• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltFan4Life
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2021
    • Send PM

Season Perspective: A Year In Review

As the pre-season winds down, I think it’s time to check the schedule and predict what our record will be. From the looks of things, we have a fun season in store. A play-making defense and balanced offensive attack will define this season. Could this finally be the year our Bolts win the title?

We start off the season versus two of the NFC Least’s top teams. Both games will be a battle of contrasting styles but our versatility will lead to a 2-0 start. To start off, we will be in a defensive battle against arguably the best defense in the league the WFT. Despite a probable slugfest, we have the better of two quarterbacks so this will be a W. I expect the next week to be a totally different game. In a probable shootout, I expect our defense to get the most stops against Dallas.

Week 3 is where our first real challenge of the season will come. On the road versus the reigning AFC champ KC Chiefs, I expect to lose in a shootout. At 2-1, I expect a bounce back performance against the Raiders to avoid going 0-2 in divisional play. In the next 2 games, we play the Ravens and Browns two of the AFC North’s elite teams. This will introduce us into a tough stretch of the schedule. I am confident we will split these 2 games and become 4-2 on the season.

Our next 3 games are all against non-playoff teams from last season. I predict we go 2-1 in this stretch, losing only to the revamped Patriots. Justin Herbert and a stout defense will be too much to handle for the Eagles and Vikings. At the mid-way point of the season, we are 6-3.

Two of our next 3 games are against the rest of the vaunted AFC North. I expect going 2-1 in this stretch, only losing a divisional road game to our rival Broncos. Entering the last quarter of the season ​​​, this would put us at a comfortable 8-4. Now is when I believe, the team will come into their own and make a run.

I expect the Bolts to defeat each of their next four opponents. A revenge win against the chiefs will headline this catapult into playoff contention. Heading into our last game, I expect we will be resting our starters. This will result in a 12-5 finish entering the playoffs. Hopefully that will be enough for a number one seeding. After that, who knows what could happen? Is this the year?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BoltFan4Life; 08-26-2021, 05:23 PM.
  • Eurobolt
    *** Jim Harbaugh ***
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

As long JH playing we have a chance in every game.

Game after game then we will see.

Can season please start now.

Comment

• Tol
      From Accounting
      • Mar 2019
      • Carlsbad
      • Send PM

We have to run a gauntlet to start the season. Need at least 3 wins before entering the bye. Imagine things going wrong and being 0-6. Could still turn things around and finish 10-7. Staying healthy and playing good special teams will be key. There's enough talent on the roster to be competitive in every game. Just need to step on the opponents neck when we have a lead in the 4th.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Week one will be huge...... some may think Washington is not a great team but they are loaded defensively, and have talent on offense too and Fitz can throw 5 pics or 5 TD's on any given sunday......

The big question is how the Chargers will start out the season?..... since we have started flat week one every year since marty was coach.....Marty was horrible at managing games against good teams, but he was great at getting the team ready for week one, and his teams almost always beat bad teams.....

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

Not really a season review, more a preview or prediction but yeah I can get on board with 12-13 wins.

I have a ton of excitement and anticicipation for this season with Coach looking like a super star, Herbert's potential, free agent o-line upgrades, Derwins health, and a great looking rookie class.

I am mostly just worried about special teams and like every year injuries.
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Redskins1
            Registered Redskin Fan
            • Aug 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            Week one will be huge...... some may think Washington is not a great team but they are loaded defensively, and have talent on offense too and Fitz can throw 5 pics or 5 TD's on any given sunday......

The big question is how the Chargers will start out the season?..... since we have started flat week one every year since marty was coach.....Marty was horrible at managing games against good teams, but he was great at getting the team ready for week one, and his teams almost always beat bad teams.....
            I concur totally with your take on your week 1 challenge....

Comment

• Maniaque 6
              French Speaking Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Québec city
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              Not really a season review, more a preview or prediction but yeah I can get on board with 12-13 wins.

I have a ton of excitement and anticicipation for this season with Coach looking like a super star, Herbert's potential, free agent o-line upgrades, Derwins health, and a great looking rookie class.

I am mostly just worried about special teams and like every year injuries.
              If the Chargers get all that, I'm with you with 12-5.

Comment

Working...
              X