Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

JCJ didn't play the previous two games. And the pass D is horrible aside from him.
    Not the first half of the raider game. They were gassed in the second half because the offense couldn't buy a 1st down.
    Darius "4.36" Davis
    top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Win, lose or draw, it was JH10 and Staley first playoff experience. I thought the offense didn't close that game.
      They change OCs.
      JH10 and the Offense had opportunities to close vs Mia and Ten but didn't get it done.
      Defense has a lot of room to improve.
      Special Teams under Staley has been consistent.
      ​​​​​​
      Anyways.
      Staley has yet to finish any season with a losing record.
      And he only had 2 years so far.
      ​​​​​
      If only we played the game for winning records... But we don't.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2023
        • Send PM

2nd player that had to be jettisoned mid season because of discipline issues.
        Can anyone remember the last time that happened?

What does coach Staley bring to the table again? How is he improving as a head coach?
        I'll tell you, he knows how to get the front office to move on from a player quicker who no longer respects the head coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post
          2nd player that had to be jettisoned mid season because of discipline issues.
          Can anyone remember the last time that happened?

What does coach Staley bring to the table again? How is he improving as a head coach?
          I'll tell you, he knows how to get the front office to move on from a player quicker who no longer respects the head coach.
          Staley had no input on drafting Tilery, he wasnt here. Thats on TT. Like you said he had issues at ND and has issues on the Raiders. Likely his last season with them....if he isnt cut. As for players, Telesco and Dean dont ike having problem players so the guy paying the money had no problem getting rid of them per coaches and GM recommendation.

Look, you want to say Staley isnt a good HC, i can roll with that. He has been outcoached and im not a fan of rookie HCs learning on the job but to spit out BS speculation you have no idea about is weak.

Fans here specualate all the time that a coach has lost the locker room and it always makes me laugh. Most have never been in a locker room. I believe nearly every HC we have had there has been posters saying they lost the locker room. And to some it may be true but we really never know.
          Henning was an idiot, McCoy was .....i dont know what he was lol.

Im sure Boss Ross never lost them but it was likely said he did lol.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Improve W- L, check. Year 1, year 2
            Make the playoffs. check. Year 2
            Win in the playoffs. TBD year 3

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Only 1 Team wins the Silver Football. The other 31 didn't.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• AFboltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2018
                • Balboa Park bench
                • Medical Simulation
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Only 1 Team wins the Silver Football. The other 31 didn't.
                That is correct Capt. Obvious.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                  Outback Goon
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Australia
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Staley had no input on drafting Tilery, he wasnt here. Thats on TT. Like you said he had issues at ND and has issues on the Raiders. Likely his last season with them....if he isnt cut. As for players, Telesco and Dean dont ike having problem players so the guy paying the money had no problem getting rid of them per coaches and GM recommendation.

Look, you want to say Staley isnt a good HC, i can roll with that. He has been outcoached and im not a fan of rookie HCs learning on the job but to spit out BS speculation you have no idea about is weak.

Fans here specualate all the time that a coach has lost the locker room and it always makes me laugh. Most have never been in a locker room. I believe nearly every HC we have had there has been posters saying they lost the locker room. And to some it may be true but we really never know.

The locker room videos i see back this up. Staley has not lost the locker room.

Anyone got videos of a lost locker room please post.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2023
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I was never a big fan of the 'lost the locker room' label: primarily because it simplifies things too much.
                    NFL players are professionals, who have loyalties to their team mates and their position coaches: they'll battle with them under bleak circumstances.
                    There is a point late in a season with some teams where the playoffs are out of the question, and they are banged up and might not put out their best effort.

However, how do they perceive the head coach? There are different levels of respect for the head coach: how do they perceive the head coach?

1. Apex head coach: they run through walls for the head coach.

3. Top head coach: they play hard for him, because there is a tradition set up, and the coaching staff routinely sets them up to succeed on a weekly basis

15. Nice guy, but over his head; players wonder whether this guy is preparing them well each week and begin to free lance, not following their assignments as assiduously, or preparing for opponents.

19. The coach is an incompetent boob, with a nasty insulting personality, where you still try to do your job and perform within the system out of respect for your team mates and position coach.

20. The coach an incompetent boob, with a nasty insulting personality, where losing ways have been firmly entrenched, and the locker room atmosphere is so poisonous that you just give up and go through the motions, or do your own thing.

Where is Staley?

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

I was never a big fan of the 'lost the locker room' label: primarily because it simplifies things too much.
                      NFL players are professionals, who have loyalties to their team mates and their position coaches: they'll battle with them under bleak circumstances.
                      There is a point late in a season with some teams where the playoffs are out of the question, and they are banged up and might not put out their best effort.

However, how do they perceive the head coach? There are different levels of respect for the head coach: how do they perceive the head coach?

1. Apex head coach: they run through walls for the head coach.

3. Top head coach: they play hard for him, because there is a tradition set up, and the coaching staff routinely sets them up to succeed on a weekly basis

15. Nice guy, but over his head; players wonder whether this guy is preparing them well each week and begin to free lance, not following their assignments as assiduously, or preparing for opponents.

19. The coach is an incompetent boob, with a nasty insulting personality, where you still try to do your job and perform within the system out of respect for your team mates and position coach.

20. The coach an incompetent boob, with a nasty insulting personality, where losing ways have been firmly entrenched, and the locker room atmosphere is so poisonous that you just give up and go through the motions, or do your own thing.

Where is Staley?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I just am not sure Staley is a good teacher of football. He can talk about it. But can he articulate a message to his players and assistants that takes the talent on the roster - especially on defense and puts them in the best position to win. Is he trying to force a system or does he see the players and adapts the scheme to fit the actual players. Not what you WANT them to do but what they CAN ACTUALLY do/.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just am not sure Staley is a good teacher of football. He can talk about it. But can he articulate a message to his players and assistants that takes the talent on the roster - especially on defense and puts them in the best position to win. Is he trying to force a system or does he see the players and adapts the scheme to fit the actual players. Not what you WANT them to do but what they CAN ACTUALLY do/.
                          While I’m no fan of Staley, the Chargers problem since GM John Butler died has been the overall talent level of players drafted and brought in via FA or trades.

Both Bellichik and Payton were hailed as great coaches who could have made all the Charger teams SB contenders over the past 20 years versus the HC’s we had.

Well, we are now seeing how well Bellichik and Payton are doing without Brady and Brees.

The trouble with the Chargers is John Spanos being in charge of scouting for all those years and since 2015 head of all personnel.

Most notably was his incapacity to build dominating trenches on both sides of the ball.

Comment

Working...
                          X