• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Staley said he wasn't going to see any pre season action. I think he'll get some time despite what he says.
    Nope. Staley is big on keeping his word.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
      I see why Staley is holding our top paid older players. Id like herb to have a quarter or two but i suppose he can get enough practice reps. Derwin id def pull out and our older ol vets makes sense…health is more important than game play that doesn't matter. Suprised Bosa not listed.
      That stood out to me also. He may have some work he'd like to practice vs someone who isn't a Charger. I'll be watching him. Doubt he'll play much.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

I’d be shocked to see Bosa play in any of the pre-season games.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

That stood out to me also. He may have some work he'd like to practice vs someone who isn't a Charger. I'll be watching him. Doubt he'll play much.
          lots of reps coming this week versus non chargers in the two scrimmages versus the niners.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
            I think Denver we could sweep but qb situation is still unknown there. Bridge is the better qb but still was not much better than an average qb. To me its the defense that i recall caving last year when it mattered and ST blunders. If we fix the D then we have a good chance at the sweep.

Faiders i cant gage well. Blew up their OL and i dont think their D is very stout. Similar situation if Staleys D csn play 4 quarters then we can really push them to at least splitting games.

bottom line is we were competitive with the best teams last year but 1 game and that was with the worst pass blocking OL, 3 quarters of a defense, an awful ST situation and a head coach that was below avg on game day at managing games. We lost so many close games and I see Staleys influence on D alone can flip 1/2 those losses if he holds true to his D performance with his philosophies applied to a talented on paper D. We could be the cinderella team this year…guaranteed no way but on paper we have a big opportunity to take the next step up this year.
            Staley's influence or scheme alone isn't just going to be the difference. The acquisitions he made to the roster have to pan out. This team was bad or weak in certain areas on the defense, they didn't have good depth which is the reason for the late game failures. It wasn't just the coaching that caused those failures. The additions to this team Staley has added seems to be better and the talent may be better with them.

The O-line seems to have improved big time. But will they deliver? After the starters, it gets concerning. Trey Pipkins seems like a project player after all.

On special teams, it depends which phase you're talking about. The team has been good on punt returns. The coverage unit is a big concern other than the kicking game. They've been okay with field goal blocking.

Comment

Working...
            X