Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
      He was out his rookie year with an injury so I'm not sure your point stands here.
      He couldn't practice most of the season or play and that is what counts. Player development is closely related to how many reps a player gets. It is why coaches for EVERY team go on and on about it.

And if you start eliminating every guy who has been hurt, how many player would ANY team have?

Troutman is a young developing player who got set back by switching positions last year after all his previous playing experience is. OL take time to develop, and most fans on this board have the patience of a 3 year old.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Seems like we always have to find a whipping boy on the starting OL for our team each year. Troutman, Clary, Parker, and on and on. If Troutman is out, I am curious who the next whipping boy up is going to be.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          "Dewey Defeats Truman!" LOL!
          That probably should have read "Huey Defeats Troutman!"

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            Seems like we always have to find a whipping boy on the starting OL for our team each year. Troutman, Clary, Parker, and on and on. If Troutman is out, I am curious who the next whipping boy up is going to be.

TG
            It is weird how we as fans need to put blame on one O-lineman isn't it? It is kind of like firestorm, one fan says/posts something critical about a player and then it slowly catches on and next thing you know the whole fan base believes it and everyone goes off on said player. Clary took way too much criticism for his play at right tackle, way too much. It's a tough place to play and the guy competed hard week in and week out. Was Clary that much worse than Fluker has been the last two seasons? No. In fact you may be able to argue Clary was the better of the two. Interesting the RT position ended the same for them both, a switch to RG!

Don't get me wrong, Troutman was not good last season but with it being his first season ever at RG, all of the turmoil at center and just an average RT next to him, the guy sure took a lot of heat for the failures of the whole line last season. I think he at least deserved a shot to compete again this year and he would at the least be a serviceable back up with some starting experience.
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

From watching the guy play, just don't think he'll ever be a quality starter, looks like a career backup to me or a guy you look to replace if he is a starter (like TT did this offseason).

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Not eliminating Troutman because he's injured all the time. Eliminating Troutman because he's injured all the time and he sucks.

Don't worry. I'm not the coaching staff who seem to love this guy. So I'm sure he'll be around for another 1-2 years. (Troutman must have pictures of Mike McCoy doing something weird at the Zoo. )
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                  It is weird how we as fans need to put blame on one O-lineman isn't it?
                  To be fair, I think we blamed both OGs and the backup center last year. Maybe even Fluker a little bit at RT too.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                    To be fair, I think we blamed both OGs and the backup center last year. Maybe even Fluker a little bit at RT too.
                    Which backup centre? There are quite a few to choose from.

Comment

Working...
                    X