Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Shout Out Thread

We see plenty of posts just shredding players when they play bad. I would like to see some shout outs to players that get a lot of criticism.

On D: I thought Adderly had a solid game.
    On O: I thought Storm had a solid day.

Oh and for what it's worth, When you never hear anything about our STUD LT Slater you know damn well he is killing it every week.
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
    We see plenty of posts just shredding players when they play bad. I would like to see some shout outs to players that get a lot of criticism.

On D: I thought Adderly had a solid game.
    On O: I thought Storm had a solid day.

Oh and for what it's worth, When you never hear anything about our STUD LT Slater you know damn well he is killing it every week.
    Adderley is beginning to get it together after struggling as a younger player. He is tough. He hits. He tackles. He was drafted with a reputation for being a ball hawk out of Delaware. I haven't seen that from him, but maybe that comes later. I am happy with his development. Are Adderley and James the best safety duo in the league?

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I saw Slater waaaayyy down the field neutralizing defenders multiple times yesterday. He is just an outstanding tackle. And he must have the world's strongest neck, because I have never, ever, seen a tackle get stuck in the chin and have his head bent backwards as much as it happens to him. Still dont understand why that is not a foul, but the refs are always standing right there, watching it.

Speaking of which, it appears Staley got the penalty stuff largely addressed? Seems/feels like dont get a lot called the last few games

Also, Stephen Anderson had a nice game. He is a versatile, high effort player. I saw a few of his runs blocks from the FB were not very effective but he gave it all he had. Seems like he has replaced Nabors?

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

From the steaming video I had to endure, the tight end unit as a whole played well.

Great idea for a thread, but the mast like to hate more than praise.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Norton's play was decent; Covington made a few tackles.

But i said all this on the game thread.

I thought Justin Jones looked good.

A lot of people complaining about how the defense can't stop the run:

inside linebackers, who are fine going wide but are not instinctual in what gap to fill, are part of the problem;
          and then their are just not enough bodies (which is the design of the D).

Staley's D needs someone special at the DT position.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
            From the steaming video I had to endure, the tight end unit as a whole played well.

Great idea for a thread, but the mast like to hate more than praise.
            People confuse criticism with hate.

Some players lack the talent to hold up; pointing this out, without expectations that they will be dependable in the future, is not hate.
            The players are well compensated and we are not their parents, nor their support system.
            Even the best players, after a few bad games, get waves of criticism.

Having said that: calling players stupid, or lazy, or a disgrace, or any reference to their private life is hateful.
            Disregarding past performances, and going overboard with a rare poor one, is tiresome.
            Cheering injuries, like K.C. fans, is sick.
            Accusing Telesco of spending his millions on strippers at A strip clubs is so laughable, i guess one shouldn't call it hate;
            after all, he's spending it at high class strip clubs, not the seediest of them.
            Last edited by powderblueboy; 11-08-2021, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
              Stack Au Ag Pb
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

My first shout out is to Justin Herbert.

My other shout out is to our new returner ( and hopefully deep threat) Roberts and he had a immediate impact yesterday. Hopkins gets a honorable mention even though he missed a PAT.

My last shout out is to Staley and his staff. Great win with a very thin defensive backfield.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                Stack Au Ag Pb
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Staley gave Hopkins the game ball and the team has Tuesday off.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Shout out to Joey Bosa who avoided taking a Roughing the Passer with great technique when he hit Hurts.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                    Staley gave Hopkins the game ball and the team has Tuesday off.
                    They normally have Tuesday off. Its Monday they have off... probably only for those who need treatment will come in.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

They were 4/4 80 yards against Harris. Adderley gave up 3/4 for 42. That was most of the Eagles pass production. I think Adderley could have had an int in this one.

Nwosu and Fackrell combined for 22 pass rush snaps with no pressures. These 2 continue to kill us. It was good to see Joey getting some inside pressure. He overcame the usual attention yesterday. He almost had another sack or 2.

I dont buy the hype on Storms good game. TEs totaled 94 total snaps in this game. Probably closer to 65 vs the Pats. Without going back and watching the film my guess is that we ran a lot more 12/13 Personnel to help Storm? I dont know maybe im wrong but he was left out there on an island and held his own good for him. But i still dont trust him without some sort of max protect in place.

You want a guy to be able to hold his own at RT. Early in the season we were causing a lot of confusion pre snap with movement. You cant do these things as much when you put a bunch of TEs on the field to help out a struggling OT.

Thats fine though as i thought our TEs were crucial to us winning yesterday. Keenan has been having a tough season imo. But he and Herbert really carried this offense. Despite Herbert sort of staring down his receivers in this one. Which can sometimes be a symptom of expecting pressure. Id hate for him constantly being harassed leading to bad habits. I guess when you have a rocket arm like his it doesn't matter as much.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Totally agreed.Storm needs to be a backup next season if that.Nwosu and Fackrell are the same,need to be backups or gone.Bosa needs real genuine help.

Comment

Working...
                        X