Clear All
  • G-Money
    Trojan4Life Fight on!
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Marcus Mariotta....

Charger Bros:
    I hope all is well.
    Marcus Mariotta has brought me back to the Forum...
    What do we know?
    Rivers for a #2?
    I know he's a duck and I'm all USC but I would love it if we started over with Mariotta and built a team around him.
    G
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Ain't gonna happen.

1. Stadium year push and Chargers need a great year. Trading Rivers would cause the fanbase to revolt as it gives the public perception that the Chargers are moving to LA.
    2. Would require Rivers signing a new contract with the new team making a draft day trade very tricky.
    3. A pre-draft trade could leave the Chargers in trouble if Mariota goes #1.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Id rather have Petty over Mariota.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If the Chargers move to LA wouldn't they want a UCLA or USC QB?

Sanchez? Huntley?

Go Rivers!

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          Ain't gonna happen.

1. Stadium year push and Chargers need a great year. Trading Rivers would cause the fanbase to revolt as it gives the public perception that the Chargers are moving to LA.
          2. Would require Rivers signing a new contract with the new team making a draft day trade very tricky.
          3. A pre-draft trade could leave the Chargers in trouble if Mariota goes #1.
          1. And what does the fact that Rivers will not sign an extension with us do to the fan base - in regards to a city vote to procure funds for a new stadium?
          2. They wouldn't necessarily have to make a deal on draft day if they felt the players available - other than Mariota - would have enough value in the opinion of the Chargers.

I don't know if Rivers will be dealt for certain but I do find it interesting that TT hasn't stated he will not trade Rivers. That to me leaves the window open. And why not deal him if you're only going to have one more season with Rivers and he plainly has indicated that he doesn't want to be here beyond next season. We know this for now. And do you really want to risk getting nothing in return?
          Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 03-19-2015, 04:19 PM.
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Id rather have Petty over Mariota.
            I'd rather deal with it next year., if push comes to shove. This is a VERY weak QB year. Petty???? Really? I see him as maybe a backup.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
              1. And what does the fact that Rivers will not sign an extension with us do to the fan base - in regards to a city vote to procure funds for a new stadium?
              2. They wouldn't necessarily have to make a deal on draft day if they felt the players available - other than Mariota - would have enough value in the opinion of the Chargers.

I don't know if Rivers will be dealt for certain but I do find it interesting that TT hasn't stated he will not trade Rivers. That to me leaves the window open. And why not deal him if you're only going to have one more season with Rivers and he plainly has indicated that he doesn't want to be here beyond next season. We know this for now. And do you really want to risk getting nothing in return?
              Why would we get nothing? there are Franchise tags for that. Heck even the non-exclusive means we get two first round picks if he decides to move elsewhere.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                I'd rather deal with it next year., if push comes to shove. This is a VERY weak QB year. Petty???? Really? I see him as maybe a backup.
                What you disagree with me? Nah. lol

Yea ive seen him make a lot of Sunday throws. I think he will start eventually. Hes a smart qb. My point was that i would rather take a development guy over Mariota. I just dont think he is going to be special.

Mannion is another guy i like.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  What you disagree with me? Nah. lol

Yea ive seen him make a lot of Sunday throws. I think he will start eventually. Hes a smart qb. My point was that i would rather take a development guy over Mariota. I just dont think he is going to be special.

Mannion is another guy i like.
                  LOL....

I like Mannion more than Petty. I am not a big fan of any QBs in this draft.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

All the QBs in the draft suck ass.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      LOL....

I like Mannion more than Petty. I am not a big fan of any QBs in this draft.
                      I hate even having to think about it now. Looking forward i think Hackenberg is the best on the horizon. Cardale Jones intrigues me as a pocket passer that can also run.

I stated a few days ago that the QB position dosnt look bright on the future. College teams are running spread out mobile offenses these days so the Lucks of the world will be very rare. I think running the ball will start to become really important for teams as the leagues big guns start to retire.

Comment

• JDA21
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

agree with Panamamike, not sure what you see in Petty...he is a system QB and quite a project.

Comment

Working...
                        X