• Show
Clear All
  • DragonIce
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2021
    • Arizona
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Redskins1 View Post
    Man stop bringing facts into my thread,who ask ya? Lol..keep it coming!!
    Can't say this for certain but my hunch looking at the numbers:
    Gibson rarely got great blocking up front (Washington did win trenches in two Dal games, Cinci)

What's your recollection of the o-line job their last year?

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
      Our O-line probably stinks. It has for the past 3-5 years, so why would that change?

New players? sure. But we haven't seen them yet, really.

Thing is... it doesn't even need to be Good. Just Average is a HUGE step up. Average line play last year, and they are in the playoffs.
      True that we, the fans, haven’t seen our full new OL perform together yet. We haven’t been able, me at least, to see practices. This is where, according to Staley, that the real sausage is being made.
      We can take solace in the facts/evidence of…..
      1) Slater performed well in lone series of 20 snaps.
      2) Feiler was powerful in the run game and solid in passpro in his few snaps.
      3) Abushi wasn’t perfect but showed balance, physicality, and grip strength in his limited PSG reps.
      4) 2/5 of our starting OL took no snaps in PSGs because they’re established vets that don’t need PS reps.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Redskins1
        Registered Redskin Fan
        • Aug 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Can't say this for certain but my hunch looking at the numbers:
        Gibson rarely got great blocking up front (Washington did win trenches in two Dal games, Cinci)

What's your recollection of the o-line job their last year?
        My oline was average last year,they were very good run blockers slightly below average in pass blocking.I think the issue's with pass blocking was due to no stability at QB they had to adjust way to much.

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

My oline was average last year,they were very good run blockers slightly below average in pass blocking.I think the issue's with pass blocking was due to no stability at QB they had to adjust way to much.
          Did they upgrade their oline in the offseason? Does WFT get any top players back from major injury?

Comment

• Redskins1
            Registered Redskin Fan
            • Aug 2021
            • Send PM

Did they upgrade their oline in the offseason? Does WFT get any top players back from major injury?
            We picked up a couple of free agent that anchor down the left side of our,and 1 lineman that missed his rookie season due to injury.
            we have just 2 lineman starters returning from last year...I feel good about the changes but obviously we have to see how it works out..

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

We picked up a couple of free agent that anchor down the left side of our,and 1 lineman that missed his rookie season due to injury.
              we have just 2 lineman starters returning from last year...I feel good about the changes but obviously we have to see how it works out..
              Yeah, looking at the offseason I suspect the biggest moves were Fitz, who I think should bring some improvements to passing game, and now McLaurin isn't the only pass threat defenses fear. With Curtis Samuel, Humphrey's and Dyami Brown they can push it downfield. That is of course, when not going against our gang.

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Going to be interesting with our rookie LT and revamped OL vs the WFT's pass rush and stout secondary. I expect heavy involvement for Eckler in the pass game vs WFT's line backers.

Comment

• Redskins1
                  Registered Redskin Fan
                  • Aug 2021
                  • Send PM

Yeah, looking at the offseason I suspect the biggest moves were Fitz, who I think should bring some improvements to passing game, and now McLaurin isn't the only pass threat defenses fear. With Curtis Samuel, Humphrey's and Dyami Brown they can push it downfield. That is of course, when not going against our gang.
                  Our team speed on offense has gotten even more dangerous this season,the skill positions are loaded...Your chargers better get pressure consistently on fitz,or it will be a long day for you guys....

Comment

• DragonIce
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Arizona
                    • Send PM

Our team speed on offense has gotten even more dangerous this season,the skill positions are loaded...Your chargers better get pressure consistently on fitz,or it will be a long day for you guys....
                    Fitz giveth then he taketh away.

And yes, the heat will be on. One play it will come from all-pro Bosa, then a safety blitz spearheaded by all-pro Derwin James. Then it's a line stunt. Then...wait, what's Bosa doing over there!? Later in the game Fitz will say to himself, "OK. this I recognize, seen this blitz look before". But in half a blink 3 of the guys pressing the line drop into coverage, swamping any quick reads. Pick Six. Chum is in the water...feeding frenzy commences.

Meanwhile your pass rush will get close, but won't close the deal. Not often enough. Aerial assaults will carpet bomb your secondary.

The memo goes out to the league Sept 12: Staley has arrived. Herbert's power grows. The Bolts are a force. It's nothing personal...just that your team is standing in our way, and (as nice a guy as you may be) we won't permit that.
                    Last edited by DragonIce; 09-02-2021, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

And yes, the heat will be on. One play it will come from all-pro Bosa, another play a safety blitz spearheaded by all-pro Derwin James. Then it's a line stunt. Then...wait, what's Bosa doing over there!? Later in the game Fitz will say to himself, "OK. this I do recognize, I've seen this blitz look before". Only problem is that 3 of the guys pressing the line will drop into coverage, swamping any quick reads. Pick Six. Chum is in the water...feeding frenzy commences.

Meanwhile your pass rush will get close, but won't close the deal. Not often enough. Aerial assaults will carpet bomb your secondary.

The memo goes out to the league Sept 12: Staley has arrived. Herbert's power grows. The Bolts are a force.

It's nothing personal...just that your team is standing in our way, and (as nice a guy as you may be) we won't permit that.
                      Asante will need 2 pics to stay ahead of Rumph in the DROY derby. Or one P6.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

How the hell did Ron Rivera not get appointed head coach of the Chargers way back? I suppose because that’s all he was, a great defensive coordinator, but not HC material by the Sponos’.The WFT is favored to win the East this year in that conference.

Comment

• Redskins1
                          Registered Redskin Fan
                          • Aug 2021
                          • Send PM

And yes, the heat will be on. One play it will come from all-pro Bosa, then a safety blitz spearheaded by all-pro Derwin James. Then it's a line stunt. Then...wait, what's Bosa doing over there!? Later in the game Fitz will say to himself, "OK. this I recognize, seen this blitz look before". But in half a blink 3 of the guys pressing the line drop into coverage, swamping any quick reads. Pick Six. Chum is in the water...feeding frenzy commences.

The memo goes out to the league Sept 12: Staley has arrived. Herbert's power grows. The Bolts are a force. It's nothing personal...just that your team is standing in our way, and (as nice a guy as you may be) we won't permit that.
                          Hey is this Renaldo Hill ? Lol

Comment

Working...
                          X