• Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

UDFA THREAD

2015 San Diego Chargers undrafted free agents
    Eric D. Williams, ESPN San Diego Chargers reporter

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers signed 21 undrafted free agents after Saturday's draft. Here's a closer look at each player:

LB Ikechi "Chi Chi" Ariguzo, Northwestern: At 6-3 and 230 pounds, Ariguzo led the Wildcats with 104 tackles, earning All-Big Ten honorable mention honors. Ariguzo ran a 4.73-second 40-yard time at his pro day.

CB Manuel "Manny" Asprilla, Boston College: At 5-11 and 183 pounds, Asprilla is a three-year starter who finished with 70 tackles and nine pass breakups for the Eagles.

OL Ben Beckwith, Mississippi State: Beckwith is a 6-3, 306-pound guard who has experience playing center in college. He developed from a walk-on in 2013 to a first-team All-SEC selection in 2014.

DE Cameron Botticelli, Minnesota: Botticelli started all 13 games in 2014, finishing with 29 tackles -- including nine tackles for a loss -- and three sacks. The 6-5, 290-pound Botticelli was an All-Big 10 honorable mention selection.

OT Tyreek Burwell, Cincinnati: At 6-5 and 295 pounds, Burwell played in 12 games, making five starts at left guard for the Bearcats last season.

OT Cameron Clemmons, Western Kentucky: At 6-6 and 305 pounds, Clemmons played in 12 games last year for the Hilltoppers, starting three at left tackle and nine at right guard.

WR Titus Davis, Central Michigan: He joins a former teammate, safety Jahleel Addae, in San Diego. At 6-1 and 196 pounds, Davis set the all-time school record for career receiving touchdowns (37) and receiving yardage (3,700) while at Central Michigan.

LB Nick Dzubnar, Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo: Dzubnar, 6-2 and 250 pounds, finished second in tackles in the Football Championship Subdivision with 167.

RB Jahwan Edwards, Ball State: At 5-9 and 220 pounds, Edwards rushed for 1,262 yards and 12 touchdowns at Ball State. He ran a 4.80-second, 40-yard time at his pro day.

TE Eric Frohnapfel, Marshall: Fohnapfel, who is 6-7 and weighs 235 pounds, started all 14 games in 2014, finishing with 37 catches for 420 yards and five touchdowns.

LB Curtis Grant, Ohio State: At 6-3 and 238 pounds, Grant totaled 131 tackles and 3.5 sacks for the Buckeyes. Grant ran a 4.65-second, 40-yard time and posted a 36-inch vertical jump at his pro day.

LB Brock Hekking, Nevada: At 6-4 and 255 pounds, Hekking finished with 22.5 sacks and 34.5 tackles for loss during his career at Nevada.

S Gordon Hill, Sacred Heart: Hill was a three-year starter. At 6-0 and 220 pounds, he led Sacred Heart with 104 tackles and also recorded six sacks, two interceptions and two fumble recoveries in 2014.

K Josh Lambo, Texas A&M: A former goalkeeper drafted by Major League Soccer's FC Dallas, Lambo left the Aggies as the most accurate kicker in school history, making 21 of 25 field-goal attempts (83.3 percent). He had a long of 50 yards in 2014.

S Johnny Lowdermilk, Iowa: At 6-2 and 210 pounds, Lowdermilk finished with 103 tackles and three interceptions in his final season for the Hawkeyes.

OLB Ryan Mueller, Kansas State: At 6-2 and 245 pounds, Mueller was a first-team, All-Big 12 selection, totaling 40 tackles and six sacks last season.

TE Brian Parker, Albany: At 6-4 and 260 pounds, Parker recorded 39 receptions for 500 receiving yards and five touchdowns his final season with the Great Danes.

RB Dreamius Smith, West Virginia: At 6-foot and 217 pounds, Smith rushed for 451 yards and five touchdowns in 2014. He ran a 4.5-second, 40-yard time and posted a 35-inch vertical jump at his pro day.

QB Cole Stoudt, Clemson: At 6-4 and 220 pounds, Stoudt completed 63.2 percent of passes, throwing for 1,892 yards, with nine touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 2014. His father is former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Cliff Stoudt.

WR Tyrell Williams, Western Oregon: Williams finished with 56 catches for 950 yards and eight touchdowns for the Division-II Wolves in 2014. The 6-4, 204-pound Williams ran a 4.42-second 40-yard time and posted a 39-inch vertical jump at his pro day.

WR Demetrius Wilson, Arkansas: At 6-3 and 200 pounds, Wilson finished with 17 receptions for 220 yards and a touchdown in Arkansas's run-first offense. Wilson missed all of 2013 with a torn ACL in is knee.
    Last edited by Formula 21; 05-05-2015, 08:32 AM.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Gilded Pickle
    outside looking in
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Might be a good year to be a UDFA if the league decides to expand the rosters. There was talk of this earlier in the year but I'm not sure what happened on that front.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The old guys are at QB, TE, and S. I don't think there's a glaring need for a FB, I do think they will bring in OL, just because there weren't any drafted, and maybe someone out there can crack the starting line up at Guard, but there are still pending projects there too. TE was weak in this draft. Are there any edge guys that haven't already been picked (and that wasn't that deep a position in this draft either). Maybe Floyd can be a target to be usurped.

Comment

• Screeme
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ifo ekepre olomu may go undrafted... No risk signing.. Put him on the pup, let him heal up and have a first round cb next season.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
          Ifo ekepre olomu may go undrafted... No risk signing.. Put him on the pup, let him heal up and have a first round cb next season.
          Priority UDFA, maybe the #1 UDFA, he's going to get a good signing bonus.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            Priority UDFA, maybe the #1 UDFA, he's going to get a good signing bonus.
            You would think someone is gonna use a 7th on him. New Fuckin England probably.
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

It makes you wonder if his rehab is going poorly and he'll need a second operation.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I can't download to see who is available. I am in an area with poor signal. I am sure we will get a couple guys that will show some abiliies to be brought along. we have a good history of UDFA success across several regimes.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Ifo goes to the Browns
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    Ifo goes to the Browns
                    I thought the draft was over....sorry. I will look at it in the morning. derby time, Spurs/clips game 7, then fight night. We just had a huge feed of ribs, drinking mint julips, and getting ready for the race. I hit a nice trifecta earlier so will be up no matter what happens in the derby. FUN day....just wish I could have followed the draft today. Oh well, I will read about it later. Have a great one guys....

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Oh, almost post time.

Comment

• CTrout
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Sure would be great if La'el Collins name gets cleared. That sounds like a real messed up situation.

I wonder what the rules are for how much a udfa can be paid.

Comment

Working...
                        X