• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Chatter? More like pulled out of the azz of some wanna be pundit who is spelling challenged.
    Probably. However, I would think that losing first to the Bears on SNF, then to the Jest on MNF would probably mean the end of the Staley era. I'd toss in Telesco as well, but I think the problem is uninspired leadership at the top of football operations... John Spanos.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Probably. However, I would think that losing first to the Bears on SNF, then to the Jest on MNF would probably mean the end of the Staley era. I'd toss in Telesco as well, but I think the problem is uninspired leadership at the top of football operations... John Spanos.
      This is why the trade deadline needs to be pushed back a month. Teams will really know where they stand

Both the NBA and MLB deadlines are like 2/3 of the way through the season; NFL won't even be halfway

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Chatter? More like pulled out of the azz of some wanna be pundit who is spelling challenged.
        Oh and if we somehow beat the bears we are all supposed to think that we are good and back on track for the playoffs? Pretty weak beat the bears or we are going to fire you? After the win we all buy into Staley at his presser when he tries to sell us on that we are now a good football team again and his self proclaimed reset was a brilliant move!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Telesco is not fired with him - firing Staley is a good step but Tom needs to go with him
          If Telesco is fired, it will be at the end of the year.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Staley is a football junkie, he has to be aware how badly his coaching is being trashed around the NFL.

His decision making has always been questioned, but his defense is reaching new levels of ineptitude and the JC Jackson thing is a really bad look.

Oh and that KC game was the highest watched game CBS has had for regular season lol
            Last edited by CanadianBoltFan; 10-25-2023, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              JH3 and Me
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
              Staley is a football junkie, he has to be aware how badly his coaching is being trashed around the NFL.

His decision making has always been questioned, but his defense is reaching new levels of ineptitude and the JC Jackson thing is a really bad look.
              the longer his beard gets, the dumber he coaches. I think its sucking cells from his brain.

Formula 1 Gym GIF by Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Oh and if we somehow beat the bears we are all supposed to think that we are good and back on track for the playoffs? Pretty weak beat the bears or we are going to fire you? After the win we all buy into Staley at his presser when he tries to sell us on that we are now a good football team again and his self proclaimed reset was a brilliant move!
                Exactly. If it takes Staley beating the Bears - he should be fired already
                Not that the chargers would ever be sellers under the Spanii - even if they were 0-7
                but again, beating the Bears should not be a barometer of being a seller or buyer

I thought if they were 4-3, meaning beating KC or Dallas, plus the Bears, okay, buying might be okay
                but 2-4, losing to two good teams, seller all day

Now Dean won''t do it as he doesn't have the mindset or thought process... he is too busy day dreaming in his office

Telesco if anything will be a buyer as what does he have to lose - if he is fired, what does he care about the cap or draft picks

hence it should be John Boy making the call - but again, he is too busy thinking of the next anime release schedule so he can throw shade at Mina Kimes again

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. If it takes Staley beating the Bears - he should be fired already
                  Not that the chargers would ever be sellers under the Spanii - even if they were 0-7
                  but again, beating the Bears should not be a barometer of being a seller or buyer

I thought if they were 4-3, meaning beating KC or Dallas, plus the Bears, okay, buying might be okay
                  but 2-4, losing to two good teams, seller all day

Now Dean won''t do it as he doesn't have the mindset or thought process... he is too busy day dreaming in his office

Telesco if anything will be a buyer as what does he have to lose - if he is fired, what does he care about the cap or draft picks

hence it should be John Boy making the call - but again, he is too busy thinking of the next anime release schedule so he can throw shade at Mina Kimes again
                  Beating the Bears doesn't matter. Its painfully clear the Charger cant beat the good teams when they play them. That should be more than enough for ownership to know changes to the current regime are necessary.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

the longer his beard gets, the dumber he coaches. I think its sucking cells from his brain.
                    Didn't someone say he shaved it off?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Didn't someone say he shaved it off?
                      There is your reset!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Does anyone honestly believe Staley will actually be fired.

Wishful thinking yes.

Reality no.
                        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

There is your reset!
                          are we talking FLIP? crap, i'd better form an exploratory committee for a possible run at another term in office
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X