• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I believe that no AFC team will clinch the #1 seed until week 18. The weird situation if most of the teams end up 11-6 and the Chargers get the #1 seed is still in play. Obviously, Chargers need to win out, but need a loss by NE to Buffalo, and a couple of losses by the Chiefs (Steelers, @Bengals, @ Denver)
    That’s just crazy talk…or is it? All those losses are as believable as us losing James and tanking to the Chiefs. Crazy season.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      Stack Au Ag Pb
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

That’s just crazy talk…or is it? All those losses are as believable as us losing James and tanking to the Chiefs. Crazy season.
      Not to mention all the COVID crazy.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

10-7 does not guarantee a playoff spot, unfortunately.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

At least we know the Lions could never beat the Cards. Oh, wait, maybe it is possible!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Critty View Post

Yards and catches are similar.
            I do find Hunter 9TDs and 70 catch percentage to be quite a bit better production than Cooks 4TDs and 57.7 catch percentage. But thats just me.

You can be happy with unknown comp picks and cap savings. I think Henry would have made the team better this year and help win more games than Cook. Again, thats just me. And I could easily be very wrong about this.

:shrug:
            I think this year is arguable for you if you just look at the salary comparison. I agree that Henry is a little better than Cook this year, so you could easily argue that we had an extra $2.323M in cap space this year and we could have had a better player in Henry.

However, the problem is that Henry has a 3 year $37.5M contract with $25M guaranteed. His dead cap next year is $19M and his cap hit next year is $15M.

All of that is to say that the Patsies do not get Henry for $6.823M this year without biting off on the large commitment for at least next year. There is no way that Henry is worth a $15M cap hit next year.

And the comp picks that we are going to gain by not re-signing several of our players should help us get some potentially useful special teams guys at a minimum, so they do have some value even if Over the Cap is projecting only a 5th and three 7th round picks for us. I like the idea of having the extra picks.

Comment

• SDBORN
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

So Teddy Bridgewater had to go to the hospital ?

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

So far the Saint's defense is playing great.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think this year is arguable for you if you just look at the salary comparison. I agree that Henry is a little better than Cook this year, so you could easily argue that we had an extra $2.323M in cap space this year and we could have had a better player in Henry.

However, the problem is that Henry has a 3 year $37.5M contract with $25M guaranteed. His dead cap next year is $19M and his cap hit next year is $15M.

All of that is to say that the Patsies do not get Henry for $6.823M this year without biting off on the large commitment for at least next year. There is no way that Henry is worth a $15M cap hit next year.

And the comp picks that we are going to gain by not re-signing several of our players should help us get some potentially useful special teams guys at a minimum, so they do have some value even if Over the Cap is projecting only a 5th and three 7th round picks for us. I like the idea of having the extra picks.
                  You trust TT to turn those comps into answers?!
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Taysom Hill can't hit the broad side of a barn. How much did they pay that guy?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Bucs have lost Evans,Godwin and now Fournette for the rest of the game.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        2 FGs and we are #1
                        I think it's one FG and #2 seed
                        NA would have been #1

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

#1 scoring team in the league will get the goose egg tonight.

Comment

Working...
                          X