Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

yes
    Yes what - another new presser today or the post game one we all already saw? I did a YouTube search, the latest I saw was from Sunday.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Florida fan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Stanley has an opportunity to show he has been sandbagging on play calls. We all know he has the Balls to go for it on 4th down as many times as needed.

I want to see a game plan that put us in control without a lot of tricks or 4th down plays. It would be great to see takeaways early due to the defense studying.

I would love to see chargers score on first drive in 3rd qtr. then have defense step up and shut down Jags in second half.

Hope they play a no turnover game. that would help change my mine on Stanley and his possibly crazy smarts.

let’s all be honest, we are tired of change and I don’t trust spanos and TT finding the golden Goose. (Sean Payton is not coming here)

the players also have to take responsibility and play better than they have before.

I will be at the game

Comment

• Florida fan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Also, any chance Mcvay could come to chargers to work as assistant HC with Stanley? Wonder if there are any rams coaches that would jump ship.

im sure spanos would get kicked out of Sofi.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Yes what - another new presser today or the post game one we all already saw? I did a YouTube search, the latest I saw was from Sunday.
          Yes he did one today

Comment

• DerwinBosa
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2022
            • Send PM

How useful were Cam’s yards to the Rams? I recall a 3-score blowout by the Bolts, did I misremember something here? Teams no longer win with ground games alone. Modern Football = Stop the Pass and win the game.

It wasn’t Denver’s rush game last Sunday that did the team in, it was the long bombs to wide open receivers that Wilson connected on that were the difference. I’m not that worried about rush yards, I’m concerned with Ja’Sir and ASJ being 5+ yards behind a streaking WR on a go route because they were staring in the backfield as the WR ran by. They need to clean that shit up fast.
            We outrushed the Rams 192-166 in that game.

We were outrushed 205-59 by the Broncos this past Sunday. If you don't think that played a major factor in us losing, then you also must have thought the game was close just because the final score was 31-28.

You and I have been down this road before, in which you clearly don't believe running the football and stopping the run are important to a team's success, but it's surprising you haven't learned how important it is after the way we've lost most of our games this season.

Go down the list of our seven losses.

1. Chiefs 27, Chargers 24. Kansas City rushed for 93 yards to the Chargers' 75.
            2. Jaguars 38, Chargers 10. Jacksonville rushed for 151 yards to the Chargers' 26.
            3. Seahawks 37, Chargers 23: Seattle rushed for 213 yards to the Chargers' 53.
            4. 49ers 22, Chargers 16: San Francisco rushed for 157 yards to the Chargers' 51.
            5. Chiefs 30, Chargers 27. Kansas City rushed for 163 yards to the Chargers' 115.
            6. Raiders 27, Chargers 20. Raiders rushed for 154 yards to the Chargers' 72.
            7. Already mentioned how the Broncos rushed for 205 yards to the Chargers' 59.

How much more evidence do you need?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

We were outrushed 205-59 by the Broncos this past Sunday. If you don't think that played a major factor in us losing, then you also must have thought the game was close just because the final score was 31-28.

You and I have been down this road before, in which you clearly don't believe running the football and stopping the run are important to a team's success, but it's surprising you haven't learned how important it is after the way we've lost most of our games this season.

2. Jaguars 38, Chargers 10. Jacksonville rushed for 151 yards to the Chargers' 26.
              4. 49ers 22, Chargers 16: San Francisco rushed for 157 yards to the Chargers' 51.
              5. Chiefs 30, Chargers 27. Kansas City rushed for 163 yards to the Chargers' 115.

That’s enough. I’m trying to stay positive and seeing that we rushed for 26 yards against JaX with an injured qb is interfering g with that

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s enough. I’m trying to stay positive and seeing that we rushed for 26 yards against JaX with an injured qb is interfering g with that
                We only ran the ball 12 times and one was a 5 yard loss by Carter on a reverse. Herbert with that first game with injured ribs threw the ball 45 times. I'm sure all short passes and he couldn't run at all.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

I don’t agree that we can’t win if we give up 100+ yards, that in itself will not define the game. Wilson threw for 283 and 3 TDs on 13 completions. It was the bombs over the top of the secondary that scored 3 TDs and we lost by 3. Plus two painful fumbles where we were moving and could have scored. I saw the game with my own eyes and I know what happened. Yes they got too many yards on the ground but if not for multiple bombs that torched the secondary for easy TDs, we still would have won (and the two fumbles still )

It was a pick six that lost #1 on your list above. 93 vs 75 is utterly trivial and insignificant to that game, you don’t really think we lost because they gained 18 more yards on the ground, do you? We largely contained their rushing, it was that pick six and some Mahomes Magic (pass) plays that let them steal the win.

some of those others were blowouts, we got beat all the way around, including rush defense but hardly just rush defense.

We do disagree. I don’t say stopping the rush is unimportant. I agree we have given up too much rush yards. I say stopping the pass is more important and we can survive some degree of rushing success if the benefit is we shut down the pass. You’re cherry picking, we were out rushed in 5 games we won too:

Texans 131 vs 81
                  Broncos1 98 vs 73
                  Falcons 201 vs 91
                  Cardinals 181 vs 65
                  Dolphins 92 vs 82

I guess its more complicated than your one-sided presentation after all.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

Whether fairly or unfairly, this game will decide the upcoming narrative on Staley and by extension, Herbert. If we lose, Staley will be lambasted in the national media as a "defensive guru" who oversaw a bottom-of-the-league defensive unit, and handcuffed Herbert to Lombardi's conservative playcalling hampering his abilities. Herbert, even as of today -- if you go by Nick Wright's recent hot take -- is a QB that is potentially on the level of Ben Rothlisberger, and Trevor Lawrence is already the second coming of Peyton Manning, so the narratives are already starting to be painted.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2022
                      • Send PM

I don’t agree that we can’t win if we give up 100+ yards, that in itself will not define the game. Wilson threw for 283 and 3 TDs on 13 completions. It was the bombs over the top of the secondary that scored 3 TDs and we lost by 3. Plus two painful fumbles where we were moving and could have scored. I saw the game with my own eyes and I know what happened. Yes they got too many yards on the ground but if not for multiple bombs that torched the secondary for easy TDs, we still would have won (and the two fumbles still )

It was a pick six that lost #1 on your list above. 93 vs 75 is utterly trivial and insignificant to that game, you don’t really think we lost because they gained 18 more yards on the ground, do you? We largely contained their rushing, it was that pick six and some Mahomes Magic (pass) plays that let them steal the win.

some of those others were blowouts, we got beat all the way around, including rush defense but hardly just rush defense.

We do disagree. I don’t say stopping the rush is unimportant. I agree we have given up too much rush yards. I say stopping the pass is more important and we can survive some degree of rushing success if the benefit is we shut down the pass. You’re cherry picking, we were out rushed in 5 games we won too:

Texans 131 vs 81
                      Broncos1 98 vs 73
                      Falcons 201 vs 91
                      Cardinals 181 vs 65
                      Dolphins 92 vs 82

I guess its more complicated than your one-sided presentation after all.
                      Those five wins you posted were against four teams that didn't make the playoffs and another that barely got in. We also gave up over 200 yards rushing against the Browns and still won, thanks to their kicker missing the field goal following Staley's moronic decision. We're not facing any of those teams in the playoffs. They were all close games that should have been blowouts or won convincingly.

Five of the seven losses were against four playoff teams (Chiefs twice). Two of them were blowouts. Two of them were against teams we had no business losing to...Raiders and Broncos.

And do you really think Wilson would have had those opportunities to complete those passes without a running game like the one that destroyed us supporting him? Have you seen Wilson play this year?

Comment

• joebarnin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

Be careful not to confuse cause and effect. Teams with the lead rush a lot, to run out the clock. Teams behind throw the ball a lot, to catch up. So you often see winning teams with lots of rushing yards; but it’s not necessarily that rushing caused the win.

That said, our rush defense certainly leaves something to be desired.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Those five wins you posted were against four teams that didn't make the playoffs and another that barely got in. We also gave up over 200 yards rushing against the Browns and still won, thanks to their kicker missing the field goal following Staley's moronic decision. We're not facing any of those teams in the playoffs. They were all close games that should have been blowouts or won convincingly.

Five of the seven losses were against four playoff teams (Chiefs twice). Two of them were blowouts. Two of them were against teams we had no business losing to...Raiders and Broncos.

And do you really think Wilson would have had those opportunities to complete those passes without a running game like the one that destroyed us supporting him? Have you seen Wilson play this year?
                          Ahh - so you’re saying if we lose the rush war and win then those don’t count? The old shoud have won by more story. Gotcha.

Comment

Working...
                          X