• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Don't they realize the team would be infinitely more valuable if they spend money on proven coaches? Give John a token title of whatever and just pay him to stay away from the facilities and watch the money flow in.

Like what more could they ask for? Is it really THAT important for them to feel like they actually had a hand in picking talent? Narcissistic sociopaths.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Don't they realize the team would be infinitely more valuable if they spend money on proven coaches? Give John a token title of whatever and just pay him to stay away from the facilities and watch the money flow in.

Like what more could they ask for? Is it really THAT important for them to feel like they actually had a hand in picking talent? Narcissistic sociopaths.
      Peyton was literally begging to come here.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Peyton was literally begging to come here.
        You mean Payton, I think.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Sean Payton bought a house in Manhattan Beach which ridiculously close to the El Segundo facility. I mean, run-home-for-lunch close.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post

Now the next question is. If Staley were to be out and Moore in as HC. Do you let Ansley take over as DC or bring in a vet who has had success and simplify the D like a Mike Zimmer?
            IDK, I think I'd go back to a 4-3. If Ansley has ran that, great.

Not sure Moore is ready to be a HC. I'd only like him to stay because of his offense but as a HC?
            Tired of the merry go round of rookie HC's.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure Moore is ready to be a HC. I'd only like him to stay because of his offense but as a HC?
              I think with your comment you have more common sense than Staley. Mack and Bosa and even the USC kid are classic DE's! Staley with his brilliant D has them off the line as LB's or lined up down the line. Sometimes his D can be effective, but many times and in many games he has been lit up!

The thing about Moore is he seems kind of passive and kind of non-alpha! He's fine to be an OC but a HC, I'm not so sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                This guy wanders far afield from the subject matter at times, but he drives home the point: Why pay Justin Herbert all that money then go cheap on the head coach?

Gee, how many times have I said that the past few years?

Comment

• SuperCharged
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Utah
                  • Midnight Toker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

hehehe yes. Quick post b4 dinner.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

I think it's more stupidity than anything else. When it comes to the head coaches, I really don't think it has to do with saving money.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There is no evidence proving he's ready to be a head coach. Having success as a play caller is nice, but if that meant everything we would have won Super Bowls with Norv Turner and Mike McCoy.
                      Last edited by DerwinBosa; 09-12-2023, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You are conflating the executive operations with football operations. You can't just Clark Hunt II and John Spanos and skate. I am your huckleberry.

Clark Hunt has always stayed on the leadership side and left football decisions to the football men, going all the way back to his father and GM Carl Peterson. Clark is running Hunt Industries, and leaves football matters to GM Brett Veach and the coaches.

Conversely, John Spanos has declared himself President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015. He oversees all of the team's football operations, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security. This is all John Spanos does.​
                        I pray for Dea to force a sale of the team.

C'mon Dea!

Comment

• captaind
                          Cook This Pork Chops
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Mars
                          • Ball Holder
                          • Send PM

The Chargers play 17 away games. That in and of itself answers a lot of other questions.

Comment

Working...
                          X