• Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post

You know what controls a great QB,a great Dline....Just sayin
    A great DL is a major help. NYG went on a playoff run after they drafted Pierre-Paul and Linval Joseph in '10.
    LAC is pretty stout on DL too. Should be fun!

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

You guys rebuilt oline will be truly tested to have to start the season with arguably the best front in football.We can create pass rush without blitzing which allows us to drop our LB's into coverage,that is huge when going up against a very good QB.Our oline is very physical in the run game I think you guys will be surprised how we run the ball against your front 7,which will allow fitz to throw deep early and often.

Obviously the game will be determined on who controls the line of scrimmage the best,and turnovers will be key of course also.It will be a good test for both teams can't wait till gameday..
      Staley saw the physical WFT oline last year up close in action last year. Your offense ran the ball for an impressive total of 39 yards and 10 total points against his D.
      It was a home game for you guys.

Your D was picked apart by a far lesser qb in Jared Goff: maybe you should have dropped Chase Young in coverage.

Don't you think Staley analyzed that game tape extensively for this years game plan?
      Maybe Ron Rivera can prepare WFT by going over tape of his Carolina Panther's shellacking of Mike McCoy's Chargers in 2016?

You are way too confident; I wouldn't be if i were you Redskin1.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        That’s assuming that preseason means anything anymore.
        ...And that Staley, Lombardi, Smith & Sarrett can't get an OL with 2021's top LOT 1st rd pick (the one with a history of dominating Chase Young), 2021's #1 ranked starting C and 3 decent starting vets prepared in practice.
        It's a fair test of Staley's preseason theory.
        In any event it's a plus to go to Was with healthy LAC starters across the board.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

You guys rebuilt oline will be truly tested to have to start the season with arguably the best front in football.We can create pass rush without blitzing which allows us to drop our LB's into coverage,that is huge when going up against a very good QB.Our oline is very physical in the run game I think you guys will be surprised how we run the ball against your front 7,which will allow fitz to throw deep early and often.

Obviously the game will be determined on who controls the line of scrimmage the best,and turnovers will be key of course also.It will be a good test for both teams can't wait till gameday..
          I love seeing LBs drop into coverage. That’s free yards IMO.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• DragonIce
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2021
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

You know what controls a great QB,a great Dline....Just sayin
            Your top d-line really bottled up Brady, didn't it? Barely managed 380 passing yards.
            Last edited by DragonIce; 08-29-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Redskins1
              Registered Redskin Fan
              • Aug 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Your top d-line really bottled up Brady, didn't it? Barely managed 380 yards.
              Well we are about to play against herbert I dont think he is at Bradys level yet..Atleast I hope not...

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Well we are about to play against herbert I dont think he is at Bradys level yet..Atleast I hope not...
                Herbert is easily more mobile, stronger arm. They're both smart, hardworking. Brady is way ahead in experience.

Comment

• Redskins1
                  Registered Redskin Fan
                  • Aug 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Herbert is easily more mobile, stronger arm. They're both smart, hardworking. Brady is way ahead in experience.
                  Experience is the difference..If we can get to herbert I believe we win the game..

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Staley saw the physical WFT oline last year up close in action last year. Your offense ran the ball for an impressive total of 39 yards and 10 total points against his D.
                    It was a home game for you guys.

Your D was picked apart by a far lesser qb in Jared Goff: maybe you should have dropped Chase Young in coverage.

Don't you think Staley analyzed that game tape extensively for this years game plan?
                    Maybe Ron Rivera can prepare WFT by going over tape of his Carolina Panther's shellacking of Mike McCoy's Chargers in 2016?

You are way too confident; I wouldn't be if i were you Redskin1.
                    LAR Defensive coordinator Staley got a good look at last year's W FT when his D held them to 10 points while LAR O put up 30..
                    LAC HC Staley is going to Was with a better QB & receivers, similar D. We got a shot.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Experience is the difference..If we can get to herbert I believe we win the game..
                      Last year he was better under pressure than in a clean pocket. He got lots of experience with our crap 2020 OL. Lots of pressure is not what we want but JH is way above avg when it happens.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Herbert = Rookie-of-the-year, over Chase. But he's still youthful in a new offense.

Brady has more experience but Justin has some great wheels on him, size, and surprising athleticism.

It seems logical to expect that both Chase and Justin will only get better. It's an intriguing match-up.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Never know what you will get with Fitz. He can be great or straight awful. Just need to get pressure on him.
                          We'll see how it goes.

I won't predict but the Washington team now with the college helmets isn't a scary team. But they do have a good DL. Still a losing record last season.

Btw, when are they going to rename them?
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-30-2021, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X