• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scotty Boy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2017
    • Send PM

Staley is who he is; after 2+ seasons, it’s obvious what he brings to the table….(not much).

That being said, it’s shocking that Staley “announced” today he will continue to call the defensive plays. Where is Ownership and/or Telesco in demanding change? Doing the same thing over and over - and expecting different results is simply silly….

The Chargers, top to bottom, lack accountability….plain and simple.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Send PM

Mike McDaniel is the perfect person to keep this team in the right mindset:

“I told the team this Saturday night, if we win the game we’ll have to deal with a ton of hype and be crowned the best team in football. If we lose the game they’ll say we can’t beat good teams. Understand that either narrative matters nothing because if we win we don’t want a false sense of security and if we lose we don’t want to make it more than it is.”

“I know the narrative is going to be there and it’s going to be there until we beat a team with a good record. You are your results and until you prove otherwise you’ve gotta be willing to hear the consequences of the results.”​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No im pointing out what should be obvious to everyone - if you play a good defense, even with the best skill players in the league and an innovative coach who can scheme the up, a QB can struggle. We didn’t play the Eagles or Bills, but we did play the Cowboys and Chiefs defenses, who are ranked 6th and 8th in the league vs 7th and 14th, ironically even harder.

Herbert isn’t broken.
        Might not be "broken" but he is playing the worst football of his career and that's not really up for debate. If he doesn't play better than the past 2 games he will struggle to hit 20 TDs and 4000 yards this year. i know , I know he will pad his stats on some bad teams

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

OMG, listening to this clown in interviews is getting really irritating. His arrogance knows no bounds, even when his coaching is a complete joke. He went to the old you aren't in the locker room you wouldn't understand thing.

Brandon...for 3 years your defense has been in the 28-30 range in every category...your game management and decision making has been ridiculed around the NFL...YOU SUCK

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

MIA was 8-3 last year and finished 9-8.
            SF seemed unbeatable for five weeks, then they lost to CLE and trailing 0-10 tonight against MIN.
            No conclusion until week 12 or 14.

Comment

• charger1_sj
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2022
              • Send PM

No im pointing out what should be obvious to everyone - if you play a good defense, even with the best skill players in the league and an innovative coach who can scheme the up, a QB can struggle. We didn’t play the Eagles or Bills, but we did play the Cowboys and Chiefs defenses, who are ranked 6th and 8th in the league vs 7th and 14th, ironically even harder.

Herbert isn’t broken.
              Really? What about the Raiders and Titans? What was the excuse? You got to beat good teams to be a playoff contender. So far we are not.

3 points in the second half of the last 3 games is inexcusable.
              Beating the Bears is not going to prove anything and just to be clear playing the way we are we could very well lose.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Really? What about the Raiders and Titans? What was the excuse? You got to beat good teams to be a playoff contender. So far we are not.

3 points in the second half of the last 3 games is inexcusable.
                Beating the Bears is not going to prove anything and just to be clear playing the way we are we could very well lose.
                We scored 10 points in the second half of the Cowboy game.

Herbert, like the entire team, needs to play better. He is not close to the biggest issue and the Herbert is broken talk is weak hyperbole.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
                  OMG, listening to this clown in interviews is getting really irritating. His arrogance knows no bounds, even when his coaching is a complete joke. He went to the old you aren't in the locker room you wouldn't understand thing.

Brandon...for 3 years your defense has been in the 28-30 range in every category...your game management and decision making has been ridiculed around the NFL...YOU SUCK

https://www.chargers.com/news/brando...nscript-week-7

Here's an example of Staley taking accountability in the presser without really taking accountability.

"We fell short in that first half. Like I said, I didn't do a good enough job. We executed, obviously, much better in the second half."'

Translation: when the players finally executed correctly my schemes, we did much better.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

We scored 10 points in the second half of the Cowboy game.

Herbert, like the entire team, needs to play better. He is not close to the biggest issue and the Herbert is broken talk is weak hyperbole.
                    Herbert looked fine in the 1rst half.
                    Something changed after half time.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Staley on Q.J.

"Improvement yesterday. Improvement from Dallas [game] to Kansas City. Felt him on the completion, beating press. It was a really good back-shoulder play. I think that you guys saw him make that play often during training camp. I thought that he separated yesterday. The play [previously mentioned] against split-safety man, I thought that he had an outstanding release and was open. Again, I feel like his alignment and assignment are improving. He's playing with confidence. I thought that yesterday was a step forward for him. If he continues to take the practice field the way that he has, you're going to continue to see the improvement. Like I said, that is all that he needs to be focused on."

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Here's an example of Staley taking accountability in the presser without really taking accountability.

"We fell short in that first half. Like I said, I didn't do a good enough job. We executed, obviously, much better in the second half."'

Translation: when the players finally executed correctly my schemes, we did much better.

Doesn't sound good to me from what I've read from that media availability Q&A. Looks like he's back to putting his blinders on. I suppose it really is time to fire this guy -- he continues to want to be a system coach like he's Tom Landry, but he hasn't done shit to earn the trust to be that. Bellichick, Landry could impose their will on the team because they had early success, and are/were natural alphas with presence. Staley, you aren't anywhere near their league.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Doesn't sound good to me from what I've read from that media availability Q&A. Looks like he's back to putting his blinders on. I suppose it really is time to fire this guy -- he continues to want to be a system coach like he's Tom Landry, but he hasn't done shit to earn the trust to be that. Bellichick, Landry could impose their will on the team because they had early success, and are/were natural alphas with presence. Staley, you aren't anywhere near their league.
                          It's like he's still experimenting with the defensive team after 2.5 years...I think he knows what works but just refuses to do the right thing until it slaps him in the face...then of course it's too late and were behind the 8 ball in Every game. Friends this is a way of life under Staley and it won't change until he's no longer the head coach. It's some kind of hubris disorder that manifests itself at the wrong times.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X