• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Enough with hiring assistant coaches. This franchise can't pick them for shit.

The ONLY time this franchise has had success is when they picked a former HC.

If they don't even try to TALK to Harbaugh this off-season it will be gross malfeasance of the highest degree.
    Great minds think alike - just responded to you in the other thread about the success for the Spanii Chargers has been when they hire experienced head coaches

Harbaugh is right at the top of that list.

Even guys like Quinn, Schwartz and Raheem Morris -- all I would put ahead of newby coordinator types.

I saw somebody mention Bobby Slowik for his work with Stroud in Houston and thought - you got to be kidding me - 6 games - what the eff has he proved other than the Texans might not suck. Sure, he should be a head coach

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Enough with hiring assistant coaches. This franchise can't pick them for shit.

The ONLY time this franchise has had success is when they picked a former HC.

If they don't even try to TALK to Harbaugh this off-season it will be gross malfeasance of the highest degree.
      Been banging this drum for years. To be clear, there are many DC's and OC's who become successful HC's in this league. The Chargers just cannot identify them.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He truly is ruining the players. HIs arrogance is on full display. He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room

I don't think he is using the talent in the right way obviously. Dumb it down, change it, do whatever - but a good coach, not a good talker, but a good "teacher of football" would throw out whatever is not working to figure out what is working

Give Mike McCoy and John Fox credit with Tebow - McCoy said they dumped everything halfway through the year to focus on the skills Tebow had
        I wish Staley would do that - dump what is not working and go back to the basics
        At this point, I'd be more comfortable having the defensive players go without aDC or HC calling their plays. Let them do it themselves and play the way they want to. It couldn't be worse.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Been banging this drum for years. To be clear, there are many DC's and OC's who become successful HC's in this league. The Chargers just cannot identify them.
          You are exactly right. They cannot identify them - partyly as the owners are terrible.

Here is a link to the Chargers coaches... post Coryell,. A lot of first timers under the Spanii. The successful coaches were not first time head coaches. Yet, they continue to hit themselves in the face and if I had to wager, and they let Staley go, hire a young GM, he will hire a young HC and the process will repeat itself

Chargers Coaching History | Los Angeles Chargers - chargers.com​

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We scored 10 points in the second half of the Cowboy game.

Herbert, like the entire team, needs to play better. He is not close to the biggest issue and the Herbert is broken talk is weak hyperbole.
            Yeah I missed one TD against Dallas. Still 10 points in the second half of 3 games is pretty bad. Herbert has been the biggest issue in the last
            3 games. It could be because Linsey is missing or his broken finger is bothering him. But no question if Herbert had played better we would not
            be sitting at 2-4. Should have won the Titans game and that was before Linsey and the broken finger. It just hasn't been his year.

The entire team will not play better until Staley is gone. Cracks are already appearing among his players who are not on the same page.
            The number 1 problem with our defense is Staley.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Ouch.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Ouch.

I truly am not sure how "talented" the Chargers are individually - but the coaching by Staley, since he is the DC - is bottom of the league terrible

Its not working and he continues to do the same thing. Sunday should be a two score win, victory formation, all of that. and somehow, Staley will keep it a close game

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Everybody that foamed about Bellicheat needs to read about Harbaughs sign stealing.

Now that he’s burned the Michigan program to the ground, I say no way, I’d hire him.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
                    Everybody that foamed about Bellicheat needs to read about Harbaughs sign stealing.

Now that he’s burned the Michigan program to the ground, I say no way, I’d hire him.
                    He burned the program to the ground? They are undefeated and ranked second in the country. There are allegations some staff stole some sign and nothing other than that yet. I'll wait until the NCAA finds them guilty of anything and major sanctions before proclaiming anything like that. And if it got him here in place of Staley I'd overlook it in a heartbeat!

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

He burned the program to the ground? They are undefeated and ranked second in the country. There are allegations some staff stole some sign and nothing other than that yet. I'll wait until the NCAA finds them guilty of anything and major sanctions before proclaiming anything like that. And if it got him here in place of Staley I'd overlook it in a heartbeat!
                      Sure. As long as the cheating is for my team. LOL

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Sure. As long as the cheating is for my team. LOL
                        There is no proof that he actually had any knowledge of this so I'll wait to hear anything definitive before passing judgement.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Harbaugh has won everywhere. He is a proven program building

He would be a slam dunk hire. He would have a good staff in place and the team would be better prepared

The Spanii hired a strong leader once in Marty - doubt they have the balls to do it again. I mean, what it get them, the best regular season team in franchise history (arguably). Nope, can't have that.

But sure, lets hire Johnny Newby who is good with power points and won't cost a lot of money as his assistants will also be cheap

Comment

Working...
                          X