Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
    My initial reaction was the same (I was hoping for the guard Warmack, his teammate but Tennessee snagged him before us), but I too was quickly won over by his attitude. Wasn't he injured last year?
    Yes. Fluker is oft playing injured, but, until now, he hasn't missed many games. He wasn't one of the ones I was counting on losing to injury.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Get well soon, DJ!

Also, Barksdale was back on the field for the kneeldowns at the end of the game. Evidently must have just been cramping.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Fluker back in a few weeks!

The Chargers appear to have their man to replace D.J. Fluker.

They may not need him to that long.

Chris Hairston spent the brunt of practice Wednesday working at first-team right guard. He seems poised to start there Sunday against the Bengals in place of Fluker, who was carted off with an ankle injury during a Sunday win over the Lions. There was thought Fluker might miss four to six weeks, although the team did not release an official timetable. Fluker is expected to miss only a couple, a source said Wednesday.

Initial fear was Fluker could miss the remainder of the season with a fracture.

X-rays at Qualcomm Stadium quickly dispelled that concern, revealing the ankle was not broken. The more evaluations that followed, the more encouraging his prognosis became.

The current outlook is obviously a positive development for the Chargers offensive line.

It also means little in advance to a game for which Fluker will be inactive. This week is about readying a replacement.

Hairston is preparing for the role. Sunday would mark the 16th start in his NFL career and first at guard. He made 10 starts at left tackle and five at right tackle between the 2011 and 2012 seasons with the Bills. One commonality connects then and now: Chargers offensive line coach Joe D'Alessandris and assistant Andrew Dees were his position coaches in Buffalo.

Fluker left Sunday's game in the third quarter.

Hairston, 26, stepped in and played 23 of the final 25 snaps at guard.

"It's just like getting ready at left tackle, right tackle or any spot on the roster," Hairston said Wednesday. "It just so happens right guard is the spot they need me at this time. ... Get as many reps as you can (before Sunday). Get as much film as you can. Know your opponent. Know your game plan. It takes away a lot of the hesitation, getting the reps at it."

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fluker is either dead or dancing with the Rockettes this weekend. Could be somewhere in between given McCoy.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Even if he has a high ankle sprain he should be able to come back quicker than a skill position player who relies on quick cuts, etc.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
              Fluker is either dead or dancing with the Rockettes this weekend. Could be somewhere in between given McCoy.
              If Jean Pierre-Paul was a Charger then McCoy would probably say he had a hangnail.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He has a roller derby match this Sunday....
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Phew.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
                  X