• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You are conflating the executive operations with football operations. You can't just Clark Hunt II and John Spanos and skate. I am your huckleberry.

Clark Hunt has always stayed on the leadership side and left football decisions to the football men, going all the way back to his father and GM Carl Peterson. Clark is running Hunt Industries, and leaves football matters to GM Brett Veach and the coaches.

Conversely, John Spanos has declared himself President of Football Operations for the Chargers in May 2015. He oversees all of the team's football operations, including player personnel, coaching, player finance and the salary cap, medical, equipment, video, player engagement and security. This is all John Spanos does.​
    Exactly. And my guess is JohnBoyu did his scouting for the Chargers and not an apprenticeship for another organization. Nepotism hire all the way

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. And my guess is JohnBoyu did his scouting for the Chargers and not an apprenticeship for another organization. Nepotism hire all the way
      I never dreamt Kellen Moore would outshine Brandon Staley in Week 1. But here we are.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

How can Jets HC Robert Saleh turnaround the Jets defense in one year - #2 ranked defense in the NFL - and Staley has set NFL records with his defense for collapses and all-time offensive yardage in year 2 + 3?
        Dunno, but the Jets defense looked pretty damn good last night against the mighty Bills. The Chargers D-line so far is average at best (getting to the QB). They did somewhat OK against the run because Tua was slinging it so often.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I never dreamt Kellen Moore would outshine Brandon Staley in Week 1. But here we are.
          Think there's any chance in hell a guy like Harbaugh would retain Moore, or would Moore even want to stay in that scenario?

For as hard as I've been on Herbert, it would suck to have to have him learn yet another new system. At least under Harbaugh he could focus on being more of a game manager type, where he might actually do better.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Think there's any chance in hell a guy like Harbaugh would retain Moore, or would Moore even want to stay in that scenario?

For as hard as I've been on Herbert, it would suck to have to have him learn yet another new system. At least under Harbaugh he could focus on being more of a game manager type, where he might actually do better.
            All I know is this - if the offense is that good under Moore - and he didn't get the HC gig but would take the OC job - the new coach would be stupid to have Herbert learn a new offense

And we have been bashing Staley pretty good - but I truly hope things turn around this week and the season. I don't want a 5-12 season

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Does anyone here really think Harbaugh would be hired if they fire Staley? People set themselves up for big disappointment...

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

There's almost zero chance of the chargers signing Harbaugh...first of all he would be expensive and second he would want to take too much control away from the Spanos family, as much as I would love the hire, it's not going to happen so not going to get my hopes up...
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • victoria b.c.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  Does anyone here really think Harbaugh would be hired if they fire Staley? People set themselves up for big disappointment...
                  I don't see that happening either. Moore will be HC if Staleys fired. I also think Telesco stays on as gm .

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This is the second day in a row that I have been approached about Jim Harbaugh. That idea makes me so blind with apoplectic rage that I want to go outside and stomp bunnies to death. Full stop.

Kellen Moore is going to be able to write his own ticket after this season. He may want the fuck out of here after one season of this dysfunction, but I have seen enough after 4 quarters of offensive football - as opposed to seeing Staley set negative league records in defense in consecutive years - to know he's the next Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay, in the way he views/runs an offense.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

This is the second day in a row that I have been approached about Jim Harbaugh. That idea makes me so blind with apoplectic rage that I want to go outside and stomp bunnies to death. Full stop.

Kellen Moore is going to be able to write his own ticket after this season. He may want the fuck out of here after one season of this dysfunction, but I have seen enough after 4 quarters of offensive football - as opposed to seeing Staley set negative league records in defense in consecutive years - to know he's the next Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay, in the way he views/runs an offense.
                      Thought you were on the Harbaugh train? Or that at least you acknowledged we've only had success at HC when hiring a previous HC.

Staley, McCoy, etc were all supposed to be the next ______ as well.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Thought you were on the Harbaugh train? Or that at least you acknowledged we've only had success at HC when hiring a previous HC.

I fucking adored Capt. Comeback. But I learned that after S.F. job that he belong at the collegiate level, as his brand at the pro level has a 4-year shelf life.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I wanted Daboll. Fleet hipped us all to Staley, and when Staley beat the Chiefs in his second game, he was the only coach hired to have a 4-1 start, I believe. He has since set fire to Gus Bradley's players and schemes.
                          Last edited by ghost; 09-12-2023, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X