Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Discussion (wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hadl2Alworth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The defenses were Baltimore, New England, Denver, Minnesota, & Dallas. Those were the the 5 losses. Every one of those teams is going to the playoffs. We can still knock Denver out of the playoff picture.

IMO, this team can win one playoff game and that's it. It does not possess the depth on offensive line, nor in the front seven, to take us any further.
    You can't vulture against those defenses.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

There's a whole lot of truth-telling going on at Chargers HQ right now. Senio and Tillery did not play well enough, as part of a team effort, to win yesterday. Their individual play performance drug down their respective position units in a division game. Even Denver's special teams stuck it up our ass on the 1st possession, stranding Herbert at the one yard marker.
      Not to overstate thing - but that 3rd and 2 from the 9 basically was the story of the game. Chargers had a very manageable short yardage and the run game got stuff. Denver got the ball at midfield and took the lead

Not saying the Chargers win the game if they convert - just a telling sign that the Chargers forced a punt, the Broncos STer made a heckuva play, the Chargers had a short yardage and they failed to convert. Which was the story of the day

Merrill, Gaziano and Fehoko did better against the Steelers. Tillery is just not good. I know he is a former 1st round pick - but he has been not good in his career.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Third down efficiency - Chargers 7/14 & Broncos 8/11

Teddy & Co outperformed the Chargers offense on 3rd down.
        Well our defense is last in the league against 3rd down conversions. Not a shock.
        The defense has been a big disappointment. Changes in personell need to be made.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Send PM

How bad would the defense be without Derwin James and Bosa? Especially James?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well our defense is last in the league against 3rd down conversions. Not a shock.
            The defense has been a big disappointment. Changes in personell need to be made.
            How is the team 6-5 with this defense? Terrible against the run, cannot get off third down. Add in terrible special teams.

And really, a pretty decent chance of getting to 9, maybe 10 wins.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not to overstate thing - but that 3rd and 2 from the 9 basically was the story of the game. Chargers had a very manageable short yardage and the run game got stuff. Denver got the ball at midfield and took the lead

Not saying the Chargers win the game if they convert - just a telling sign that the Chargers forced a punt, the Broncos STer made a heckuva play, the Chargers had a short yardage and they failed to convert. Which was the story of the day

Merrill, Gaziano and Fehoko did better against the Steelers. Tillery is just not good. I know he is a former 1st round pick - but he has been not good in his career.
              Davante Adams said something last night, after the Rams game, 'once we start rolling, it's hard to stop us.' When Herbert is in a rhythm, he is very hard to stop.

In everyone of the Chargers 5 losses, we had no occasions in which we were 'rolling'. Each was a largely disjointed and penalty strewn game, in retrospect.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

If the last two Bengals games are an indicator I don't think we stand a chance next week. But who knows which version of the Bengals come out to play. The Bengals also got slaughtered by the Browns and lost to the Jets in the two weeks before that. I don't know which Bengals team we'll be facing so I can't feel good about any prediction. I think we have a chance to win this game IF we play inspired football from beginning to end but there is NO WAY I would bet on that.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Send PM

How is the team 6-5 with this defense? Terrible against the run, cannot get off third down. Add in terrible special teams.

I wish I had your optimism.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Look at Year One as turning around a losing culture. That's hard work, as it requires developing trust. That is being accomplished right now.

Still, the Chargers can still run the table in this season. They are absolutely capable of that.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Denver beat writer Ryan O'Halloran picked the Chargers to finish the season 12-5 and win the division. Can still be done.

The Broncos’ offense entered Sunday ranked 27th in third-down conversion rate (34.6), which means their production against the Chargers was a thunderbolt.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

I am looking at Giants, Texans and either Denver or Raiders as their best chances for Wins.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I am looking at Giants, Texans and either Denver or Raiders as their best chances for Wins.
                          AFC.png

Sched.png

Now, every game is a a playoff game. #runthetable

Comment

Working...
                          X