• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
    Andy Reid has a couple of playoff collapses he bounced back from, but I think Brandon Staley is more similar to Jim Fassel and Dan Quinn. If you keep Staley around after this, I think we'll something similar to what happened to Fassel after the Giants blew a 38-14 lead against the 49ers in the 2002 Wild Card round. The Giants went 4-12 the next season.
    Reid had coached regular season performances with season records that kept ownership and the fan base engaged despite some of his collapses in the latter rounds of the playoffs. Staley has been mediocre, and Lombardi even worse that it doesn't even warrant the comparison. I can't see how this is salvageable with this playoff effort.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

How much does Staley make? I tried to find it and saw guess of $1 million and $4 million a year. Have a hard time seeing Spanos eat $8 million of that is what it is.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        How much does Staley make? I tried to find it and saw guess of $1 million and $4 million a year. Have a hard time seeing Spanos eat $8 million of that is what it is.
        I would guess 3 mill and Lombardi 750k.

Comment

• REH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I would guess 3 mill and Lombardi 750k.
          Most power 5 schools in college pay more than that.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by REH View Post

Most power 5 schools in college pay more than that.
            There are 15 HCs in the league making above $10 mill a year -- we're not one of the teams paying that much, I'm almost certain of that.

Comment

• REH
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

There are 15 HCs in the league making above $10 mill a year -- we're not one of the teams paying that much, I'm almost certain of that.
              You get what you pay for as they say

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

defensive guru my yellow ass!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                  defensive guru my yellow ass!
                  Was he ever that good with the Rams? Or did he ride amazing seasons from studs like Donald and Ramsey in his ONE year as a DC then talk his way into a HC job before he was ready.?

And please, after what we saw in Denver, and endured tonight, can people put a full stop on saying he will learn on the job and get better. He has had 2 years already with Herbert, and the NFL is not a developmental or training league for head coaches that arent ready.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Was he ever that good with the Rams? Or did he ride amazing seasons from studs like Donald and Ramsey in his ONE year as a DC then talk his way into a HC job before he was ready.?

And please, after what we saw in Denver, and endured tonight, can people put a full stop on saying he will learn on the job and get better. He has had 2 years already with Herbert, and the NFL is not a developmental or training league for head coaches that arent ready.
                    It was a perfect marriage of talent and coach and timing. They were crap under Wade Phillips and hungry to try something new. And since Staley's tasks were more defined as a defensive coordinator, he didn't have to deal with roster management, scheduling and all the nuance that comes with being a head coach. He only had to focus on the defensive talent and game plan.

Comment

• chris9341
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Staley Should not only be fired because of this choke job, but the fact that you played your starters in a game that you already had a playoff spot secured in cost you Mike Williams. Hell I did'nt even want Lynn gone this bad as I do Staley. One thing for sure is Lombardi better be gone as soon as Monday.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                        Staley Should not only be fired because of this choke job, but the fact that you played your starters in a game that you already had a playoff spot secured in cost you Mike Williams. Hell I did'nt even want Lynn gone this bad as I do Staley. One thing for sure is Lombardi better be gone as soon as Monday.
                        IMO, it might be the only way to justify keeping Staley around…that and they need to force brandon to get an actual defensive coordinator…staley’s game roster and in game management choices will continue to be a problem tho…

but what decent OC will take the job in what could be a toxic situation?
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                          I thought his decisions against the browns proved that he was not qualified to continue being the HC, unfortunately there have been many eye brow raising moments like that one…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X