• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

He's an idiot and a pot stirer simply because HE thinks he's smart and important. He could go on ESPN and tell the world that I deserve to be a billionaire and I'd come up with 50 reasons why I shouldn't... That's the level of respect I have for him.
    I have watched more ESPN shows the past couple weeks and even NFLN - and the shows are crap . They talk about the Cowboys every show it seems. Mike greenberg has the biggest woody for the Cowboys - the absolute biggest

But they are stupid and the analysis is more based on if one person says go left, the other says go right - jsut for debate

In no particular order but these are the people on ESPN and NFLN that really do not have good insight

Bart Scott
    Rob Ninkovich
    Kyle Brandt
    Stephen A - enough said
    Rachel Bonnetta
    Michael Robinson
    Dan Gaziano
    Diana Rossini
    Dominique Foxworthy

Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 01-12-2023, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah well many teams lose after that bye week and resting players as well. And those that don't rest their players keep moving along. May get rested and then get hurt in the playoffs. Mahomes got concussed and they lost.

Ask any player in the NFL and they will tell you a week of rest this late in the season is the holy grail.

That is precisely why the NFL awards the top team in each conference with a BYE WEEK.

You really think coaches and players of the Chiefs are sitting around this weekend wishing they were playing?

it’s not that complicated.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Ask any player in the NFL and they will tell you a week of rest this late in the season is the holy grail.

That is precisely why the NFL awards the top team in each conference with a BYE WEEK.

You really think coaches and players of the Chiefs are sitting around this weekend wishing they were playing?

it’s not that complicated.
        I don't care what they're wishing. I'm just saying it doesn't always work out. It's been proven. The teams that gets the bye or the team that rests their players the week before,.... Don't always win.

See it all the time.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't care what they're wishing. I'm just saying it doesn't always work out. It's been proven. The teams that gets the bye or the team that rests their players the week before,.... Don't always win.

See it all the time.
          How does it work for success not to have Mike Williams on Saturday?

Comment

• jox g
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

How does it work for success not to have Mike Williams on Saturday?
            Could be better, could be Worse. 1st game vs them, No KA, Linsley, Parham. Oline sucked. 2 LB's sucked.
            Now: No MW, BUT we have Linsely, Parham, Oline is better/gelled. 2 LB's are better
            STILL a plus over last time if we look at overall picture.

Great to have MW, but Linsely back+Parham+Joshua Palmer = One MW

Bonus: Alohi Gillman is playing better than NAS. It was NAS last time who started. Perhaps they can start Gillman who seems to gell well with the "D"

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Davis, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

"I stand behind what we did in that football game." Brandon Staley on playing his starters last weekend.

Stubborn idiot. What do you expect with Spanos running the ship.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                "I stand behind what we did in that football game." Brandon Staley on playing his starters last weekend.

Stubborn idiot. What do you expect with Spanos running the ship.
                I think he made a mistake - but what is he going to say
                Staley is not afraid of his convictions

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Davis, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I've seen lots of guys like Staley. I call them;

Ready - Fire - Aim

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

I've seen lots of guys like Staley. I call them;

Ready - Fire - Aim
                    Its one thing to have a program in place. Its one thing like last year to go on 4th down - a lot - to establish a culture. Though the Raider one - that still was kind of stupid
                    But at times, I think you also have to say "hey that was a learning lesson for me"

And I understand you cannot rest everybody - but the inactive list was bad to begin with (two QBs and 4 WRs)
                    and truly the Bengals were really never going to lose that game
                    plus the offense did so much on its first three drives - he was careless and arrogant

Staleys arrogance is an issue for me

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

His know it all attirude also belies his NFL exprience and success

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Its one thing to have a program in place. Its one thing like last year to go on 4th down - a lot - to establish a culture. Though the Raider one - that still was kind of stupid
                        But at times, I think you also have to say "hey that was a learning lesson for me"

And I understand you cannot rest everybody - but the inactive list was bad to begin with (two QBs and 4 WRs)
                        and truly the Bengals were really never going to lose that game
                        plus the offense did so much on its first three drives - he was careless and arrogant

Staleys arrogance is an issue for me
                        Yup it is getting on my nerves too. He does some good things but he also makes unforced errors and stupid mistakes. That is why so many NFL observers say these unnessessary mistakes are holding back Justin herbert and costing this team. A better more experienced coach would have had the Chargers in the playoffs LAST season.

And the AFC West might have 2 SB winning coaches that will coach circles around him next year. Payton interviewing in Denver ina few days and he said he knows how to fix Russell Wilson.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I have watched more ESPN shows the past couple weeks and even NFLN - and the shows are crap . They talk about the Cowboys every show it seems. Mike greenberg has the biggest woody for the Cowboys - the absolute biggest

But they are stupid and the analysis is more based on if one person says go left, the other says go right - jsut for debate

In no particular order but these are the people on ESPN and NFLN that really do not have good insight

Bart Scott
                          Rob Ninkovich

Kyle Brandt
                          Stephen A - enough said
                          Rachel Bonnetta
                          Michael Robinson
                          Dan Gaziano
                          Diana Rossini
                          Dominique Foxworthy

The first two guys are seasoned NFL vets - they don't say nice things all the time about the Chargers?

Comment

Working...
                          X