• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

I posted earlier this season that Staley had not beaten a single pedigree’d coach all season. We beat a decimated Rams team but that was it. Pedersen took him to the woodshed again

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      I posted earlier this season that Staley had not beaten a single pedigree’d coach all season. We beat a decimated Rams team but that was it. Pedersen took him to the woodshed again
      He sure talked a good game but he just wasnt that good of a coach
      Add in the fact that I have no idea what the GM does - Telesco cant spell the word speed
      4 WRs active tonight. FOUR!

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        Staley is now 1 - 6 when facing a team a 2nd time in a season.

That is not a good sign.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Time to move on.

I'll give him credit for holding the team together and going on that mini win streak, but that's it. How do you look your team in the eye after last year's ending and then again tonight?

You also risk alienating future free agents with this kind of nonsense.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• REH
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Is there anybody still defending him at this point? The media has given the go ahead to fire him.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

How do you put this loss on Staley? His defense came out and caused 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter and a 27-0 lead. In the 2nd half the offense couldn't run the ball, couldn't run the clock, couldn't get a first down, couldn't finish drives, and couldn't protect the passer.

Attempts to run the ball were totally laughable. The execution in the run game is the worst offensive execution I've seen in 30 years of football.

Yeah the defense gave up points but Staley called the defense the way any other coordinator would with a big lead. Throw in a few bad calls, a few big holds that should have been called, and an offense that could do NOTHING (with a supposed "top 5" QB) and there you go.

I would only put this on Staley if he keeps Lombardi.

Lombardi & Oline coach definitely need to go.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                How do you put this loss on Staley? His defense came out and caused 4 turnovers in the 1st quarter and a 27-0 lead. In the 2nd half the offense couldn't run the ball, couldn't run the clock, couldn't get a first down, couldn't finish drives, and couldn't protect the passer.

Attempts to run the ball were totally laughable. The execution in the run game is the worst offensive execution I've seen in 30 years of football.

Yeah the defense gave up points but Staley called the defense the way any other coordinator would with a big lead. Throw in a few bad calls, a few big holds that should have been called, and an offense that could do NOTHING (with a supposed "top 5" QB) and there you go.

Ugh. You have to be kidding me.

Comment

• REH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

He's not the DC he's the HC

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Easy,

1. Staley is the head coach
                    2. Staley's D did not stop Jacksonville once the final 32 minutes of the game.
                    3. Staley is responsible for the performance of the offense too - along with the run game, because he is the head coach.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

I would argue that if they keep staley they need to force him to hire a real DC, not a figure head, but a proven DC, then they need to force him to hire a new OC too…
                      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by REH View Post
                        Is there anybody still defending him at this point? The media has given the go ahead to fire him.
                        Staley or Lombo?

Staley a little bit, but none yet for Lombo.

They are waiting for the rage to subside.

Monday, maybe Tuesday their supporters will rally here.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Midwest
                          • Local 150 operating engineer.
                          • Send PM

Defense gave up 4 TDs and GW FG in a row. Like every drive they scored. That's how. Defense and Staley are just as much to blame.

One stop and the game is won. They gave up 31 friggin points. On mostly long fields.

Face it. StaleyD was a complete dumpster fire.

Comment

Working...
                          X