• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post
    The UT / Bolttalk had this pussy shit all figured out.

It was called the "Pussonification scale"

Where on the pussy scale does any act or trait fall ?

1-10 with 10 being a max puss move and then forum vote

Staley picking up Bosa's helmet is a SOLID 9

Hike
    LOL!!!

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

It should always be about the individual. You can separate groups by analytics but we need to see a Chris Jones if he's there. KC got a steal in the 2nd.
      #21 is not too early.
      Missing the Point....why draft a bunt or single (Leftover dlinemen) when for sure homeruns are still on the table?!?!? The Chargers at drafting dlinemen in the latter half of the first round is like watching the Jets trying to draft a QB...we'll draft 10 players there to get 3 that are actually good. I'm drafting Homeruns there at 21 versus fantasizing about getting lucky ar 21.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Missing the Point....why draft a bunt or single (Leftover dlinemen) when for sure homeruns are still on the table?!?!? The Chargers at drafting dlinemen in the latter half of the first round is like watching the Jets trying to draft a QB...we'll draft 10 players there to get 3 that are actually good. I'm drafting Homeruns there at 21 versus fantasizing about getting lucky ar 21.
        If you know that for a fact, of course not.
        30% of current top 10 DL were drafted after Rd 1.
        50% were drafted after pick 21.
        Last edited by sonorajim; 02-27-2023, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Why draft any Defensive Linemen at #21 when there is a 90% chance of Success drafting RB, WR, DB, TE or offensive linemen there versus a 50/50 chance for Dline. Just keep drafting interesting projects in later rounds 2-7 and pay the man for known talent. The draft would have to be so incredibly deep at dline to draft at 21 to even contemplate a chance at getting anyone good at that position.
          Because they need another disruptive element on the Dline: don't care whether it is at DE or DT.

Bresee interests me ... i thought he would be gone by #21.
          Forget his 2022 tape and just sit back and watch his 2021 tape.

Disruptive DT/DE hard to find, especially after where the Chargers draft in round 2.

RB, DB, TE .... you can get those in the 2nd/3rd/4rth rounds.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If you know that for a fact, of course not.
            30% of current top 10 DL were drafted after Rd 1.
            50% were drafted after pick 21.
            This is my point completely! YOU HAVE TO DRAFT AT LEAST 2 to get one. Go out and pay for defensive linemen and draft other positions.

Comment

• Rambler
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • No Cal
              • Civil Research Attorney
              • Send PM

This is my point completely! YOU HAVE TO DRAFT AT LEAST 2 to get one. Go out and pay for defensive linemen and draft other positions.
              The problem with that strategy is that very few if any really good defensive tackles ever reach free agency. The teams that drafted them almost always lock them up with big long-term second contracts. Just like great QBs and left tackles, you rarely have any shot at signing one away. You want a Jeffrey Simmons? A Christian Wilkins? A Chris Jones? Gotta take the risk and draft him high.

Defensive ends are a little less scarce on the open market. Raiders did let Mack go, for some high draft picks (which, thankfully for us, they blew on non-premium positions like safety, or overdrafted mediocre players). We got Mack after almost a full season lost to injury, and just starting on the downside of his career (still a worthwhile gamble, at cost of a mid-second round draft pick). But even if ends are a bit more available, we no longer have the cap space to take a shot at any really good ones. That's why it is best to use high draft picks on premium positions. Not running back. Not safety (unless a Derwin James falls ten spots and you don't have to trade up to get him). Not linebacker. Not guard (sorry Zion) or center. Tight ends have generally not lived up to being worthy of first round selection. We have the QB and the left tackle. WRs, DTs, DEs/edges, cornerbacks (maybe). Take shots in the second round or later at non-premium positions, with rare exceptions.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

I get the talk about risk that a pick may not live up to expectations.
                I get the part that high impact starters are more difficult to find after the top of the draft.
                I don't get that quality DL are more rare than other positions or that you can get them anywhere.
                I'm sticking with BPA when we're on the clock.
                My early choices for 21 in 2023 are TE, Bijon or RT. Bryan Breese, Drew Sanders, Brian Branch..

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

With a real defense, the Chargers would'nt have lost in JAX.
                  Go defense, please !

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rambler View Post

The problem with that strategy is that very few if any really good defensive tackles ever reach free agency. The teams that drafted them almost always lock them up with big long-term second contracts. Just like great QBs and left tackles, you rarely have any shot at signing one away. You want a Jeffrey Simmons? A Christian Wilkins? A Chris Jones? Gotta take the risk and draft him high.

Defensive ends are a little less scarce on the open market. Raiders did let Mack go, for some high draft picks (which, thankfully for us, they blew on non-premium positions like safety, or overdrafted mediocre players). We got Mack after almost a full season lost to injury, and just starting on the downside of his career (still a worthwhile gamble, at cost of a mid-second round draft pick). But even if ends are a bit more available, we no longer have the cap space to take a shot at any really good ones. That's why it is best to use high draft picks on premium positions. Not running back. Not safety (unless a Derwin James falls ten spots and you don't have to trade up to get him). Not linebacker. Not guard (sorry Zion) or center. Tight ends have generally not lived up to being worthy of first round selection. We have the QB and the left tackle. WRs, DTs, DEs/edges, cornerbacks (maybe). Take shots in the second round or later at non-premium positions, with rare exceptions.
                    Sorry, I'm taking a top Tier RB, WR, TE who's on the board with an 80% chance of success at very good to great player on the board plus a DB with 80% chance of success at pick 21. To have any chance of reasonable success you need to draft dlinemen inside top 15 unless it's an insanely deep draft that year. Last years draft...1 good guard plus a 2 year rental on Mack...for the first 4 rounds...Add in a train wreck of Star players and we essentially have last year crap season.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                      With a real defense, the Chargers would'nt have lost in JAX.
                      Go defense, please !
                      Sorry...couldn't move the chains so the defense actually wore down in the second half. Scoring at will while exercising ball control would have easily won us that game in the second half.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Sorry...couldn't move the chains so the defense actually wore down in the second half. Scoring at will while exercising ball control would have easily won us that game in the second half.
                        The defense wore down the moment they stepped onto the field in the 2nd half.
                        They didn't stop Jacksonville at any point in the 2nd half......and its not like they were on the field a ton in the first half.

What happened was a synchronized shit fest between all three phases.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Sorry, I'm taking a top Tier RB, WR, TE who's on the board with an 80% chance of success at very good to great player on the board plus a DB with 80% chance of success at pick 21. To have any chance of reasonable success you need to draft dlinemen inside top 15 unless it's an insanely deep draft that year. Last years draft...1 good guard plus a 2 year rental on Mack...for the first 4 rounds...Add in a train wreck of Star players and we essentially have last year crap season.
                          I don't see a Chris Jones type available this draft.

Javon Kinlaw was the last guy I really liked (above Derrick Brown), and his career has been derailed by injuries.
                          Derrick Brown didn't start playing well until year 3.

Comment

Working...
                          X