• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    How much do you value pass protection in your RBs? The team has said Brown was our best by far last year. Woodhead is OK, but we need him moving the chains on 3rd down not blocking.
    Heard them talking about this on the radio a few weeks ago and I believe the number they threw out was he was in on 61 pass plays last year where he stayed in to block and did not allow a sack or a QB hit on Rivers.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
      How much do you value pass protection in your RBs? The team has said Brown was our best by far last year. Woodhead is OK, but we need him moving the chains on 3rd down not blocking.
      I'd value that at about 4 million a year. About $80,000 per play for 50 plays.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltaction
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Cut Brown and put Smith on the PS. Keep Herndon on the team. He can actually contribute at rb, while playing WR. And BTW Herndon can also return punts and kick offs. Way more value in keeping Herndon on the roster than Brown.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Heard them talking about this on the radio a few weeks ago and I believe the number they threw out was he was in on 61 pass plays last year where he stayed in to block and did not allow a sack or a QB hit on Rivers.

That's a great stat. That's huge. Then Boltaction brings up the missed block on the punt that nearly got Scifres killed. LOL That play certainly sucked big balls but it seems overall Brown is an excellent blocker for Rivers. We can't let that go when we face a great pass-rushing team like the Chiefs. How good of a pass-blocker is Dreamius Smith?
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltaction View Post
            Cut Brown and put Smith on the PS. Keep Herndon on the team. He can actually contribute at rb, while playing WR. And BTW Herndon can also return punts and kick offs. Way more value in keeping Herndon on the roster than Brown.
            Herndon had a nice run on a reverse and now he can be a RB for us? :mcnugget: He had wide open space lol

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Solution to the Donald Brown issue trade him to the Cleveland Browns for a 7th round pick they need a Veteran back, they are not happy with 2nd year backs Crowell, Terrance West, and Duke Johnson is a rookie who is injured.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                Solution to the Donald Brown issue trade him to the Cleveland Browns for a 7th round pick they need a Veteran back, they are not happy with 2nd year backs Crowell, Terrance West, and Duke Johnson is a rookie who is injured.
                I'd be happy if they just took his contract. Are you allowed to just give away a player like that without cap consequences?

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Seriously????? Herndon at RB??? Why not at TE, OC, DE...hell give him some reps at QB and LT too while you are at it!!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoDak
                    • Technology Director
                    • Send PM

I can't see Herndon make the team over Jones.

Herndon is an UDFA trying to make the team. Jones is a vet with a contract. They are playing like it in preseason. Just my opinion.

Too early to label Melvin anything yet, whether he lit the world on fire or completely sucked. He hasn't done much, but we won't know until the real pads start popping.

Smith over Brown? I don't see it. Donald Brown isn't flashy, but he's pretty dependable, and a good blocker. (bad whiff on Scifres punt notwithstanding)
                    Guys like Smith are a dime a dozen.

Davis to IR must mean they like Mager and Steve Williams to go along with Robinson.

Corderro Law has pretty much locked up a spot and with T. Williams injury, would not be surprised to see Underwood or Mueller on the roster (for a few weeks, at least).

WR-Allen, Floyd, Johnson, Jones, and Inman are probably in. battle between Pettis and Williams. Potential vs a known quantity. Could come down to things we don't look at much here... blocking, ST's, that kind of stuff.
                    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltaction
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Seriously????? Herndon at RB??? Why not at TE, OC, DE...hell give him some reps at QB and LT too while you are at it!!
                      Herndon led the Chargers in rushing against the vaunted Seahawks last week. He ran that end around from WR position took the lateral and burned the Seahawks for forty yards. You must have already forgotten who led the team in rushing. What I said is Herndon can contribute in the running game, which he has more than proven. Don't look for Brown to ever contribute a forty yard running play. Because he won't, where Herndon can and showed he can help in running the football. You maybe should check out the stats because you must have missed it.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

If Herndon cannot contribute on Special teams we will need an injury to justify his roster spot for 2-6 carries a game.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Herndon led the Chargers in rushing against the vaunted Seahawks last week. He ran that end around from WR position took the lateral and burned the Seahawks for forty yards. You must have already forgotten who led the team in rushing. What I said is Herndon can contribute in the running game, which he has more than proven. Don't look for Brown to ever contribute a forty yard running play. Because he won't, where Herndon can and showed he can help in running the football. You maybe should check out the stats because you must have missed it.
                          C-mon man.....gaining 40 yards on a gadget play where the defense was fooled isnt the same as rushing the ball as a RB. We may not run a reverse the rest of the season and Jones can do those as well. Gotta say i wasnt that impressed with the reverse. He had wide open space. Not like he juked anybody or stiff armed anyone. It was just a nicely timed call by Frank Reich
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-02-2015, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X