• Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bolts Have Work To Do On The Bye

There are a few things we need to work on during the Bye

1. Defense Run- They need to make a trade for a D-lineman, but I doubt that happens, so they need to come up with better scheme with the players they have.

2. New kicker missing extra points (5) just 6 games in they need someone else

3. Special Teams Return game KJ Hill got to go no reason for him to be on PR or KR, I don't think you want NAS on KR even though he did that well last year I want him just focus on safety and not risking him to injury we need him on defense.Time to bring up one of the Practice squad guys and try them out can't do any worse ( Maurice Ffrench or Austin Proehl)

4. We need someone to backup Eckler, seems Justin Jackson isn't healthy and doesn't seem as quick in years past Roundtree and Kelley are inconsistent
    Last edited by OhioBolt; 10-18-2021, 10:59 AM.
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

5. Spread the ball around more. Distribute the wealth. We do go to the TEs, Parham and Cook, but that isn't enough. Get more production from the WRs other than MW and KA. The offense stagnates because of this. Guyton needs to step up, or people will know that letting Tyron Johnson go was a mistake. Time for Josh Palmer to step up, it's time for him to prove why Staley drafted him.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

1. Not over react. Stay the course. Pile up wins after the bye while we get healthier.
      2. Make the playoffs and put the league on notice that we're winning the whole thing in 2022.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

3.Have a great draft and offseason moves.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Run Defense.
          Audition kickers.

That's about it.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            3.Have a great draft and offseason moves.
            The team is 4-2 with the toughest part of their schedule completed (arguably) - not sure I want to wait until spring to "fix the run defense."

I am not going to throw my chips on the table and go all in - but there are probably players that might be upgrades to the DLine combined with getting back Justin Jones, Tranq and Murray that would give the chance for the Defence to perform better than yesterday for instance.

The OP stated the three biggest areas of need - not sure they can fix all three. But hopefully some DLine adjustments.

If I am telesco - there are five teams, for now, I am targeting for possible trades - the two in New York City, Houston and two from the Sunshine state for DL help. I also wonder if the Giants would part with Gano .

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              1. Not over react. Stay the course. Pile up wins after the bye while we get healthier.
              2. Make the playoffs and put the league on notice that we're winning the whole thing in 2022.
              I agree not in Panic mode you only can do so much with the roster within unless you make a trade, and I don't think anybody who is available that would cost more than a 5th round is going to make any significant impact including DT Akeem Hicks.

I think not using KJ Hill on returns is and easy fix he isn't on the field as a receiver much if any so bring up guys who have speed and return ability ( Maurice Ffrench or Austin Proehl) there is no reason for us on kick returns to start inside of the 20

The kicker isn't an over-react mode it is just action that needs to be taken

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                LOL. We've got a guy in here extrapolating that yesterday's loss would lead to a collapse similar to what the Padres went through this Summer.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I agree not in Panic mode you only can do so much with the roster within unless you make a trade, and I don't think anybody who is available that would cost more than a 5th round is going to make any significant impact including DT Akeem Hicks.

I think not using KJ Hill on returns is and easy fix he isn't on the field as a receiver much if any so bring up guys who have speed and return ability ( Maurice Ffrench or Austin Proehl) there is no reason for us on kick returns to start inside of the 20

The kicker isn't an over-react mode it is just action that needs to be taken
                  I think the best thing on kick returns is if the ball is kicked into the end - take a knee. But I am ready to see what Proehl or Ffrench have to offer as KJ Hill - doesn't have much.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    Run Defense.
                    Audition kickers.

That's about it.
                    Yup light a fire under Viz

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the best thing on kick returns is if the ball is kicked into the end - take a knee. But I am ready to see what Proehl or Ffrench have to offer as KJ Hill - doesn't have much.
                      We need a fast returner. I watched the Jags game and their returner looks like he has a rocket. Accelerates real fast and gets to 20+ almost everytime from the EZ.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

We need a fast returner. I watched the Jags game and their returner looks like he has a rocket. Accelerates real fast and gets to 20+ almost everytime from the EZ.
                        If he is returning kicks on the Jags, he should be pretty cheap. I am tired of watching our guys not make the edge and get snowed in about the 15 yard line.

Comment

Working...
                        X