• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Baobao View Post
    I don't understand this love for Belichick. He is NOT the greatest coach ever, he is not even mediocre. He rode Bradys coattails. He failed with Cleveland and he is failing now. And don't blame it on personnel- he is the GM, too, and built this team. There is a reason no one from his coaching tree has been successful.
    Belichick the GM is why the Pats now are bad. Belichick the coach is still elite.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Staley just has too many catastrophic moments on his defense to be retained. Going back to last years Jacksonville game giving up a 27 point lead in a half.

He’d played the chiefs 4 times in 2 years and came out this year and in one half of football let Kelce run wild and Mahomes throw for over 300 in a half. That’s just not NFL caliber coaching and it can’t happen.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The going rate for Harbaugh would be like 20mil/Year. A new GM would be at least 5mil per year. And I would think the deals would be at least 4years.
        Currently I think Telesco is 3mil and Staley 4mil.
        So Spanos eating 7mil and then spending 25mil/y over 4 years. Commiting 100mil to new GM/HC seem massively unlikely.
        They would need to sell to Bezos to spend like that on GM/HC.

So my unconventional hideous idea is 100 percent behind
        Staley. He buys his own groceries. Telesco is fired. 1 year more for Brandon, he gets year 4 with his rookie class who are seniors now. It's last year of his contract anyway so he is certainly on the hot seat,. especially with the GM title added. Get cooking Brandon. I'm hungry.
        You’re gonna starve Critty. Rip

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’re gonna starve Critty. Rip
          By Staley buying the groceries?
          I'd be fine if Staley is placed in charge of the cafeteria and player's meals at Charger park .... he's not proven yet to be inept at that.

Prove his competence at this low level managerial position and let him work his way up to GM someday.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Belichick the GM is why the Pats now are bad. Belichick the coach is still elite.
            THIS . . . . . . . . . 1,000 times

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Very good article.
              Aggressive free agent signings and draft picks haven’t worked out, and now the team is 4-7 and likely out of the playoff hunt. It’s time to look to the future. There’s just one problem: It won’t include a quarterback on a rookie contract.

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'm trying to scrub any and all hope from my psyche of going after Harbaugh. I don't think I could handle the heartbreak. Be fitting if he lands with the Raiders though, and cements our loser status for another decade.

Dan Quinn is kind of our ceiling to shoot for.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  I'm trying to scrub any and all hope from my psyche of going after Harbaugh. I don't think I could handle the heartbreak. Be fitting if he lands with the Raiders though, and cements our loser status for another decade.

Read something today that the Panthers and Bears are supposedly going to go hard after him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

I'm reading Mark Davis wanted to bring back Gruden if he is cleared of this scandel.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Read something today that the Panthers and Bears are supposedly going to go hard after him.
                      K.C. went hard after Andy Reid some 3 - 4 Charger head coaches ago.
                      Chief executives flew out to meet him in Philly.

Imagine Dean Spanos doing that.

Comment

• Go Chargers go
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2023
                        • Send PM

With the amount of draft picks he hordes he should easily be able to fix the QB position. That their biggest issues

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm reading Mark Davis wanted to bring back Gruden if he is cleared of this scandel.
                          LOL...interesting...then they can later on trade Chucky away for some more draft picks...

Comment

Working...
                          X