• sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Here are the facts:

Morgan Fox: 6.5 sacks, 40 pressures
    George Karlaftis: 6 sacks, 37 pressures

And for some reason you are insisting that[B] Chris Jones is on the same level as a healthy Aaron Donald.
    What are you basing this on? You are very much alone on this opinion.{/B]

In your haste to favorably compare young Brandon Staley with Spagnoulo,
    you are treading all over the facts.
    "Aaron Donald and Chris Jones are high impact front seven players"
    was the statement. Everyone that has watched both play know that to be a fact.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
      "Aaron Donald and Chris Jones are high impact front seven players"
      was the statement. Everyone that has watched both play know that to be a fact.
      So are Jeffrey Simmons, Cameron Heyward and Dexter Lawrence: Jones is in their tier, not Donald's.
      Donald is arguably the greatest DT ever. You are suggesting that they are comparable in talent by placing them side by side in that statement.

Why not just say Cameron Heyward and Chris Jones are high impact players.
      That reduces quite a bit the level of impact to which you are referring....that's why.

Are you going to conflate Nick Bolton with Jack Lambert next?

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

So are Jeffrey Simmons, Cameron Heyward and Dexter Lawrence: Jones is in their tier, not Donald's.
        Donald is arguably the greatest DT ever. You are suggesting that they are comparable in talent by placing them side by side in that statement.

Why not just say Cameron Heyward and Chris Jones are high impact players.
        That reduces quite a bit the level of impact to which you are referring....that's why.

Are you going to conflate Nick Bolton with Jack Lambert next?
        OK. top 10 DL https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-def...nemen-rankings
        1. A Donald
        2. C Heyward
        3, C Jones
        All time best is arguable. "High impact" is not. KC had a better DL is not.
        Jack Lambert? Now I'm tickled. I do like Leo Chenal but let's wait a while before we argue about LBs
        I was just wishing we had a great IDL like Jones. I've noticed that several PBs like DL in the draft. Apparently the belief that there is room for improvement is not mine alone.

Comment

• rensoul
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

Just the facts, dude .

I assume that you're saying injuries don't matter.

Aaron Donald, Chris Jones are high impact front seven players. In their own. KC had one in the playoffs, we did not.

KC did a very admirable job in their draft. LAC got two good-very good OL, some special teamers and guys who didn't play.

I wish that we had to make do with the front 7 & the DB rookies Spaggy had to struggle along with.

PS: When Staley HAD Aaron Donald, his D was NFL #1.
          So it's got nothing to with coaching/scheme I guess. Spags just got lucky getting to play 5-6 rookies on his defense and just had it easy compared to the Chargers because he had Jones and so much to work with.

Too bad the Chargers weren't able to have great CB2 and CB3's like 4th and 7th round rookies Williams/Watson.

Too bad the Chargers just had to settle with players like Bosa/Mack/Van Noy.

Too bad the Chargers just have guys like Callahan/James/Samuel to work with.

Too bad the Chargers were stuck with guys like Day/Fox available.

Once again, the money is tied up in Bosa/James/Jackson/Mack, there isn't really room to acquire a Jones salary player even if he was available.

PS. Without the greatest DT in likely the last 50 years and a prime all pro CB what has the defense rankings been the past 2 years? So I guess the team just needs to add two additional HOF all pro caliber players to fully evaluate the coaching and scheme to expect at least a top 20 defense...right...

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

So it's got nothing to with coaching/scheme I guess. Spags just got lucky getting to play 5-6 rookies on his defense and just had it easy compared to the Chargers because he had Jones and so much to work with.

Too bad the Chargers weren't able to have great CB2 and CB3's like 4th and 7th round rookies Williams/Watson.

Too bad the Chargers just had to settle with players like Bosa/Mack/Van Noy.

Too bad the Chargers just have guys like Callahan/James/Samuel to work with.

Too bad the Chargers were stuck with guys like Day/Fox available.

Once again, the money is tied up in Bosa/James/Jackson/Mack, there isn't really room to acquire a Jones salary player even if he was available.

PS. Without the greatest DT in likely the last 50 years and a prime all pro CB what has the defense rankings been the past 2 years? So I guess the team just needs to add two additional HOF all pro caliber players to fully evaluate the coaching and scheme to expect at least a top 20 defense...right...
            Exaggerate much? You're arguing with your imagination.

Comment

• rensoul
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Exaggerate much? You're arguing with your imagination.
              Go look at your previous posts if you want to read about imagining things. You talk up Karlaftis while disregarding Fox as a 2nd string player when their sack/pressure numbers were near identical and act like KC's defensive personnel with almost half of it full of rookies is somehow much better than the Chargers personnel.

Haha, thanks for the laugh.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Go look at your previous posts if you want to read about imagining things. You talk up Karlaftis while disregarding Fox as a 2nd string player when their sack/pressure numbers were near identical and act like KC's defensive personnel with almost half of it full of rookies is somehow much better than the Chargers personnel.

Haha, thanks for the laugh.
                You're welcome. You were responding to assumptions that you made. Try reading what I said again.

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

You're welcome. You were responding to assumptions that you made. Try reading what I said again.
                  No thanks, once is more than enough.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

OK. top 10 DL https://athlonsports.com/nfl/nfl-def...nemen-rankings
                    1. A Donald
                    2. C Heyward
                    3, C Jones
                    All time best is arguable. "High impact" is not. KC had a better DL is not.
                    Jack Lambert? Now I'm tickled. I do like Leo Chenal but let's wait a while before we argue about LBs
                    I was just wishing we had a great IDL like Jones. I've noticed that several PBs like DL in the draft. Apparently the belief that there is room for improvement is not mine alone.
                    Chargers have been looking for a top notch outstanding DT for quite some time.

They struck out with Tillery.... I wouldn't mind Bresee or Kancey.

Rumor was that Telesco was going to draft Taven Bryan if Derwin James was not available in 2018.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Chargers have been looking for a top notch outstanding DT for quite some time.

They struck out with Tillery.... I wouldn't mind Bresee or Kancey.

Rumor was that Telesco was going to draft Taven Bryan if Derwin James was not available in 2018.

Why draft any Defensive Linemen at #21 when there is a 90% chance of Success drafting RB, WR, DB, TE or offensive linemen there versus a 50/50 chance for Dline. Just keep drafting interesting projects in later rounds 2-7 and pay the man for known talent. The draft would have to be so incredibly deep at dline to draft at 21 to even contemplate a chance at getting anyone good at that position.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Why draft any Defensive Linemen at #21 when there is a 90% chance of Success drafting RB, WR, DB, TE or offensive linemen there versus a 50/50 chance for Dline. Just keep drafting interesting projects in later rounds 2-7 and pay the man for known talent. The draft would have to be so incredibly deep at dline to draft at 21 to even contemplate a chance at getting anyone good at that position.
                        Sarcasm?

Because the Chargers are 20m under the cap because of poor drafting...

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

It should always be about the individual. You can separate groups by analytics but we need to see a Chris Jones if he's there. KC got a steal in the 2nd.
                          #21 is not too early.

Comment

Working...
                          X