer all had various issues from a health perspective. Against the Niners, Herbert didn't have a chance with that receiver group.
              You are one of the few to get it. If we were not decimated on offense (anyone who says the injuries are mot an excuse is either a liar of knows nothing about football, or both). If the offense had not had the horrific injuries we put up more points, stay on the field longer, letting the defense rest and forcing the other team to pass more. That is the program. Any team you take the top 2 wideouts, the starting LT and make the starting RT gimpy along with injuring the QB you will not get the production we got and you will have a much worse record than we had.

If this team was healthy then we have only 2 losses right now and are sitting in the #1 or 2 seed. Its not just the amount of injuries but to whom the injuries happened to.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

You are one of the few to get it. If we were not decimated on offense (anyone who says the injuries are mot an excuse is either a liar of knows nothing about football, or both). If the offense had not had the horrific injuries we put up more points, stay on the field longer, letting the defense rest and forcing the other team to pass more. That is the program. Any team you take the top 2 wideouts, the starting LT and make the starting RT gimpy along with injuring the QB you will not get the production we got and you will have a much worse record than we had.

If this team was healthy then we have only 2 losses right now and are sitting in the #1 or 2 seed. Its not just the amount of injuries but to whom the injuries happened to.
                And yet, Telesco and the Spanii did nothing to try to fix the WR room during the bye week.

that is what is so frustrating. You see hte chiefs signing Brandon Williams and even Gordon. The Chargers sign some guy named HIghtower, never players. Why is he still on the PS. Tuscka (sp) - has he made a tackle yet. Any tackle.

Telesco needs to go

And I get John Boy will still be in the building but Telesco is milque toast terrible

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

And yet, Telesco and the Spanii did nothing to try to fix the WR room during the bye week.

that is what is so frustrating. You see hte chiefs signing Brandon Williams and even Gordon. The Chargers sign some guy named HIghtower, never players. Why is he still on the PS. Tuscka (sp) - has he made a tackle yet. Any tackle.

Telesco needs to go

And I get John Boy will still be in the building but Telesco is milque toast terrible
                  Agree I have had my fill of TT, I have also had my fill of Lombo. Multiple things can be true at the same time though. These guys that have worn out their welcome have done so independant of all the injuries. They would have helped mask the deficiencies on offense and defense, but the issues still remain.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Agree I have had my fill of TT, I have also had my fill of Lombo. Multiple things can be true at the same time though. These guys that have worn out their welcome have done so independant of all the injuries. They would have helped mask the deficiencies on offense and defense, but the issues still remain.
                    Thats fair -Lombo isn't good doesn't mean its an either or. Both should go if you ask me

I just want a solid NFL Professional head football coach. Marty may not have won in the playoffs but he got the team prepared to play, they had an identity. And he did make the playoffs

Arians with AZ and Tampa - pretty good success. Teams got better with him coaching

Jim Caldwell - did a good job in Indy and a fine job in Detroit

I know everybody wants the Harbaugh or Tomlin young hire that sticks around. I am tired of that - I want a professional who knows his head from his a**

Thats either Payton or John Harbaugh - maybe Frank Reich
                    I am done with first time head coaches

Comment

• SK21209
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2020
                      • San Diego
                      • Send PM

Sean Payton HC and Dennis Allen DC (if he's fired by the Saints, which seems somewhat likely) please. I'm skeptical of letting HCs have complete control over personnel but if Payton demands it fuck it I guess. I don't know enough about other front offices around the league to suggest a GM candidate, but if we had Payton it would probably be someone he previously worked with. I just hope trading for Payton wouldn't be too pricey, not sure what the chances are we could get him for less than a first round pick.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Thats fair -Lombo isn't good doesn't mean its an either or. Both should go if you ask me

I just want a solid NFL Professional head football coach. Marty may not have won in the playoffs but he got the team prepared to play, they had an identity. And he did make the playoffs

Arians with AZ and Tampa - pretty good success. Teams got better with him coaching

Jim Caldwell - did a good job in Indy and a fine job in Detroit

I know everybody wants the Harbaugh or Tomlin young hire that sticks around. I am tired of that - I want a professional who knows his head from his a**

Thats either Payton or John Harbaugh - maybe Frank Reich
                        I am done with first time head coaches
                        Not so sure about Reich...I wasn't too impressed with his playcalling when he was our OC either...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not so sure about Reich...I wasn't too impressed with his playcalling when he was our OC either...
                          thatrs fair -- he had his moment in Indy too

but if its between Frank Reich and Mike Kakfa or Jonathan Gannon or Shane Steichen - I know who I would pick.... SEAN PAYTON!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X