Eric Weddle victory lap appreciation thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    I think it would be as ironic as hell - not to mention a "Now I can die in peace!" moment for me, personally - if the Chargers were to shock the Known Universe and win the Super Bowl in 2015. LOL! Then Rivers, Gates, and Weddle will jump ship as Free Agents; Floyd will retire; and the Chargers will become the one (and only) team in NFL History to win a SB, lose their leader on offense, leader on defense, All-Time HOF Tight End...and leave town.

It's almost TOO perfect; too storybook. But fitting, no?
    That would be perfect. I am with you, if they were able to pull that off and win it all and THEN still move, it would be time for me to say "finally, thank you very much (while flipping them the bird)!" and free up my Sundays as well. We are leaving on a year long RV trip in 2017 and it would be nice not to have to worry about following the Bolts from the road every Sunday.

What's funny is it is not that far out of the realm of possibility (other than it being the Chargers). Premier QB, a lot of offensive weapons, what should be a solid OL and a defense that is just good enough. We catch the right breaks, stay injury free and have some young guys mature and by all means this team will be in the thick of it.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

As much as I'd love for it to happen, we are still with question marks up the middle on the D and they're planning on trotting Troutman out there at RG. Also considering their miserable history, the whole LA thing, the supremely inept ownership group, and what it takes to actually get to the Super Bowl (much less win it), well, I don't want to be a doom-and-gloomer, let's just leave it at that and say I will be rooting for the SAN DIEGO Chargers (the players, the city and their fans) to win this year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Yes, Chargers. Win the Super Bowl; then get lost.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          I still can't fathom the very real possibility that the 2016 team could not have Rivers, Weddle or Gates on it. That would be some HUGE shoes to fill.
          If it coincides with a move to LA, then it fits in nicely with my retirement from being a Chargers fan. All the players I truly care about will have basically stayed in SD with me, so that is an ok end if it comes to it.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

I think it would be as ironic as hell - not to mention a "Now I can die in peace!" moment for me, personally - if the Chargers were to shock the Known Universe and win the Super Bowl in 2015. LOL! Then Rivers, Gates, and Weddle will jump ship as Free Agents; Floyd will retire; and the Chargers will become the one (and only) team in NFL History to win a SB, lose their leader on offense, leader on defense, All-Time HOF Tight End...and leave town.

It's almost TOO perfect; too storybook. But fitting, no?
            That would be crazy, and is certainly a possibility. It would sort of be a fitting, wrap it up and put a bow on it type of event, wouldn't it?

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
              That would be perfect. I am with you, if they were able to pull that off and win it all and THEN still move, it would be time for me to say "finally, thank you very much (while flipping them the bird)!" and free up my Sundays as well. We are leaving on a year long RV trip in 2017 and it would be nice not to have to worry about following the Bolts from the road every Sunday.

What's funny is it is not that far out of the realm of possibility (other than it being the Chargers). Premier QB, a lot of offensive weapons, what should be a solid OL and a defense that is just good enough. We catch the right breaks, stay injury free and have some young guys mature and by all means this team will be in the thick of it.
              Nice trip, I'm jealous. I look forward to the day when I can go on months long trips touring the world.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I've had the world championships, they're fun but not the end all. If the bolts don't win one, that's ok. It's truly the journey that counts.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  Nice trip, I'm jealous. I look forward to the day when I can go on months long trips touring the world.
                  That's what retirements are for. In fact, I was going to do something similar with the family years ago...when gas prices were relatively cheap. But the kids were in club sports and it would have been too hard for them to miss an entire month or 6 weeks. I also have to be able to have a vehicle large enough to hold 7 animals. Still on my bucket list, however. Given the price of hotels, meals, and flights, it might be a wash even with the price of gas. We'll see.

Comment

• Wheels
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

I've had the world championships, they're fun but not the end all. If the bolts don't win one, that's ok. It's truly the journey that counts.
                    I would love to make my own determination on that.

I imagine you are right, but for us San Diego fans, world championships at the top level of sports have proven more elusive than discovering a unicorn.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

As a Padre, Charger, and Aztec fan I am not familiar with that feeling...

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I still can't fathom the very real possibility that the 2016 team could not have Rivers, Weddle or Gates on it. That would be some HUGE shoes to fill.
                        yeah, because those 3 were keys leading us to all our Super Bowl wins, right?
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

That's what retirements are for. In fact, I was going to do something similar with the family years ago...when gas prices were relatively cheap. But the kids were in club sports and it would have been too hard for them to miss an entire month or 6 weeks. I also have to be able to have a vehicle large enough to hold 7 animals. Still on my bucket list, however. Given the price of hotels, meals, and flights, it might be a wash even with the price of gas. We'll see.
                          I did a 28 day cruise a couple of years ago. Rome to Singapore. Missed 4-5 Chargers games. No big deal there. But I could easily go on vacation for a year and tour the world. Now I just have to retire/semi-retire.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X