• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Kyle had much more experience than DIII Staley when he got the job. He was a proven O 'Guru', over many years with many good coaches. Staley nothing. And he has brought nothing to the defensive side of the ball; still bottom 10%. Your comparison is way off. The HC job is hard. No guarantees that anyone works out. Much harder for someone with little schooling and experience.
    When Shanahan got the 49ers job he had been an OC for 9 years prior - granted 4 with his Dad in DC. Been an assistant in the NFL for 13. I think for Staley it was 3 years in Chicago and Denver, with one year as DC with the Rams

Vastly different experiences

Plus, Shanahan was with the WFT team for four years, Houston Atlanta and CLeveland as OC. I am sure the Browns was a negative experience as it was the Browns

So when I see a name like Evero or Ben Johnson - I cringe as they just don't have the failure to fall back on to learn.

I want a coach who has been at the top and bottom.

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      Kyle Shanahan After year 1 and 2 with 49ers. I bet fans like Staley haters were probably saying he sucks as a HC and is a better OC. Since they went 6-10 and 4-12. Then went to SB with rookie Nick Bosa. Then went 6-10 after Bosa injury for season. Then went back to post season after Nick is back. And Kyle admits they are an entirely different team when they have NB. And haters can say take Nick away and Kyle hasn't made a post season at all. So how good of a coach is he really if he can't do anything without Nick. And they have a point. Like Belicheck without Brady. Staley will win as long as he has Herbert. Hopefully he can win it all.
      When people use the term "Staley haters" I can't take them seriously... Shannahan has been with the 49'ers for 6 years and been to the NFCCG in 3 of those 6. Our revolving door of loser coaches have won 1 wildcard game and has never won the AFCW.

Comparing our team to the 49'ers is just not going to get you anywhere.

Comment

• rensoul
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2023
        • Send PM

"Matt Eberflus tells reporters he's looking at hiring a senior defensive analyst that would do advanced work on upcoming opponents. Didn't give any names, but sounds like that could be coming soon. "We're looking at a few guys."

This should be mandatory for a defensive HC who refuses to give up play-calling duties, especially when they've shown they aren't good at it.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

...The simple solution is to offer Jim Harbaugh 90 million dollars for a five year contract and let him figure out with his GM of choice how best to build around Herbert for the next five years!

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

When people use the term "Staley haters" I can't take them seriously... Shannahan has been with the 49'ers for 6 years and been to the NFCCG in 3 of those 6. Our revolving door of loser coaches have won 1 wildcard game and has never won the AFCW.

What I am comparing is how 49ers fans felt about Shanahan. They thought he sucked 2 years in. And had plenty reason to hate him. I'm not comparing their road to the HC gig. I'm merely taking about fans reacting to a new HC and not winning enough. And also how it's a fact Shanahan only has winning records when he has a healthy Nick Bosa. And Kyle admits they are way different team with Bosa.

I offer Belicheck and all his so called genius evaporated without Brady.

How Sean Payton doing with Hacketts Team?

How Daboll doing?

Anyways....it's low hanging fruit to criticize Staley or any HC.

I suppose you want to fire another HC and have JH10 on his 3rd HC in 5 seasons......that is just more revolving door and is unlikely to lead to long term success.
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

What I am comparing is how 49ers fans felt about Shanahan. They thought he sucked 2 years in. And had plenty reason to hate him. I'm not comparing their road to the HC gig. I'm merely taking about fans reacting to a new HC and not winning enough. And also how it's a fact Shanahan only has winning records when he has a healthy Nick Bosa. And Kyle admits they are way different team with Bosa.

How Daboll doing?

I suppose you want to fire another HC and have JH10 on his 3rd HC in 5 seasons......that is just more revolving door and is unlikely to lead to long term success.
              I don't recall anyone complaining about Kyle Shanahan. He took over a team that had done nothing since Harbaugh left and had no quarterback. When he got Garopollo at the trade deadline in 2017 they went 5-0. Ever since then the only losing seasons were 2018 and 2020, when Garoppolo was injured. You're really going to compare Shanahan to Staley, who inherited Herbert, Keenan, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler, Joey Bosa, and Derwin James?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

How Daboll doing?

Not a fair assessment of Shanahan. He inherited a 2-14 team. The next year Jimmy G got hurt and they went with a guy called Mullens at QB. Year 3, SB appearance.
                The fans thought Shanahan was too conservative. Truth is he didn't have the QB he wanted. That's why they drafted Lance.

Don't know about Belicheck or Daboll. Way to early to say about Payton.

First order of importance is the talent on the team. For today's NFL a lot falls on the QB. Coaching being the 2nd most important aspect.

I think unless the team completely tanks Staley should finish the year. Then we can access whether to replace him or not. POs with a win is expected.

On the other had TT has had plenty of time on the helm and we haven't gotten far. To be fair we don't actually know who is pulling the strings, are the
                decisions TTs or J. Spanos?

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Not a fair assessment of Shanahan. He inherited a 2-14 team. The next year Jimmy G got hurt and they went with a guy called Mullens at QB. Year 3, SB appearance.
                  The fans thought Shanahan was too conservative. Truth is he didn't have the QB he wanted. That's why they drafted Lance.

Don't know about Belicheck or Daboll. Way to early to say about Payton.

First order of importance is the talent on the team. For today's NFL a lot falls on the QB. Coaching being the 2nd most important aspect.

I think unless the team completely tanks Staley should finish the year. Then we can access whether to replace him or not. POs with a win is expected.

On the other had TT has had plenty of time on the helm and we haven't gotten far. To be fair we don't actually know who is pulling the strings, are the
                  decisions TTs or J. Spanos?
                  What? Of course fan opinion about Shanahan is fair. We are talking about fan opinion of Staley. Now everyone wants to split hairs about the detail around it.

I appreciate you talking about team inherited. Staley also inherited a losing team. Although it was 7-9. But still, they both inherited the job of win more and go get a championship. And after 2 year both had fans upset about success. And fans wanted them fired.

Again the obvious parallel is many fans wanted the HC fired after 2 years. And thought the young HC was way over his head. The comments about Shanahan after 2 years as HC are very similar. That what's great about information age. There are receipts.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Okay. I will leave the two word term out so you can cope with the post.
                    How much success did Kyle Shanahan have after 2 years as HC? And how did the 49ers fans feel about him?

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

I don't recall anyone complaining about Kyle Shanahan. He took over a team that had done nothing since Harbaugh left and had no quarterback. When he got Garopollo at the trade deadline in 2017 they went 5-0. Ever since then the only losing seasons were 2018 and 2020, when Garoppolo was injured. You're really going to compare Shanahan to Staley, who inherited Herbert, Keenan, Mike Williams, Austin Ekeler, Joey Bosa, and Derwin James?
                      Good grief they wanted him fired this year after the Trey Lance trade. Of course they had torches and pitchforks. They are 49er fanatics.

49ers fans want Kyle Shanahan fired for failing Trey Lance after trading up for QB - "He can’t coach nor.....

​

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Good grief they wanted him fired this year after the Trey Lance trade. Of course they had torches and pitchforks. They are 49er fanatics.

49ers fans want Kyle Shanahan fired for failing Trey Lance after trading up for QB - "He can’t coach nor.....

​
                        Well they're not very bright, then, after he took Jimmy Garoppolo to the Super Bowl and two NFC Championship games and the last overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft to last season's NFC Championship Game.

But you were talking about Shanahan having a terrible time his first two years. That changed as soon as he got a mediocre starting quarterback in Jimmy Garoppolo. What does Staley need to get beyond a Wild Card meltdown?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2018
                          • Balboa Park bench
                          • Medical Simulation
                          • Send PM

Okay. I will leave the two word term out so you can cope with the post.
                          How much success did Kyle Shanahan have after 2 years as HC? And how did the 49ers fans feel about him?
                          Fine, lets see Staley take us to the Superbowl this year. You can find parallels in anything if you look hard enough, and you are looking too hard.

Comment

Working...
                          X