• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    JH3 and Me
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Ahem…..do you remember a certain game against the Patriots? Also down near the goal line, Samuel could have got up and tried to run but layed down. I wonder if they are coached to not try to be a hero in critical places?

TG
    I remember a certain NE game where a certain DB got a turnover and instead of lying down, he decided to run it back and NE punched it out and regained it - then went on to win. So - while I’d agree he should have gotten up, I’m ok with him securing the INT and ending his contribution on that play right there.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

I wonder - Did Kenneth Murray lose his spot to Drue today?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Carlson. Hopkins. Maybe Koo. Im sort of ready to just sign a guy who can stop this annual icking headache. Spend the fucking money. Im not saying this is priority number one. Just tired of the missed kicks.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
          One thing that stood out to me in this game is how much the D played together. Tranq, Asante, Gilman, Bosa, Tillery, Davis, Campbell, Linval, Adderley all made big plays. Nwosu also had good pressure multiple times although he never quite got home and White made some good plays in space. Hopefully Jones’ return helps stiffen the run defense and we can really move the needle to being an elite defense but back-to-back games holding Dak and Mahomes under 300 yards is terribly impressive.
          All good points. I think we should seriously consider starting Tranq over K9. I know K9 has better physical traits, but man, Tranq is a heady player with great fundamentals. I think he’s our best ILB right now.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Maybe Staley ran the analytics on picks, and found out a lot of those get fumbled away or stripped, and ORDERED our DB's to ground it...unless it's a clear path to a pick-6...
            but, but....Marlon Mcree saw that clear path!

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

The play for Mcree was always to knock it down, since it was 4rth down & the line of scrimmage was 20 yards upfield.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by HollywoodHerbie Hairbear View Post
                I can’t believe they asked him that
                “you said you’ll believe it when you see it regarding Justin Herbert, how do you feel now?”

https://twitter.com/r0ger92/status/1...658498050?s=21
                Damn, that was rough. Reminds me of rubbing a puppy’s nose in the mess he made on the carpet.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

a
                  Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

All good points. I think we should seriously consider starting Tranq over K9. I know K9 has better physical traits, but man, Tranq is a heady player with great fundamentals. I think he’s our best ILB right now.
                  he makes tackles where the others have been missing them.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    JH3 and Me
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^ This...at least we stop Mahomes from killing us with the quick deep strikes...having said that, I'd like to draft a solid run-stuffer and sign a good vet DT also...
                    You don’t beat KC by putting 8 in the box. Coach had the 100% right plan, players just have to execute 1x1’s better to reduce the damage from run plays. First contact of a RB after 2 yards but not tackling him until after 8 is the problem. Guys not getting off blocks and being literally a foot from the RB and unable to do a damn thing is the problem. Guys playing bounce-whiffy off of the RB is the problem. They can tighten that shit up - and they need to.

The Chiefs scored 33, 35 and 24 points so far this year. We were the 24.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

That's the most physical I've ever seen Adderley. Great! Tranq needs to be a starter. I'm not sure Murray should ever start for us. I might prefer Niemann over Murray. Tillery was awesome today. Great to see.
                      Yes indeed

Staley , Hill and the defensive coaches are getting much more production out of all these guys......Bravo D coaching staff!!

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

KC threw 44, comp 27, 9.3 ypc 3 TD (2 int)
                        KC ran 30, 6.2 ypc, 0 TD, 2 fum.
                        They had 2 plays over 20 yds 1 R (Mahomes), 1 catch (JAG).
                        We played good D. Holding KC to 24 pts. Next time less.
                        We won a tough game but did not play great defense(we forced i think one punt in each of the last 2 games....that is not good). Today, We got 4 miraculous turnovers...... you cannot count on those. every week...... the habits that translate game after game are things like good blocking and tackling or not blocking or tackling...... things like bad tackling, bad angles, have been consistent for all 3 games...... and we let a team run all over us that struggles to run the ball agains everyone else.....

Chucky is not going to let Carr throw often on our pass defense..... after seeing how we cannot stop the run, he is going to call run after run after run daring us to stop it...... Ravens and donkeys will do the same thing.....

Chargers are a one dimensional team, offensively and defensively..... our passing offense and our pass defense have potential to be very good to great..... offense is getting there.....Herbert is great already but we have to clean up all the stupid penalties to be more consistent.... and then we may become unstoppable offensively...... If we start scoring lots of points and get large leads, it will be harder to run on us or have that mean anything..... running the ball is the most effective way to dominate and win close games......

Staley and this new staff and systems are an x-factor that are a work in progress, but they are clearly changing the attitude of this entire franchise..... apparently for the better since we have won 2 of 3 close games so far... its also obvious that they make adjustments during the game when things are not working..... which is refreshing ....

So far this Chargers defense is reminding me of the NO defense the year they won the SB.... that defense gave up lots of yardage and points all season long but almost every week came up with 2-4 turnovers to save games and wins..... if we have high scoring team that ends up like that NO team and we win a SB, I shouldn't complain.... lol

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

I would like to give a shout out to a player I have been really disappointed in.

Yes we had Jerry Tillery sightings....

Comment

Working...
                          X