Eric Weddle victory lap appreciation thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Eric Weddle victory lap appreciation thread.

Weddle you will won me over as a fan. You are a fine example of what an NFL player should strive to be on and off the field. Well until the holdout at least. Wish all our players like you could retire in Charger colors, honor, and pride.

Have a great season.
    Go Rivers!
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I still can't fathom the very real possibility that the 2016 team could not have Rivers, Weddle or Gates on it. That would be some HUGE shoes to fill.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I still can't fathom the very real possibility that the 2016 team could not have Rivers, Weddle or Gates on it. That would be some HUGE shoes to fill.
      Not only that, but possibly as the Los Angeles Chargers too.

Comment

• Grinners
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        and M80-Floyd easier to fill but still his last year he said.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

This is also likely my last year as a fan.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
            This is also likely my last year as a fan.
            You and a lot of other people here.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Not me, Go Carson Chargers.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                Not me, Go Carson Chargers.
                I used to live four blocks from Carson. All my neighbors were Raiders fans. Now you know the company you're keeping.

My sister is ready to switch to being a Cardinals fan because of the woman coach.

Once the Chargers leave, I'm going to be a fan of nobody in the NFL. I won't watch games unless I'm forced to due to social situations. I won't buy NFL merchandise. If somebody buys me NFL merchandise, as they do every birthday and Chanukah/Christmas, I'll return it.

I haven't been a real NFL fan since the early-to-mid 90s. The only games I watch on purpose and on my own are ones that mean something to the San Diego Chargers.

I watched parts of last year's Super Bowl because I was at a Super Bowl party and had no choice. Before that, I saw bits of one of the Eli-Patsy Super Bowls; I saw the Cardinals-Steelers game (Super Bowl party in Arizona - I had no choice). I saw the Raiders-Tampa Bay game once I heard the Raiders were getting crushed. I attended the Chargers-49ers Super Bowl in Miami. I think the last non-Chargers Super Bowl I saw on purpose in its entirety was Bills-Giants. That's about the time the league started losing its charm for me. I got priced out of season tickets to see my team in a stadium I was forced to help pay for.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I have not decided what I will do if they move yet. I am from LA originally and my dad actually had a try out with the LA Chargers in 1960, but I still have a hard time seeing myself as a fan of the Spanos led LA Chargers. That combined with the impending losses of Weddle, Rivers and Gates, I just don't know what my NFL fandom of 2016 will look like. That said, I think this is a good team that has a shot to make a run and I will have fun following it THIS YEAR.

GO 2015 BOLTS!
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                    I have not decided what I will do if they move yet. I am from LA originally and my dad actually had a try out with the LA Chargers in 1960, but I still have a hard time seeing myself as a fan of the Spanos led LA Chargers. That combined with the impending losses of Weddle, Rivers and Gates, I just don't know what my NFL fandom of 2016 will look like. That said, I think this is a good team that has a shot to make a run and I will have fun following it THIS YEAR.

GO 2015 BOLTS!
                    I think it would be as ironic as hell - not to mention a "Now I can die in peace!" moment for me, personally - if the Chargers were to shock the Known Universe and win the Super Bowl in 2015. LOL! Then Rivers, Gates, and Weddle will jump ship as Free Agents; Floyd will retire; and the Chargers will become the one (and only) team in NFL History to win a SB, lose their leader on offense, leader on defense, All-Time HOF Tight End...and leave town.

It's almost TOO perfect; too storybook. But fitting, no?

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      I think it would be as ironic as hell - not to mention a "Now I can die in peace!" moment for me, personally - if the Chargers were to shock the Known Universe and win the Super Bowl in 2015. LOL! Then Rivers, Gates, and Weddle will jump ship as Free Agents; Floyd will retire; and the Chargers will become the one (and only) team in NFL History to win a SB, lose their leader on offense, leader on defense, All-Time HOF Tight End...and leave town.

It's almost TOO perfect; too storybook. But fitting, no?
                      It would almost be like that movie "Major League".

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Then they can hire Goldie Han to coach the RBs...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X