• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

JJacks hurt again. Who’s surprised at this point?
    Not me...promote Bradwell before he gets poached by the Raiduhs...

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

JJacks hurt again. Who’s surprised at this point?
      I’m more surprised when he plays :biggrin:

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Got it straight from a Minnesota fan, Vikings are not a good team. Holding them to seven should not be something to crow about, and only scoring twice on them is pathetic, they said.

So many plays have been so close, this is the game it all comes together for us. Big time beat down of the Browns ahead.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
          Big time beat down of the Browns ahead.
          Went be Sofi today, oculus shows the final score at Browns 14 Chargers 28.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I get to watch Mayfield a lot here. He had a great game against the Texans. Then the last two games, Stefanski has been trying to put the ball in his hands more and Mayfield has been responding by (what looks like to me) trying way too hard and not just playing. He tries to put everything he has into every throw when it is not necesssary. And unlike Herbert who can effortlessly throw, Mayfield has to use his whole body to do it. And his body is little for an NFL QB. He also is trying too hard to appease OBJ. If you look at his stats with and without OBJ since OBJ joined the team, it is pretty staggering how much better he plays without him. I don't know why Stefanski is trying to ask Mayfield to do more. But it is clear Mayfield cannot do it.

TG
            R u saying OBJ is whining to Bake, sayin' "come on, man! Gimme my touches, man!!!"

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

There is a history here. Of OBJ not feeling like he got enough targets. Of fan pressure on Mayfield. Of expectations that the first overall pick of the draft with the best OL in football and two really, really good RBs, 3 really good TEs, 2 really good WRs and a good offensive coach should play way better. And unlike Herbert, Mayfield has a HUGE ego and that has to be managed along with the big egos of OBJ and Landry.
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not me...promote Bradwell before he gets poached by the Raiduhs...
                Make room on roster for Bradwell by putting Jackson on IR. Seems he’s been injured before training camp, lol

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

The Athletics picks

Expert picks

Tashan Reed Chargers
                  Chris Burke Chargers
                  Mark Kaboly Browns
                  Nick Kosmider Chargers
                  Katherine Terrell Chargers
                  Michael-Shawn Dugar Chargers
                  Ben Standig Chargers
                  Ted Nguyen Browns
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

This is likely true but they played the Texans whom only scored 9 points vs Panthers and Shut out with 0 points vs Bills.
                    Played a 1-3 Vikings team.
                    Played the Bears whom had a rookie QB with highly questionable offensive game plan/protection at the time.

The common opponent Chiefs they gave up 33 while we gave up 24.

Meanwhile we played the Cowboys, Raiders, Chiefs whom are all top offenses and limited them. Even the WFT had 2 30-poit games thus far and we limited them to 16.

The above teams have gashed us for huge running yards (except Turds) but mattered little in final outcome. They can't just lean on defense and their running game.

They're going to need to have Baker have a good game.
                    This

Justin MFIC Herbert will find the way. Staley will shut down the run and lure Mayfield into throwing the ball to our DBs. Baker is playing crippled.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                      There is a history here. Of OBJ not feeling like he got enough targets. Of fan pressure on Mayfield. Of expectations that the first overall pick of the draft with the best OL in football and two really, really good RBs, 3 really good TEs, 2 really good WRs and a good offensive coach should play way better. And unlike Herbert, Mayfield has a HUGE ego and that has to be managed along with the big egos of OBJ and Landry.
                      I think people are way overestimating the amount of talent on the Browns:

* OBJ is not close to the player he once was - plus he's a headache
                      * Landry is out
                      * Donavon Peoples Jones is a 6th round pick that has not produced yet
                      * Austin Hooper's best days are behind him
                      * Daniel Nwoku has been a big disappointment for Cleveland
                      * Mayfield is a 4rth or 5th tier starting qb

Great oline/very good pair of rbs, a lot of inconsistency beyond that.

They are a good/very good team, they might even go to the Super Bowl: they will need a ton of breaks for that to happen.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

If Chargers for the 5th game in a row are able to hold the opponent to season low in points.
                        Then the Browns will only score 13 point or less.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think people are way overestimating the amount of talent on the Browns:

* OBJ is not close to the player he once was - plus he's a headache
                          * Landry is out
                          * Donavon Peoples Jones is a 6th round pick that has not produced yet
                          * Austin Hooper's best days are behind him
                          * Daniel Nwoku has been a big disappointment for Cleveland
                          * Mayfield is a 4rth or 5th tier starting qb

Great oline/very good pair of rbs, a lot of inconsistency beyond that.

They are a good/very good team, they might even go to the Super Bowl: they will need a ton of breaks for that to happen.
                          CLE should probably beat at least one good team before we send them to the SB. Its not going to be this week. Chargers will win
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X