• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The league office wouldn't allow a tie anyway. They have the ability to enforce forfeits on teams that perform that kind of misconduct. I can't imagine any NFL teams conspiring to do such a thing anyway. These are highly competitive people, and there is too much rivalry between the Chargers and Raiders.
    agree... and in huge rivalries, "a tie is like kissing your sister"..... would make most competitive people sick..... no one wants a tie..... lol

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

This is just like the 2013 season. We needed the Ravens and Dolphins to lose just like back then, and a win in the final week against a division rival. We had the same NFC East schedule, Cowboys and Giants at home, Eagles and Washington on the road. The team 2013 team and 2021 team are close record wise.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree... and in huge rivalries, "a tie is like kissing your sister"..... would make most competitive people sick..... no one wants a tie..... lol
        I would be okay with a tie as the Chargers make the playoffs

I just don't want each team to play for a tie and if the Colts win - that point will be moot.

And here is the thing, if the Colts do win and the situation is such that the Chargers are in a position where they can tie the game... they should have that strategy thought out just in case

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The league office wouldn't allow a tie anyway. They have the ability to enforce forfeits on teams that perform that kind of misconduct. I can't imagine any NFL teams conspiring to do such a thing anyway. These are highly competitive people, and there is too much rivalry between the Chargers and Raiders.
          Conspiracies between > 100 people are never kept secret. NFL could suspend or ban individuals once they started identifying culprits and scheme participants. My 2c, who knows. Which of our TPB fellows believes every game is already fixed? Can’t recall …
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just don't want each team to play for a tie and if the Colts win - that point will be moot.

And here is the thing, if the Colts do win and the situation is such that the Chargers are in a position where they can tie the game... they should have that strategy thought out just in case
            I think what most people are missing is that the Chargers have gotten stronger throughout the past few weeks with getting our starters back while the raiders have lost a lot of talent due to weird circumstances. We don't have to contend with Ruggs or some of their high quality defensive backs. In a shootout and our players come to play we win!

:coffee:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Better living through chemicals........

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

If somehow we allow the friggin 'turds to Punk us out of the playoffs this year then the Telesco hate will be dialed way f##kin up.Way up.
                So you mean all of the piss, vinegar and vitriol we have been reading by the truckload is just a precursor to what we might get???? Oh joy.............

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

So you mean all of the piss, vinegar and vitriol we have been reading by the truckload is just a precursor to what we might get???? Oh joy.............
                  If the Chargers lose
                  9 years
                  2 playoffs
                  zero divisions

The Steelers in 15 years of Tomlin/Big Ben have played, two, TWO, meaningless games. Zero years finishing under .500. I get the Spanii are terrible owners but maybe just maybe, Tom Telesco is also not as good at his job as others

That being said, finishing 9-8, there is ZERO chance the Spanii fire him. Well maybe not zero but its like 0.000001% and you know, he is not even talked about being on the hot seat. Mike Zimmer, 8 years, two playoffs, is on the hot seat. Spielman in MN might be on the hot seat. Telesco is sitting on the underside of the pillow as his a** is nice and cool these days

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                    • Sep 2018
                    • JoJa
                    • Send PM

Aaaaannnddddd........right on queue........

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

C'mon man. Real Charger fans want to kick the raiders rear, not tie! It's the raiders - Whip them by a bunch! 56-0 would be nice.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

C'mon man. Real Charger fans want to kick the raiders rear, not tie! It's the raiders - Whip them by a bunch! 56-0 would be nice.
                        I never said that -- I am just saying that if the Chargers do end up tying -- thats not the worst outcome

That being said, I quote when Marty said on that Monday Night when Rivers had his first start "MFing aren't scoring tonight" - or something like that

I want this game to be like when the Chargers beat Jay Cutler and the Broncos that one Monday night - I want a 50 burger!

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Another DUI for a Raiders player? After what happened with Ruggs? About the only thing that the Raiders haven’t had happen this year is a Covid outbreak.

Comment

Working...
                          X