• Savage Lizard
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Big Bear
    • Self-employed property manager.
    • Send PM

Compare and Contrast

Peyton Manning in an interview with Peter King:

"I can't feel anything in my fingertips" Manning said Thursday. "It's crazy. I've talked to a doctor recently who said said 'don't count on the feeling coming back.' it was hard for me for about two years, because one doctor told me I could wake up any morning and it might come back. So you wake up every day thinking 'today's the day!' Then it's not."

When I heard that quote I thought "great, now he has a built in excuse. And if he does well they will such his dick even harder."

Then a little while ago I clicked on a completely unrelated Philip Rivers interview with Darren Smith. Smith asked him about his propensity to be secretive about his injuries, and Philip replied:

"I don't see you gaining any benefit, all I see is it being somewhat self-serving to try and tell everybody how hurt you are or what you're dealing with. It's either you want an excuse for not playing good, or you want to show them how tough you are. I just don't see the point in it."

"To me, if you trot out there and play, then the expectations for how you play should be the same if you're dealing with a lot of things or if you're dealing with nothing."

"I think it's more or less, from my standpoint, 'why do you have to let everybody know, like poor you.' That's kind of my approach."
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Love PR.

Comment

Working...
    X