• Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Harbaugh is the only proven, experienced winner that would make a significant change to the Charger culture. Anything else, is again, just hoping for something to improve.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Is the question who do we want OR who do we think?

Who we want: Would be Harbaugh
      Who we think: Would be Other
      interesting point. i guess it is more what we think will happen. i bring this up because i have a sinking feeling of what we are going to end up with (other).

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I would chose A as my first choice if it's with a new GM. But since I don't see Spanos opening the checkbook, I pick D which gets me a new GM but keeps Herbert in same system. After that is C other if it means a new GM. And then BB is last.
        Critty's worst nightmare would be the Chargers firing Staley, hiring Belichick and retaining Telesco.

There could only possibly be one worse scenario than that.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Critty's worst nightmare would be the Chargers firing Staley, hiring Belichick and retaining Telesco.

There could only possibly be one worse scenario than that.
          IMO, there's no worst scenario than that.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

You’re joking right?

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2023
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Belichick hoisting the Lombardi Trophy with the gushing school girlish Telesco by his side.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                we need a poll for this stuff. where is topcat? we need people to commit their pick, rather than just talking about it. :-)

A. Harbaugh
                B. Belichick
                C. Other
                D. Critty special (Staley stays and takes over as GM)
                Are we supposed to vote for what we WANT to happen? Or what we THINK will happen in the real world? Because if that's the case 'Other' wins in a landslide . . . . . . . . . . no need for a poll

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

"We are a good football team. You've seen how well we played for 3 quarters!" - Mike McCoy

Not certain why Critty is down on Mike McCoy, but imagines the SS Staley, that barnacle clad barge at the bottom of the lagoon, is salvageable.

McCoy was the better head coach.
                  But McCoy didn't spin better . . . . . . . . . . . . Staley is world class at BS. Dude's probably going to be president some day . . . . . .

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

"We are a good football team. You've seen how well we played for 3 quarters!" - Mike McCoy

Not certain why Critty is down on Mike McCoy, but imagines the SS Staley, that barnacle clad barge at the bottom of the lagoon, is salvageable.

McCoy was the better head coach.
                    I thought Rivers and Gates years with McCoy along with Allen, Ingram, Gordon, Philips, etc. were bad football. Penalties, bad special teams,.Rivers clapping like crazy to get the snap off then throwing it up for grabs. 9 wins max under.McCoy was Rivers. Lynn came in and fixed some of that bad football. Went 12-4 with Rivers. So yeah, after 4-12, then 5-11 year 3 and 4, was so done with McCoy.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I thought Rivers and Gates years with McCoy along with Allen, Ingram, Gordon, Philips, etc. were bad football. Penalties, bad special teams,.Rivers clapping like crazy to get the snap off then throwing it up for grabs. 9 wins max under.McCoy was Rivers. Lynn came in and fixed some of that bad football. Went 12-4 with Rivers. So yeah, after 4-12, then 5-11 year 3 and 4, was so done with McCoy.
                      Lynn came in and went 9 - 7 that first year, it was a playoff quality team because they finally fixed the center position bringing in Pouncey.
                      Then, Pouncey went downhill and Lynn did a nose dive.

Remember the centers under McCoy? They fared well with Hardwick's backup, and then when the backups to the backup piled on, they suffered.
                      McCoy was the only head coach who was able to tread water with a backup center starting.
                      ​
                      Then, in the penultimate McCoy year, they brought in some guy who was a vet guard who played a bit of center in the past - the Telesco special.

The Chargers under Telesco have surged and faded based on whether they have a quality center: Hardwick / McCoy, Pouncey / Lynn, Staley / Linsley.
                      The exception is that Staley never got anything accomplished with a healthy Linsley.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Are we supposed to vote for what we WANT to happen? Or what we THINK will happen in the real world? Because if that's the case 'Other' wins in a landslide . . . . . . . . . . no need for a poll
                        I had not given it a lot of thought. I was just wondering if people really thought Harbaugh was coming, or just wanted him. I guess the two answers could be loaded into one poll. for example:

A. want: Harbaugh think: Harbaugh
                        B. want: Harbaugh think: Belichick
                        C. want: Harbaugh think: other

D. want: Belichick think: Belichick
                        D. want: Belichick think: Harbaugh
                        E. want: Belichick think: other

F. want: other think: other
                        G. Critty Special (Staley stays and becomes GM)

I was hoping Topcat or one of the poll guys would see this. I don't know how to make a poll. it was just a suggestion.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

I had not given it a lot of thought. I was just wondering if people really thought Harbaugh was coming, or just wanted him. I guess the two answers could be loaded into one poll. for example:

A. want: Harbaugh think: Harbaugh
                          B. want: Harbaugh think: Belichick
                          C. want: Harbaugh think: other

D. want: Belichick think: Belichick
                          D. want: Belichick think: Harbaugh
                          E. want: Belichick think: other

F. want: other think: other
                          G. Critty Special (Staley stays and becomes GM)

I was hoping Topcat or one of the poll guys would see this. I don't know how to make a poll. it was just a suggestion.
                          I dont think a poll is needed. Harbaugh would win easily as a want for us over BB.

Dean gonna give us somebody else for 4 mil a season. If he doesnt fire Telesco then he is telling us he doesnt want to win. TT HAS to go. 11 years of mediocrity with a losing record.

Comment

Working...
                          X