• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Staley deserves a lot of criticism for a variety of reasons, but talking with a coach on how he dealt with adversity is the least of them.
    When I have to hear about Staley talking to Kerr from the announcers during the game yesterday while our D is getting smoked and in the first promo video the Chargers release this season it matters and based on the results of the last 3 games Staley deserves every bit of the criticism he is receiving right now in every and all areas!

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
      The Chargers became the first team in postseason history to be plus five in the turnover margin and lose.

Since 2000, teams that rushed for more than 200 yards, allowed fewer than 100 rushing yards, did not turn the ball over and won the turnover margin by at least two were 110-0.
      Before Sunday.

Staley resume getting better and better after what he served us in last 2 games is there anyone who support this pretender as a HC of bolts?

If there is such brave/insane person please write why.​
      This is unacceptable and grounds for termination.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

When I have to hear about Staley talking to Kerr from the announcers during the game yesterday while our D is getting smoked and in the first promo video the Chargers release this season it matters and based on the results of the last 3 games Staley deserves every bit of the criticism he is receiving right now in every and all areas!
        Getting criticism for the performance of the D? Absolutely. Getting criticism for trying to see how others dealt with adversity? Sorry, this is just just piling on for nothing.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Getting criticism for the performance of the D? Absolutely. Getting criticism for trying to see how others dealt with adversity? Sorry, this is just just piling on for nothing.
          the whole Steve Kerr thing invites criticism, what is staley projecting? that he'll be a coach with multiple championships down the road? it also excuses his performance by basically making it seem like whatever it is that is going wrong with the defense somehow has to do with execution by the players...I have to wonder if it even enters his thought process that his approach is horribly flawed...when he first got hired he said something that rubbed me a bit raw and I let it go at the time because everyone wants to think positive when you bring in a new coach...he said, "I knew after the first couple of days after I walked into the bears locker room that I can do this job, that I can be a HC in the NFL". Really? after his first few days as a position coach he thought he had what it took to lead a team after having never done it at any previous level? interesting....from the very beginning he's set himself apart from his peers, the guy has a ridiculously over inflated opinion about himself and his abilities, almost to the point where he has no humility what's so ever...there's a fine line between confidence and over confidence...
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Jason Reed had a thread - Herberts 50 first starts

Basically the Chargers are very good when the defense gives up 26 points or less
            very bad when they give up 27 points or more

Chargers are the 6th highest scoring team in those 50 starts but the record is not on par

Teams like the Lions texans and Bears have given up similar numbers of points over that span
            their records are not good

Folks - its NOT Herbert - I can tell you that much

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

I'm saying it because I know and I was there... The D yesterday looks worse than it ever did way back when back in the day when Fouts and Air Coryell were here! Anyone on here who was watching football then knows that's saying a lot.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                Jason Reed had a thread - Herberts 50 first starts

Basically the Chargers are very good when the defense gives up 26 points or less
                very bad when they give up 27 points or more

Chargers are the 6th highest scoring team in those 50 starts but the record is not on par

Teams like the Lions texans and Bears have given up similar numbers of points over that span
                their records are not good

Folks - its NOT Herbert - I can tell you that much
                Ditto. Well-stated.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Send PM

Short clip of Staley from post-game presser. I have to admit he is not dejected or angry. He says its the first game, we'll learn from it, and the team needs to prepare for the Titans.

coach brandon staley's thoughts post week 1. #lachargers #chargers #coach #pressconference #nfl #shorts #nflshorts #football #footballshorts

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Short clip of Staley from post-game presser. I have to admit he is not dejected or angry. He says its the first game, we'll learn from it, and the team needs to prepare for the Titans.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/agMSnf3Ga1k
                    I was gobsmacked when Staley appeared to whine about how Miami turned it into a “track meet”

He acted like that was a surprise and unfair…….WTF was he expecting?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Ditto. Well-stated.
                      That doesn't mean Herbert cannot get better. Situational awareness the one drive- taking a sack at the one (though the play call sucked)
                      At the end of the game - got the grounding but it was either that or a sack as Fangio brought pressure (something Staley can learn from)

But if the defense played at 75% of what Herbert brings most Sundays - this team would be a top 5 team in the NFL

It starts with player personnel decisions - are these the right players as a unit and not individuals?
                      Second, do they have the right coaching staff to work with them and play the right defense for the personnel and not how you want to play?

Comment

• DallasEire
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

The pass Defense against Miami is bringing me back to the reporting coming out of training camp when they scrimmaged New Orleans.

As I recall, the New Orleans beat writers were giddy over the fact that Olave or Thomas could not be covered. Wasn't sure how accurate that was at the time and not sure Miami proves the rule but it is a very troubling trend when added to 2nd half of Jax game.

I hate Staley as a coach but I hope that what we have seen since Jax with our 1's on D is not really going to be how this season plays out.

The inability to defend the pass does not appear to be a one game trend and perhaps we should have paid more attention to that N.O. scrimmage

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That doesn't mean Herbert cannot get better. Situational awareness the one drive- taking a sack at the one (though the play call sucked)
                          At the end of the game - got the grounding but it was either that or a sack as Fangio brought pressure (something Staley can learn from)

But if the defense played at 75% of what Herbert brings most Sundays - this team would be a top 5 team in the NFL

It starts with player personnel decisions - are these the right players as a unit and not individuals?
                          Second, do they have the right coaching staff to work with them and play the right defense for the personnel and not how you want to play?
                          How do you rate Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow's situational awareness after week 1? Your criticism of Herbert is eye-rolling, seriously. The Chargers are 2nd in total offense after Week 1.

Comment

Working...
                          X