Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    How aggressive can playcalling be if you expect everything to be off of 3 step drops?
    I wasn't calling for more aggressive playcalling.

By the way - 2.5 second releases - not necessarily 3-step drops. The goal is to reduce the number of hits Rivers takes.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
      I'm fine with conservative playcalling. We don't have the offensive line yet to try anything dangerous.
      Been saying that for 7 years now.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Why did we wait until late in the 4th to run our first screen against an aggressive front?
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Been saying that for 7 years now.
          You convinced me.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Why did we wait until late in the 4th to run our first screen against an aggressive front?
            Also, I could be wrong but it didn't seem like there were a lot of the short crossing routes being run this week.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I've seen enough at 1-1. Fire them all. They're some college coach or retread that's bound to do better. I mean, it's so simple what needs to be corrected, why can't they see this?

Head coaches are ALL Norv, or they're ALL Lombardi, or they ALL cheat. Nobody gets better, nobody adjusts -- they are who they are when hired -- with no capacity for the adaptation for injuries or players getting old or players getting better or signing somewhere else. It's so simple, and I have no patience.

The Chargers deserve a HC AND GM AND OWNERS that want to win right now. Just gotta go find them. Rivers time is running out. And these guys just don't have the tools between the ears to do it. It's all very simple, the issues... and the solution is just as simple. I mean, really....
              Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Is that what happened? I didn't get to see much of the game.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Marshall/Boogie View Post
                  I've seen enough at 1-1. Fire them all. They're some college coach or retread that's bound to do better. I mean, it's so simple what needs to be corrected, why can't they see this?

Head coaches are ALL Norv, or they're ALL Lombardi, or they ALL cheat. Nobody gets better, nobody adjusts -- they are who they are when hired -- with no capacity for the adaptation for injuries or players getting old or players getting better or signing somewhere else. It's so simple, and I have no patience.

The Chargers deserve a HC AND GM AND OWNERS that want to win right now. Just gotta go find them. Rivers time is running out. And these guys just don't have the tools between the ears to do it. It's all very simple, the issues... and the solution is just as simple. I mean, really....
                  I'm not ready to fire them all.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                    Also, I could be wrong but it didn't seem like there were a lot of the short crossing routes being run this week.
                    What plays were called the most?
                    Was Rivers getting rid of the ball quickly as often as he did last week?

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                      What plays were called the most?
                      Was Rivers getting rid of the ball quickly as often as he did last week?
                      It's hard to tell when you're watching the game on TV because of the camera position/angles but you can see the routes clearly on some replays when they show it from a wide angle or from the end zone. I only remember Rivers completing a few crossing routes though.

I was up really late working so I was running on fumes in half zombie mode watching the game so I could be totally off base.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I find it hard watching Reichs offence in the way I used to find watching Stan Humpfies his last two years with no oline in front of him...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X