X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If you go back beyond this current year...like last season this would be completely true! These teams still have a ton of pride in their defenses and still have some remnants of this DNA. We're all brothers of the Bolt here so no need for extreme hostility. People are entitled to their opinion and some of what they say may be true or parts of it.

:coffee:
    Correcting factually erroneous assertions does not constitute any hostility, much less extreme hostility as you are suggesting. Not sure where you are getting that from, but it is unwarranted.

Additionally, what was challenged by me were two factual assertions, which were both demonstrably false. It is not an opinion that teams with bad run defenses have won numerous recent Super Bowls in the past 15 years or so. It is a fact.

It is also a fact that currently in terms of passing yards allowed per game, MIA, PIT and BAL (the first three opponents of the Raiders) are in the bottom half of the league. That is not an opinion.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Great challenge by Staley, currently 1 for 1 if I heard right?

Toughness all around, guys getting dinged and coming back out.

Ticky tac PI on Ruggs, refs had to help make MFN an actual game.

Defense lost a bit of focus but was quickly redirected/redirectable. They didn't want to be known as the defense on national tv to give up a 21 point lead haha

Gruden was obviously impressed and imo felt pressure to keep up with Staley by calling his own risky 4th down call. Took the bait.

James totally redeemed himself at home with that pick, almost had a pass deflection.

Ekeler and rountree running with power! Oline looking inspired to run block on a night Herbert was getting hit.
      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

I feel like the team plays different games depending on their opponents which i havent seen in quite a while. Adpating to the opponents will make it harder for teams to catch tendencies on film and exploit them

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Correcting factually erroneous assertions does not constitute any hostility, much less extreme hostility as you are suggesting. Not sure where you are getting that from, but it is unwarranted.

Additionally, what was challenged by me were two factual assertions, which were both demonstrably false. It is not an opinion that teams with bad run defenses have won numerous recent Super Bowls in the past 15 years or so. It is a fact.

It is also a fact that currently in terms of passing yards allowed per game, MIA, PIT and BAL (the first three opponents of the Raiders) are in the bottom half of the league. That is not an opinion.
          We play 2 out 3 of these teams. We'll find out if it's fiction or not that these teams don't field good defenses. The raiders came back in the second half of this game and looked much better in picking on our weaknesses. You cannot go to sleep on any of these 32 teams as their fielded with professionals and the differences are slight including inexperience and bad game tactics. The Jets finally beat a decent team with a super inexperienced QB who is greener than Green. Your comments are very close to calling someone a liar (Charge) because they're making things up all the time according to you. Just point out where they're wrong and that's a disagreement on the interpretation on the situation. Trying to continuously discredit someone all the time wears on the civility of this forum.

:smoking:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• RollingThunder
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
              Staley has some massive balls man…I wish we had him when we had Rivers, I wonder how some of those playoff games would’ve gone with him instead.

Even better, you now have him with Justin Herbert as your QB.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Really good presser from three Charger Pros. I was laughing when Bosa was talking about his penalty and I thought..."Joey the Refs let them hold cause it's the only chance they have against you!"

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                  First thing not related is Gus is blitzing a lot! Where was that the past few years?!
                  Bradley did blitz with the Chargers. A lot of people just don't remember when he did it. That, or they are blinded by their anger with what the team had going on under Lynn. Go see highlights of the Chargers games from last year in 2020; the Buccaneers, Jaguars, Bengals, Jets, Bills, and Falcons games.

Bradley got too much blame for the disaster that went on with the defense, and he's not doing bad with the Raiders.

Another thing, Kenneth Murray attacked on blitzes last year with Gus. He still has things to work on, especially his blitzing. Looks like Dru Tranquill is outdoing him on what he is supposed to be good at.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

You cannot count on creating fluke turnovers.... Before this game, Chargers were worst im the league at stopping the run...... that is not my opinion, but fact...... and in the 60 years i have been playing and watching football, no team wins consistently if they cannot stop the run.....

Tonight the Chargers actually stopped the run for the first time this season .....the past 3 games when we did not stop the run, so no one attempted to throw downfield because they did not have to...... but today we also gave up a huge pass play and a huge PI...... which we have not given up this season.....

My discussion is not6 nonsense....the things i said were true.... the raiders beat 3 very strong defenses prior to this game and struck quickly in 2nd half to make this a one score game, displaying that they have ability...... but Chargers re-grouped and responded with a long scoring drive to put game away..... which was impressive..... this team is learning how to win close games...something they have not done since Bobby Ross......
                    Pls go back to the Colts 2006 SB winning team. They gave up 173 ypg on the ground, worst n the league by almost 25 ypg. There have been other poor to bad SB winning run Ds, but this one was the worst by far.

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You very rarely see a player say something like this about an opponent. Especially one you play twice a year. The hate is real people
                      He just wanted to make sure every other D in the NFL knew how to take Carr out. Most teams won't be able to get that kind of pressure, but still, it never hurts to make sure the rest of the Raiders schedule knows what to do in their game plans.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Had to make it a little "exciting"....didnt they? But we nailed it in the end...

Herbie was a little off at times, though the Raiders brought the heat....and he still was lethal when it counted...

Tranquil was a weapon....and I shall doubt Kyzir no more...

Ekelor is "mini beast mode"....

Bosa is just a beast, period....

Staley on 4th down? Pffft...."Who's your daddy now?"

Just a few negatives....Feiler had an off game, a few oline comm/assignment issues...and Jackson didn't look good spelling Ekelor(Rountree was much better)

A lot of good things to "unpack"....but one more thing...KA and Mdub were non-factors...but Joe and Herbie use their other weapons to hang 28 on em'....

Very nice win.:larry:
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          What a great night - beat the Raiders by double digits on a national TV audience with Herbert and our coach showing the world what we witnessed the first 3 games. When we were lining up for the final kneel down, my realtor called to tell me we had an offer on our house! We made a small counter and if accepted - Nashville, here my family and I come!
                          Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                          X