Chargers @ Texans Pregame Discussion (wk 16)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Probably not, if he’s starting. $30 is probably the basement - but what do i know?
    Browns are better with Mayfield at QB than other QBs. But Mayfield is also not a top tier QB. He should understand his value. He should try for the most he can but understand, he may not get the 4/120 type deal.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      JH3 and Me
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have seen nothing in the game of Easton Stick that shows the Chargers would be good to go on Sunday with him as backup. Even against the Texans. With Daniels, I would feel a bit better as I think he can make more throws and experience.

But just keep JH10 locked up - and ready for Sunday at 1PM ET!
      I was pleasantly shocked to see Stick play this last PS. Completely different QB than we have ever seen in prior PS exhibitions. That said, he’s not Herbie as there is no other Herbie. I think I actually feel better with Stick than Chase as Stick can run. Texans would be a good JV game to get a peak if worst comes to worst.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        I was pleasantly shocked to see Stick play this last PS. Completely different QB than we have ever seen in prior PS exhibitions. That said, he’s not Herbie as there is no other Herbie. I think I actually feel better with Stick than Chase as Stick can run. Texans would be a good JV game to get a peak if worst comes to worst.
        I will say this - if Stick gets some time in the 4th quarter because of a Chargers lead, that would be awesome

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

I have seen nothing in the game of Easton Stick that shows the Chargers would be good to go on Sunday with him as backup. Even against the Texans. With Daniels, I would feel a bit better as I think he can make more throws and experience.

I dunno - either of them would be a massive drop. Daniels does have experience, but that is literally it. He is a career backup for a reason. At least with Stick there is hope and we really haven't seen him in this offense aside from the preseason.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Granted, Stick is #3 QB for a reason. All things considered, he's had a few years to learn the playbook and practice...so that's better than signing someone off the street...

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

I will say this - if Stick gets some time in the 4th quarter because of a Chargers lead, that would be awesome
              Agree. If we're ahead by 3 TD's or so, wouldn't mind Stick playing the last few series in garbage time...to reduce Herbert's exposure to injury...

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

With Stick, I thought the Chargers would try to figure out a way to get him in some special plays, like they use Taysom Hill in New Orleans when he was backing up Brees. But I don't see that now. I just want him to be an economical backup, and keep Herbert on the field.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Granted, Stick is #3 QB for a reason. All things considered, he's had a few years to learn the playbook and practice...so that's better than signing someone off the street...
                  Just such a drop off from QB1 to QB2 to QB3. Mullens did pretty well for Cleveland, Garrett for the WFT - but still - such a huge drop off when the real games are played against the Startsrs or second stringers. When in preseason, they might be playing practice squad players or players released.

But like Bolt-O just posted - I thought STick was drafted to create plays here and there like Taysom Hill. Never has materialized obviously.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

35 year old vet QB in Chase Daniels. So far this season, no other QB has had to take the controls. Can we just leave it at that?

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                      35 year old vet QB in Chase Daniels. So far this season, no other QB has had to take the controls. Can we just leave it at that?
                      Like Justin Herbert, he has a last name that is a common first name... it's Daniel. (heh)

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Any injury or Covid updates? I have had guests for 5 days and am way out of the loop............GASP.....GASP........CHOKE........ .

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          Any injury or Covid updates? I have had guests for 5 days and am way out of the loop............GASP.....GASP........CHOKE........ .
                          Slater will be back, but Chase Daniel and Joe Gaziano were added to COVID reserve. Bosa, Linsley, Roberts probably out as well for Houston. No word on injuries, hoping that James can rest his hammie. Concussion guys... who knows (Samuel, Parham)

Comment

Working...
                          X