• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Florida fan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    If it's Staley as the head coach next season, it's going to be very difficult to watch.
    CHARGERS - where coaches go to end their career

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Balcony
      • Senile Agitator
      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
      If it's Staley as the head coach next season, it's going to be very difficult to watch.
      Not for me, I won’t watch at all.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Totally agree! We need to rebuild this team and start over after the biggest comeback in playoffs history, ever! TT has got to go as well! Its so obvious what has to be done.
        3rd biggest. but we are on the list. You and DewinBosa can keep dreaming but Harbaugh isnt coming here. Id love it to happen , or Payton but Spanos is cheap with HCs and doesnt really want to win badly enough. And IMO if Staley goes, TT has to go as well. Maybe, and only then maybe will we see Payton or Harbaugh and they pay those guys to do both jobs.....which usually never works out.

Comment

• Got Bait
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Has Staley been fired yet?

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

3rd biggest. but we are on the list. You and DewinBosa can keep dreaming but Harbaugh isnt coming here. Id love it to happen , or Payton but Spanos is cheap with HCs and doesnt really want to win badly enough. And IMO if Staley goes, TT has to go as well. Maybe, and only then maybe will we see Payton or Harbaugh and they pay those guys to do both jobs.....which usually never works out.
            Absolutely. You don't half way clean house. If you are indeed trying to make a statement that Winning is the only thing that is important, (but again, I don't believe this is the Dean Spanos way,) you blow it all up and go seek out the best. Not the up and coming maybe hot coordinator.

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Davis, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Fire TT 1st. That will send the right message.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                Fire TT 1st. That will send the right message.
                It has to be a package deal.

Comment

• UtahBolt
                  Did we win?
                  • Jun 2013
                  • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                  • Send PM

I think Spanos is so damn cheap because they simply don't have that kind of money. He is probably the poorest owner in the league and I read some where that the family construction business is faltering as well. Don't forget, they have the huge JH payout coming up. Plus they would have to pay Staley the final year (or two?) if they fire him and that is just not how Spanos operates.
                  I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

I am in no hurry to finish assessing what went down this season.

Initially, I see a few key things that need to be fixed and will post accordingly in due time.

It all must be seen in the reality of our contracts...that and player development.

I definitely wanted more meaningful playoff snaps for our young players, as that is crucial.

As painful as this is, and again I am unmatched on the misery index (ie since 26 Dec 1965), we MUST BE SMART.

It will be an adventurous off season, to say the least.
                    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Not for me, I won’t watch at all.
                      At this moment, it is hard to envision generating any enthusiam to watch this team if Brandon Staley comes back as HC. And if he does I will tell you one thing, I will not invest another second listeneing to his press conferences.

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        I am in no hurry to finish assessing what went down this season.

As painful as this is, and again I am unmatched on the misery index (ie since 26 Dec 1965), we MUST BE SMART.
                        wow. maybe Roo is the only guy here that has you beat. although I have seen a couple guys reference 1960's games.

i started watching in 1979 at age 10. that was the year of the incredible playoff loss to the depleted Oilers team.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                          I think Spanos is so damn cheap because they simply don't have that kind of money. He is probably the poorest owner in the league and I read some where that the family construction business is faltering as well. Don't forget, they have the huge JH payout coming up. Plus they would have to pay Staley the final year (or two?) if they fire him and that is just not how Spanos operates.
                          Staley has 2 years at $4 million per left so $8 million. If they fire him, a new coach will also replace most, if not all of, the rest of the staff so Spanos would be paying out $10 million or so to move on from Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X