• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DerwinBosa
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2022
    • Send PM

Read an article about Brian Daboll.

“We got beat soundly,” Daboll said afterward. “We got outcoached. We got outplayed. And that all starts with me.”

This was after losing to the #1 seed in the NFC, following an upset victory over the 13-4 Vikings.

This is how you handle a playoff loss, Brandon Staley.
    Rookie Giants head coach Brian Daboll inexplicably went for it on 4th and 8 from the Eagles’ 40-yard line in the first quarter.
    Last edited by DerwinBosa; 01-22-2023, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
      I’m off the Staley bandwagon now. I was all in on the hire, but I’ve cooled on him since he went for it inside of his own 20 yard line against the Raiders in last season’s final game. That was one of the craziest / most reckless decisions I’ve remember seeing from an NFL coach.

Few coaches are perfect, but why move on from an offensive coordinator and a passing coordinator who had much to do with Herbert’s success his rookie year?? Staley’s decision making skills to me are questionable at best.

How can it be alright that this young franchise QB will have his third offensive coordinator and passing game coordinator in just four years? This is exactly what I feared the most..
      ALL OF THIS^^^

the fact that steichen and pep didn’t even get considered was a huge red flag and something we all had serious concerns about, I guess people let you know who they are right away…the sheer arrogance of that is beyond fucking stupid, I knew then it was the wrong move and I felt uncomfortable about it, but I still hoped he might know something that we didn’t …turns out he doesn’t know shit, he’s just an arrogant prick that THINKS he does…

yeah going for it on the 18 yard line cost us three points in a game we lost by three, and we saw him almost throw away the browns game this past season in the final 2 minutes because he went for it from his own 42 yard line to give them an opportunity to kick the game winning field goal, fucking moron! His defense had played great in the second half and their running game was going to be nullified by the need to move the ball quickly and he chose to give them a short field when he could’ve easily pinned them down deep…

staley is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL and he’s proven it over and over again…I fear 2023 is just going to be a wasted fucking year…I have no faith in this coach…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Chargers8491
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2022
        • Send PM

If we are being honest and looking at the game level headed, Herbert lost the game for the Chargers. He had wide open receivers that he missed twice. One was way overthrown and the other he threw the ball right into the defenders head. That's 8 points that were left on the field by him alone. I'm in the believe that Herbert isn't 100% recovered from his injury. If you watch his arm his delivery was really low. I'm guessing that he was not able to raise his arm higher to elevate his release point because his ribs are still hurting. Just MHO.
        Adopted Bolt: QJ

SEASON: 2024 (WK2)
        REC: 8
        YARDS: 89
        TDS: 2

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers8491 View Post
          If we are being honest and looking at the game level headed, Herbert lost the game for the Chargers. He had wide open receivers that he missed twice. One was way overthrown and the other he threw the ball right into the defenders head. That's 8 points that were left on the field by him alone. I'm in the believe that Herbert isn't 100% recovered from his injury. If you watch his arm his delivery was really low. I'm guessing that he was not able to raise his arm higher to elevate his release point because his ribs are still hurting. Just MHO.
          He didn't lose the game. He didn't put it away, either.

Hopefully he gets another crack at it soon.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
            Dea Spanos my HERO
            • Dec 2022
            • Send PM

When you get tired of pointing fingers at coaches and players it ALWAYS comes back to ownership. Always.

When you hear players and coaches say .... "oh this is how it is done" - just stop right there.

Ask the question - "what is the difference ?"

The answer .... "Resources"

LT said the Jets had personal chefs to prepare players special dietary meals, personal massages ... pampering in other words.

Look at the way past players are treated here.

Do the Chargers remember Stan Humphries (only Super Bowl QB) or his daughter Brooke who had a heart defect and the save a heart foundation ? Nope. Not a chance (I suspect). The Spanos trust can not meet their charitable obligations for starters. Good luck Brooke if so.

It's rough sledding Bolt bros.

Take The Pain - and - like it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              I like Doug Gottlieb so thanks for posting that. Lots of good points there and yes i agree there is a fans point of view and a football point of view and the fans POV is usually over reacting and not wel thought out.

There is a huge turnover by firing the HC because the new one wants his own guys and likely a different defense so after 2 years they would have to start over with schemes.

Thats pretty big unless the schemes are similar but there will still be a difference. However, if they werent so cheap id welcome Payton or Harbaugh. I think we are going to get an inexpereinced OC but we'll see.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

ALL OF THIS^^^

the fact that steichen and pep didn’t even get considered was a huge red flag and something we all had serious concerns about, I guess people let you know who they are right away…the sheer arrogance of that is beyond fucking stupid, I knew then it was the wrong move and I felt uncomfortable about it, but I still hoped he might know something that we didn’t …turns out he doesn’t know shit, he’s just an arrogant prick that THINKS he does…

yeah going for it on the 18 yard line cost us three points in a game we lost by three, and we saw him almost throw away the browns game this past season in the final 2 minutes because he went for it from his own 42 yard line to give them an opportunity to kick the game winning field goal, fucking moron! His defense had played great in the second half and their running game was going to be nullified by the need to move the ball quickly and he chose to give them a short field when he could’ve easily pinned them down deep…

staley is not qualified to be a HC in the NFL and he’s proven it over and over again…I fear 2023 is just going to be a wasted fucking year…I have no faith in this coach…
                Dont agree....hey HCs want their own guys so it is not usual for staff members to get let go. Daboll kept 3 coaches from the past regime. 2 were just Asst coaches. Peterson kept 5,...... 2 were asst coaches and one a quality control coach. None were offensive coaches.

Davis Mills hasnt looked that good under Pep.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

Fair enough.

Only reason I mentioned that way is due to my original question was asking for a citation that Herbert was that type of player.

And I completely agree with you on this board, it's a wonderful collection of some of the most intelligent Chargers fans. I value it as a fan and appreciate it even more as Fleet personally knows my family for many years, he knows my Uncle and Dad as kids.

And you're 100% correct on Herbert pulling people back in. My Dad and a few different Uncles as well as friends were pulled back by Herbert. He's got that "it" factor as they say.

Cheers bud. We are all here for the same end goal.
                  Cheers to you as well.

I really appreciate this board and the (mostly) reasonable posters. I've been a long (long) time lurker (back to the UT days) and It's been surprisingly cathartic for me to actually engage in these conversations, whether I'm agreed with or not. It provides an outlet for me to present my opinions and vent my frustrations - helps keep me sane!

Thanks to Fleet for keeping everything under control!

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post
                    When you get tired of pointing fingers at coaches and players it ALWAYS comes back to ownership. Always.

When you hear players and coaches say .... "oh this is how it is done" - just stop right there.

Ask the question - "what is the difference ?"

The answer .... "Resources"

LT said the Jets had personal chefs to prepare players special dietary meals, personal massages ... pampering in other words.

Do the Chargers remember Stan Humphries (only Super Bowl QB) or his daughter Brooke who had a heart defect and the save a heart foundation ? Nope. Not a chance (I suspect). The Spanos trust can not meet their charitable obligations for starters. Good luck Brooke if so.

It's rough sledding Bolt bros.

Take The Pain - and - like it.
                    Well, no question ....... they have a cookie cutter mold for the type of head coaches / GMs that they want.

Brian Daboll doesn't fit it, Brandon Staley does.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Heard someone last night talk about what an acquisition Linvale Joseph has been for the Eagles:
                      ranked him as one of the top 3 interior run stuffers the 2nd have of the season,

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Reconsidering what Staley had to work with on D for the 2021 season:

Bosa/Joseph/Jones/Nwosu (stout front 4)

Kyzir White / Drew Tranquil (solid inside linebackers)

Derwin James/ Michael Davis / Asante Samuel Jr. (dbs on the back end solid, even including the regrettable Chris Harris Jr.)

Even being somewhat thin for backups, this is no where close to a bottom 4 defense based on talent.​

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                          Chargers Hall of Fame
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Trumpet Man View Post

Hmm. How'd those personal chefs work out in terms of Jets playoff and Super Bowl wins? I guess allocating resources for personal chefs was enough to get the win against us, so there's that.

Comment

Working...
                          X