Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Where is the offense? This team, with an OL that was considered rock bottom by NFL standards, in the final four games last season was averaging 27.75 points per game. Through two games this season, with an OL that is supposed to be a major upgrade over last season's, the offense is averaging 18.5 points per game. Was Steichen a better OC than Lombardi?
    If you include the 3 total TDs that have been taken off the board due to questionable penalties this team would be averaging 29 a game. 2 of Herbert’s INTs have also come after TDs that have been cancelled out. The potential for the offense is there and I expect it to continue to improve. I would like to see a bit more commitment to the ground game as we have had good success with it on the season and it takes some pressure off Herbo and slows down the pass rush against Norton. Yesterday’s game gave us all things to be really irritated about, but there are still reasons for hope! If you told me before the season we would have the same record as KC going into our first matchup I would have been psyched!

Comment

• equivocation
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2021
      • Send PM

Williams shifting his feet was utterly unimpactful on the play. It didnt draw the D oit of position or help him get a clean release. That happens multiple times each and every game.

1 happens. 3 is a pattern.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

If you include the 3 total TDs that have been taken off the board due to questionable penalties this team would be averaging 29 a game. 2 of Herbert’s INTs have also come after TDs that have been cancelled out. The potential for the offense is there and I expect it to continue to improve. I would like to see a bit more commitment to the ground game as we have had good success with it on the season and it takes some pressure off Herbo and slows down the pass rush against Norton. Yesterday’s game gave us all things to be really irritated about, but there are still reasons for hope! If you told me before the season we would have the same record as KC going into our first matchup I would have been psyched!
        What was the third TD - -Parham and Cook yesterday
        did I miss one in the WTF game last week in DC
        The Herbert play was worth three points

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Nunc Coepi View Post
          Here's something to consider. If the Cowboys had lost yesterday, their record would be 0-2. That would be bad. An NFL favorite would be starting the new season as serious losers.

It was fortunate for the Cowboys that their schedule pit them against the Chargers. The Chargers are expendable. Not very many people care whether the Chargers win or lose. Many of their former fans actually prefer to see them lose. There was no way that the NFL was going to let one of their best products, the Cowboys, to be seriously damaged by a team like the Chargers.

The referees don't have to be told what to do in a case like this. They already know what to do without instructions. They know what the vast majority of fans want, and they know what their employer wants. They want to see America's Team triumphant.

I've seen this crap for years. Since the Tuck Rule, it's gotten worse every year.

Here's something else to consider. If the Chargers had been playing Cincinnati or Jacksonville would the referees have tried as hard to overturn a Charger victory?

I don't watch football anymore because of these realities
          Then why are you here?

Dallas lost 3 of their first 4 games last season and are in a big playoff drought.

I see bad calls every game but yesterday was especially bad for us.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
            Williams shifting his feet was utterly unimpactful on the play. It didnt draw the D oit of position or help him get a clean release. That happens multiple times each and every game.

As law enforcement investigators say “I don’t believe in coincidences.”
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

thats what i said about the Aboushi play - -if the play is a screen to the left side of the field and Aboushi is a few yards upfield blocking - thats one thing
              he was engaged with the Dallas player and when not engaged was two yards down the field - had ZERO impact on the play. ZERO

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

What was the third TD - -Parham and Cook yesterday
                did I miss one in the WTF game last week in DC
                The Herbert play was worth three points
                MW caught a TD that was called back on an Aboushi hold (if I’m remembering correctly) that was invisible on replay against WFT. I believe it was 2 plays before Herbert threw the end zone pick in that game.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Big chunk passing yards don’t mean anything if it doesn’t lead to scores. That’s what I mean.
                  I mean you throw a bomb for a td the RZ isn’t an issue

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

MW caught a TD that was called back on an Aboushi hold (if I’m remembering correctly) that was invisible on replay against WFT. I believe it was 2 plays before Herbert threw the end zone pick in that game.
                    It does seem that in two games - many of the plays against the Chargers have been directly related to points. This isn't getting called for a holding penalty on a 2nd and 9 from midfield when on the play the QB throws an incomplete pass (so its either 3rd and 9 or 2nd and 19 )

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Blandino had some interesting comments today. He guesstimates Illegal Man Downfield is called maybe 1 put of 10 times it happens, and it is almost always incidental.

Dean also believes the rule enforcement will diminish, due to the RPO offenses becoming more en vogue.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Outside of the obvious calls, there is quite a bit of judgment by refs on throwing flags. That’s all. We all saw it

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          Outside of the obvious calls, there is quite a bit of judgment by refs on throwing flags. That’s all. We all saw it
                          The lateness of the flags in our first two games is smelly as well.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X