Clear All
  • AFboltfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2018
    • Balboa Park bench
    • Medical Simulation
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

You checking out this early? How did you survive the McCoy era and Lynn saga? Staley isnt getting comical losses like those two or many blowouts and the locker room is still with him.
    You're assuming alot here... I'm not checking out, more like tempering expectations. You don't consider last years playoff collapse a "comical loss"??? Lets be real here...

The locker room being with him is also debatable.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

You're assuming alot here... I'm not checking out, more like tempering expectations. You don't consider last years playoff collapse a "comical loss"??? Lets be real here...

The locker room being with him is also debatable.
      Win, lose or draw, it was JH10 and Staley first playoff experience. I thought the offense didn't close that game.
      They change OCs.
      JH10 and the Offense had opportunities to close vs Mia and Ten but didn't get it done.
      Defense has a lot of room to improve.
      Special Teams under Staley has been consistent.
      ​​​​​​
      Anyways.
      Staley has yet to finish any season with a losing record.
      And he only had 2 years so far.
      ​​​​​
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

If every CB is struggling and the pass rush is actually pretty good then something is going on. Players are confused or being asked to do things they are not good at would be my guess.

Doesn't make sense for the entire CB group to play poorly at the same time if there is a good pass rush.
        My opinion is that they are confused and slow to react because the D is too complicated and/or Staley doesn't teach it very well.

Comment

• Eurobolt
          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Geee..... Ppl.... There is no Staley's scheme....
          It is just a talk about it being too complicated.... Jalen Ramsey has figured it out xD

Staley had all time DT in his peak and back then the best CB in the league.
          Thats all about Staley's scheme.

We have another generational QB talent who is taking on his shoulders all of the franchise, not only offence during games but everything.

In Herbert light abysmal owners, incompetent GM and simply an idiot as HC are getting warm.

Changing any 2 of those was required months ago.
          Last edited by Eurobolt; 10-07-2023, 05:16 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
            Geee..... Ppl.... There is no Staley's scheme....
            It is just a talk about it being too complicated.... Jalen Ramsey has figured it out xD

Staley had all time DT in his peak and back then the best CB in the league.
            Thats all about Staley's scheme.

We have another generational QB talent who is taking on his shoulders all of the franchise, not only offence during games but everything.

In Herbert light abysmal owners, incompetent GM and simply an idiot as HC are getting warm.

Changing any 2 of those was required months ago.
            I understand the Spanii are in the building so maybe its not all Telesco, but he has had 11 years - so he needs to go. Staley might actually be better than Telesco but hard to say as the defense just has not been good under his leadership/ And thats the problem with Staley - why hasn't the defense improved. Well I guess he has 13 games to show it.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I understand the Spanii are in the building so maybe its not all Telesco, but he has had 11 years - so he needs to go. Staley might actually be better than Telesco but hard to say as the defense just has not been good under his leadership/ And thats the problem with Staley - why hasn't the defense improved. Well I guess he has 13 games to show it.
              I think (hope?) both TT and Staley are gone if we don't win a playoff game.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

The D has improved in most areas. The big one 2022 was #28 run D, now #13. We're also #1 (t) in sacks, #6 goal to go, #7 takeaways, #13 red zone D.
                Our pass D is worse (32) and has dragged us down. IMO that was the JCJ experiment and should improve rapidly in his absence. (2022 #7)

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

The D has improved in most areas. The big one 2022 was #28 run D, now #13. We're also #1 (t) in sacks, #6 goal to go, #7 takeaways, #13 red zone D.
                  Our pass D is worse (32) and has dragged us down. IMO that was the JCJ experiment and should improve rapidly in his absence. (2022 #7)
                  JCJ didn't play the previous two games. And the pass D is horrible aside from him.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

JCJ didn't play the previous two games. And the pass D is horrible aside from him.
                    I can't disagree that they were bad. My reference to JCJ was about restructuring CB, moving assignments around, which they did. Leaving Zont and Vato outside, Ja at nickle and not screwing with them as long as healthy will make us avg or better. The guys know their assignments and each other. Quit dicking around with them. Practice and play as a unit.

ps: it'll take a while to make the avg look better after the Mia slaughter. The game pass D stat should be better vs Dal.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I think (hope?) both TT and Staley are gone if we don't win a playoff game.
                      Playoffs? Did you say playoffs? Playoffs????????

Comment

• rensoul
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Pass D is league worst and the team is 27th in points per game allowed. That means overall it's one of the worst defenses in the league thus far.
                        If the pass D is last in the league there isn't much reason to try to run the ball as much.

The team has a lot of individual talent, especially pass rushers but it's not a cohesive and good unit if it's 27th in the league in points given up.

Comment

• rensoul
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Yup, Staley is responsible for this D the past couple of seasons. He has not given up defensive play calling duties and hired a legitimate proven DC. There's really no excuses left at this point.

Comment

Working...
                          X