• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Bienemy is like Ekeler, gets no respect... The Commanders are 2-1 and he doesn't have Mahomes, he has some rando named Howell. Besides Bienemy was a Charger... I'd take him over Staley any day of the week.
    That's not saying a lot.

My issue with Bienemy is I don't think he really did much under Reid. Yeah, Washington is 2-1 right now, but it beat Arizona and Denver before getting blown out by Buffalo. His offense had its first real test this past Sunday, and it scored three points. I'm not seeing how there's so much love for Bienemy.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      The OBVIOUS choice for this teams next coach is Harbaugh.If the Spanos ilk won't cough up the money for a Real coach then screw em and their money makin product
      Yeah, I can't come up with another candidate I actually want if we don't get Harbaugh. Of course I'll hope for the best no matter who it is.

When Andy Reid was available ten years ago, there was also Bruce Arians. Of course we didn't hire either one of them. There doesn't seem to be a Bruce Arians-level coach to fall back on if we can't get Harbaugh.

Comment

• AFboltfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2018
        • Balboa Park bench
        • Medical Simulation
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

That's not saying a lot.

My issue with Bienemy is I don't think he really did much under Reid. Yeah, Washington is 2-1 right now, but it beat Arizona and Denver before getting blown out by Buffalo. His offense had its first real test this past Sunday, and it scored three points. I'm not seeing how there's so much love for Bienemy.
        I wouldn't call it love, more like he should be considered, especially over Staley. I don't think it would happen regardless though, I don't see his style and Moore's as a match.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I've seen Lions' OC Ben Johnson's name floated as a possible Staley replacement. He's more the type of HC the Spanoses are likely to hire - first timer. He's been in a coach in the league since 2012, two long stints for the Dolphins then the Lions. I think he was the only Lions assistant that Dan Campbell retained when he became HC in 2021.

Read what Amon-Ra St. Brown said about him comparing him to Anthony Lynn. "Bro, when Ben gets up there, he knows exactly what he's talking about, he's telling us what he sees in this play, what he wants us to do. There's no gray area. It's super detailed."

Comment

• AFboltfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2018
            • Balboa Park bench
            • Medical Simulation
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            I've seen Lions' OC Ben Johnson's name floated as a possible Staley replacement. He's more the type of HC the Spanoses are likely to hire - first timer. He's been in a coach in the league since 2012, two long stints for the Dolphins then the Lions. I think he was the only Lions assistant that Dan Campbell retained when he became HC in 2021.

Read what Amon-Ra St. Brown said about him comparing him to Anthony Lynn. "Bro, when Ben gets up there, he knows exactly what he's talking about, he's telling us what he sees in this play, what he wants us to do. There's no gray area. It's super detailed."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...oc-ben-johnson
            No offense but he just seems like more of the same to me, he could be the next Steichen but I'm just tired of these thirtysomething HC's.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Yeah, I can't come up with another candidate I actually want if we don't get Harbaugh. Of course I'll hope for the best no matter who it is.

When Andy Reid was available ten years ago, there was also Bruce Arians. Of course we didn't hire either one of them. There doesn't seem to be a Bruce Arians-level coach to fall back on if we can't get Harbaugh.
              Arians had never been a head coach - well years earlier at Temple - but he had been an assistant coach a long time. Wait, he was head coach when Pagano was out. But he had been on many teams, many roles, so he saw a lot of good and bad.

So having the experiences BA had -- made him a very good head coach. Still not sure why Telesco - who was in the buikding with BA - didn't bang the drum. But he just got hired and the Wolf committee wanted Visor McCoy as he was the Hot OC. Mind you, he was OC for Peyton Manning - big whoop!

If the Chargerrs do fire Staley - they can't go the cheap young route again. See what Bieniemy does for the season. See what Dan Quinn does. Hell I would take Brian Schottenheimer over a lot of these other younger hot names. I want a coach who has faced adversity and even a guy like Evero with Charlotte - two years as a DC - needs more time

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Arians had never been a head coach - well years earlier at Temple - but he had been an assistant coach a long time. Wait, he was head coach when Pagano was out. But he had been on many teams, many roles, so he saw a lot of good and bad.

So having the experiences BA had -- made him a very good head coach. Still not sure why Telesco - who was in the buikding with BA - didn't bang the drum. But he just got hired and the Wolf committee wanted Visor McCoy as he was the Hot OC. Mind you, he was OC for Peyton Manning - big whoop!

If the Chargerrs do fire Staley - they can't go the cheap young route again. See what Bieniemy does for the season. See what Dan Quinn does. Hell I would take Brian Schottenheimer over a lot of these other younger hot names. I want a coach who has faced adversity and even a guy like Evero with Charlotte - two years as a DC - needs more time
                Why are we talking about firing Staley? I mean we won a game and might win another by the the Bye week. Our secondary has been suspect and it's not all Staley's fault. Getting your players to gel is not an easy thing to do especially if your team has been injury prone. If Staley continues his boneheaded ways through out the season I'll be first in line to can him!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why are we talking about firing Staley? I mean we won a game and might win another by the the Bye week. Our secondary has been suspect and it's not all Staley's fault. Getting your players to gel is not an easy thing to do especially if your team has been injury prone. If Staley continues his boneheaded ways through out the season I'll be first in line to can him!
                  For the same reason the rest of the country is talking about it. Have you been watching this team since the 4-1 start in 2021?

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Because it’s a fan forum and fans love to parrot media talking points and are always over reactive. But yeah he doesn’t need to be fired right now and at the end of the season the totality of the season will be weighed and his results will speak for themselves.

TLDR: Passionate fan bases overreact to everything especially the media. Remember when we “won” the off-season and everyone was excited. Yeah I do too, it’s the nature of the beast.

Comment

• NOrvMeNow
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2023
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

No offense but he just seems like more of the same to me, he could be the next Steichen but I'm just tired of these thirtysomething HC's.
                      Get used to it.
                      Guys over 40 are somewhat set in their ways and the Spanos want a head coach that they can train.

I pushed forward Ben Johnson as the next Charger head coach weeks ago.

Comment

• johnnywyoming
                        Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Oregon
                        • Retirement
                        • Send PM

OMG... If we had only fired Staley at the end of last season and hired the God-coach Sean Payton, well we could be 0 - 3 and have a game where 70 points were hung on us. I am so disappointed
                        Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnywyoming/

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by NOrvMeNow View Post

Get used to it.
                          Guys over 40 are somewhat set in their ways and the Spanos want a head coach that they can train.

I pushed forward Ben Johnson as the next Charger head coach weeks ago.
                          This is nothing unique to the Chargers. The Rams hired McVay 7 years ago and he is still the youngest HC in the league. There are 9 HC in the league that are 40 or younger.

Comment

Working...
                          X