• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

So, some Chiefs fans/media where mentioning how in the 2nd half when Chargers went 3 and out punt. That Chargers had great looks and play calls. But didn't execute and let a KC defender wreck the play. Seriously. Chargers 3rd and 3 run should have been an easy 1st down and possibly a huge chunk play or housecall if blocked better. Literally these guys are saying Chargers had to love three 3rd down play calls they dialed up vs Chiefs. Link below.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have zero faith in him

This Sunday is going to be a close one score game - because that is how Staley coaches football - one score games
      I posted this in another thread, but it belongs here...

Part of the problem with Staley (maybe the biggest problem): He's not a leader, he doesn't inspire. He's this nerdy accountant-like HC, touchy feely to a fault, with an over-complicated defense that doesn't work and, for some odd reason, he refuses to alter. On this team, the lunatics run the asylum.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Part of the problem with Staley (maybe the biggest problem): He's not a leader, he doesn't inspire. He's this nerdy accountant-like HC, touchy feely to a fault, with an over-complicated defense that doesn't work and, for some odd reason, he refuses to alter. On this team, the lunatics run the asylum.
        Every year that goes by -- Marty gains my respect more and more. And yes, I understand the playoff losses (that Saturday night in the rain agfainst the Jets, and that Sunday with the best regular season team in history against the Patriots) - but Marty was a teacher of football

Marty for the most part didn't wear a headset - he just had that plastic play sheet in his pants, walking around, talking to players, talking to the refs

"WE - two little letters men. WE - W and E. Powerful! Powerful Men"
        "There's a gleam men, a gleam"
        "Thats why you are going to the f**king Hall of Fame Kid" - to Montana as he ran to the sidelines

So I have no clue who that kind of teacher first - plus comminicator and mentor and motivator. So who that guy is - have no clue. But find that guy that teach the players and prepare the players

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Maybe the bar is low at ESPN but I think Kimes is one of their better "analysts"

That said, the bar is pretty low as most of the analysts on ESPN and NFLN are pretty horrible
          Doesn't mean she knows football. Means she has contacts who tell her things. I do like her though.

I think Cynthia is an idiot and she is on TV talking draft and predicting who will win. Couldn't tell you anything about a defensive scheme or how to run a route. Neither can Mina

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Every year that goes by -- Marty gains my respect more and more. And yes, I understand the playoff losses (that Saturday night in the rain agfainst the Jets, and that Sunday with the best regular season team in history against the Patriots) - but Marty was a teacher of football

Marty for the most part didn't wear a headset - he just had that plastic play sheet in his pants, walking around, talking to players, talking to the refs

"WE - two little letters men. WE - W and E. Powerful! Powerful Men"
            "There's a gleam men, a gleam"
            "Thats why you are going to the f**king Hall of Fame Kid" - to Montana as he ran to the sidelines

So I have no clue who that kind of teacher first - plus comminicator and mentor and motivator. So who that guy is - have no clue. But find that guy that teach the players and prepare the players
            Maybe but Mike McDaniel is a total new age football nerd and he is doing some geeky stuff that is rocking, he is also far from your hard edged football coach.

He does seem way more laid back and less arrogant than Staley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Maybe but Mike McDaniel is a total new age football nerd and he is doing some geeky stuff that is rocking, he is also far from your hard edged football coach.

Good point about McDaniel - well both point
              And yhes, he doesn't take himself seriously at all. Eisen had that bet with him at the NFL Combine to say "three cliches" in his press conference and he did it.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Miami's defense stinks. McDaniel maybe a great X and Os guy, but not such a great HC.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  So, some Chiefs fans/media where mentioning how in the 2nd half when Chargers went 3 and out punt. That Chargers had great looks and play calls. But didn't execute and let a KC defender wreck the play. Seriously. Chargers 3rd and 3 run should have been an easy 1st down and possibly a huge chunk play or housecall if blocked better. Literally these guys are saying Chargers had to love three 3rd down play calls they dialed up vs Chiefs. Link below.

https://x.com/jessenewell/status/171...813277237?s=20
                  Just watched the first segment .... the so-called failed block of Zion on Nick Bolton.
                  They said Nick Bolton defeated the scheme and Zion was not suppose to peal off of the double so quickly, but should have worked his way up the field.

Why continue if you did not adequately convey their attitude about the first 3rd & 3?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                    Chargers Hall of Fame
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Part of the problem with Staley (maybe the biggest problem): He's not a leader, he doesn't inspire. He's this nerdy accountant-like HC,

touchy feely to a fault, with an over-complicated defense that doesn't work and, for some odd reason, he refuses to alter. On this team, the lunatics run the asylum.
                    For the first part, not sure that matters. McDaniels in Miami is this oddball nerdy type. But he's just so good at scheming an offense. Staley's problem is he doesn't seem to mold a D to his guys strengths. He tries to mold the guys to his D. And, if he can't, he dumps them and brings in others who, of course, can't do it either.

As for the "touchy-feely" part, possibly this. I mean, Pete Carroll is this, but gets the job done. But I think Staley's problem is he allows the vets to dictate things. He softened his practices (which is a HUGE problem in my mind). He doesn't seem to override vets who are gimpy but want to play. He starts a vet who is underperforming when he could, possibly, start a younger and better player.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Miami's defense stinks. McDaniel maybe a great X and Os guy, but not such a great HC.
                      Isn't Fangio running Miami's D? I'm beginning to wonder if the "Fangio-system" has been figured out and is now, overrated. And Staley, being a Fangio disciple, doesn't truly know how to adapt. Or, worse, innovate something.

Makes me sick.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Seems like he is doing fine to me

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post

Isn't Fangio running Miami's D? I'm beginning to wonder if the "Fangio-system" has been figured out and is now, overrated. And Staley, being a Fangio disciple, doesn't truly know how to adapt. Or, worse, innovate something.

Makes me sick.
                          That's a hard defense to learn. Miami is getting better and better defensively as they get familiar with the scheme. They're getting 2 elite corners back, their best pass rusher just came back, and I think by the end of the season they'll be a force defensively.

Comment

Working...
                          X